CAMPUS CARRY

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

CAMPUS CARRY

Post by WTR »

Our local news just ran a story that the UTEP Administration admitted that after 3 months of CCing on campus there had been no incidents involving guns. Also, every student interviewed not only knew of no gun incidents but had never seen a gun on campus. Of course, there was the one woman who was concerned about future incidents. She spoke as if anyone was able to carry a handgun, and we just don't know the psychological make up of those that do.

SHogun62

Re: CAMPUS CARRY

Post by SHogun62 »

I've been carrying at UTD since the law took effect, as I'm sure another forum user on here does as well. I myself have noticed nobody even looks in the direction of my hip, let alone notice the small line made in my shirt by the magazine base. There haven't been any incidents on the campus that I know about. All seems to be working out fairly well on my campus.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

The sky is not falling.
There will not be blood.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

WTR wrote:Our local news just ran a story that the UTEP Administration admitted that after 3 months of CCing on campus there had been no incidents involving guns. ....
Would love a link..
USAF 1982-2005

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Shocked, I tell you.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

I started a thread about SB11 implementation at TAMU which appropriately faded into oblivion since absolutely nothing has happened. Of course, that didn't stop the local BCS paper from reprinting this silly opinion piece from the WaPo (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 0#comments).
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

ELB wrote:
WTR wrote:Our local news just ran a story that the UTEP Administration admitted that after 3 months of CCing on campus there had been no incidents involving guns. ....
Would love a link..
http://cbs4local.com/news/local/how-man ... mpus-carry

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

SHogun62 wrote:I've been carrying at UTD since the law took effect, as I'm sure another forum user on here does as well. I myself have noticed nobody even looks in the direction of my hip, let alone notice the small line made in my shirt by the magazine base. There haven't been any incidents on the campus that I know about. All seems to be working out fairly well on my campus.
I can personally assure you that one could carry every day of their college career and that no one would ever notice. ;-)
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

ELB

Post by ELB »

WTR wrote:
ELB wrote:
Would love a link..
http://cbs4local.com/news/local/how-man ... mpus-carry
Thanks!
"Have you seen anybody carrying guns around campus?" CBS4 reporter Ashley Claster asked UTEP Senior Gaby Gallegos.

"No," she answered.

"Not once?" Claster asked.

"No," Gallegos answered.
How does she know? ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Same story on all campuses. no problems reported, professors are all still alive, and able to teach, without being shot, crazed, drunken college students haven't opened up at frat parties, and no one feeling threatened by the micro aggressions associated with attending classes with someone possibly carrying. All pretty boring. :yawn

I would be interested to learn if there has been a decrease in crimes on State campuses, like robbery, assault, sexual assault etc. That will probably have to wait until after the first year, and then the liberals will claim it is only a coincidence. :banghead:

I wonder what the Maternal Parental Units Strongly Suggesting Motion have to complain about now? :evil2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

ELB wrote:
"Have you seen anybody carrying guns around campus?" CBS4 reporter Ashley Claster asked UTEP Senior Gaby Gallegos.

"No," she answered.

"Not once?" Claster asked.

"No," Gallegos answered.
How does she know? ;-)
Because concealed means concealed...

The only way she would have seen someone carrying around campus is if she had seen the gun. I guess that means that she hasn't seen any police officers on campus either. Oh wait, they are supposed to be there with openly carried firearms.

SHogun62

Post by SHogun62 »

AJSully421 wrote:
SHogun62 wrote:I've been carrying at UTD since the law took effect, as I'm sure another forum user on here does as well. I myself have noticed nobody even looks in the direction of my hip, let alone notice the small line made in my shirt by the magazine base. There haven't been any incidents on the campus that I know about. All seems to be working out fairly well on my campus.
I can personally assure you that one could carry every day of their college career and that no one would ever notice. ;-)
You're probably right. It's just always a surprise to me, but that's most likely because prior to college, my entire career included looking for indications of weapons as standard procedure, so my mindset is locked into that methodology.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Papa_Tiger wrote: ...The only way she would have seen someone carrying around campus is if she had seen the gun.
My point was that she could have very well seen someone -- several someones even -- carrying on campus, and not realized it because the gun was concealed. She really doesn't know if she's seen anyone carrying or not. ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

jkurtz

Post by jkurtz »

This is just anecdotal evidence, so take it for what it is worth, but it seems like there have been more frequent campus crime alerts since campus carry started. Did I mention I go to a private school?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”