Estonians encouraged to keep firearms at home

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Estonians encouraged to keep firearms at home

Post by bblhd672 »

crazy2medic wrote:EXACTLY!
You cannot subjugate an armed populace
You summed up the crux of the election next week in 7 words! One side wants to disarm the populace, the other does not.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soap wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:Why does everybody always assume you can't beat a modern military, it's called asymmetrical warfare, you go after the infrastructure, you go after ammo and fuel dumps, hit them when ever they present a weak spot, you don't have to beat them outright, you bleed them with a thousand cuts!
We were beat in Iraq. Imagine if millions of people stood up and lived among innocents. It really couldn't be beat. In Iraq and Afghanistan the enemy used carriers to deliever messages because big brother was all over the technology.
I'd argue that we were not beaten militarily in Iraq. We were beaten politically - war being merely politics by another name. Whenever a nation loses the political will to fight, it will lose the war it is fighting. When a superpower loses a war to a foreign insurgency, it isn't because the insurgency is superior in combat arms, training, weaponry, or tactics. It is because the superior force lacks the will to win, and to accept the price of winning.

Yeah, the net effect is the same, but there is a difference that goes beyond mere semantics. Ever since the advent of the nuclear age and the Cold War, the U.S. has not had the political will to flat out win militarily any of its conflicts whenever it was a conflict by proxy with the USSR. Korea was fought to a draw, and hostilities still exist today. In Vietnam, whenever our forces had the chance to engage the enemy in a full-on military confrontation, we prevailed. Some 111,179 NVA and Vietcong were killed or wounded during the Tet Offensive, to considerably less than half of that for our side. In fact, there were so many Vietcong killed that it led to a much larger NVA involvement as a result.

When an insurgency wins, it has to do with it having the support of the larger part of the populace in which it takes place. Otherwise, military might will eventually prevail. That's why Vietnam turned out the way it did. That's why Estonia will likely do well in the event of a Russian invasion. I'm reminded of the Winter War, when the soviets invaded Finland in 1939 - an invasion that lasted all of 3 months, 1 week and 5 days, during which sniper Simo Häyhä reaped 505 soviet souls for the cause. The attachment below shows soviet stats in the left column, and Finnish stats in the right column. The soviets had to withdraw.
Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 3.29.34 PM.png
If the Estonian gov't is giving full throated support to preparing its civilian population as best it can to resist a Russian invasion, including arming those civilians with automatic weapons and training them in their use, it isn't going to go well for Russia if they do something stupid and cross the Estonian border. The only way the Russians could win would be to commit atrocities against civilians on a WW2 nazi scale, against a NATO member no less. And in so doing, they would end up being completely isolated from the rest of the world, as not one nation.....except maybe the Norks......would want any of the guilt by association.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soap »

We were fighting ghost and roadside bombs in Iraq.

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

The Annoyed Man wrote:But my main point is this: THIS is how the U.S. gov't should relate to militias — encouraging them with training and materials, rather than disparaging them and treating them with suspicion.
I think you know the answer to that - the disagreement that went on from April 12, 1861 to May 9, 1865. Militias in the US were in bad odor after the dust settled. Even the term "militia" became a dirty word, that continues to this day.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

Liberty wrote:Finally, A government that gets it.
Some governments always got "it"

Preparing for Invasion: Poland's Paramilitary Weekend Warriors

Their armed forces rely heavily on militias in their defense strategy.
Check out the broad mix of east & west equipment.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

There aren't many governments that allow their citizens to keep and bear arms anymore. Even the Israelis have restrictions on owning our own weapons. The free world is shrinking.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Liberty wrote:There aren't many governments that allow their citizens to keep and bear arms anymore. Even the Israelis have restrictions on owning our own weapons. The free world is shrinking.
Sometimes it does seem that mankind abhors a free mankind, doesn't it? I never cease wondering how people can be so fickle as to choose a false comfort over their own liberty. But that's the reality of it, and I believe that it will take something cataclysmic to restore its appreciation.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Liberty wrote:There aren't many governments that allow their citizens to keep and bear arms anymore. Even the Israelis have restrictions on owning our own weapons. The free world is shrinking.
Sometimes it does seem that mankind abhors a free mankind, doesn't it? I never cease wondering how people can be so fickle as to choose a false comfort over their own liberty. But that's the reality of it, and I believe that it will take something cataclysmic to restore its appreciation.
The cataclysmic events of the past seem to almost always result in a restriction of freedoms. Some in my memory:
  • The killing of JFK .. Resulted in stricter gun controls.
    Shooting of Reagan .. more gun controls.
    9/11 Took away many rights to privacy, practically stripped away our rights to fair trials, and search and seizure.
Notable exceptions are some of the former Iron curtain countries That remember Nazi occupation followed up by Russian occupation. A few of these countries still seem to value the right to protect ourselves. Poland, Czechoslovakia and Estonia are good examples. Finland and Norway seem to understand the value of the individual being able to protect themselves also.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Bolton Strid wrote:
Liberty wrote:Finally, A government that gets it.
Some governments always got "it"

Preparing for Invasion: Poland's Paramilitary Weekend Warriors

Their armed forces rely heavily on militias in their defense strategy.
Check out the broad mix of east & west equipment.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Interesting story about Athens, TN. I'm afraid the spirit of Paul Cantrell's perfidy is alive and well in Texas.

In precincts where electronic ballots are used, the format of the blank ballot is always proprietary to the voting vendor. That's not a matter of law, it's just how all the approved vendors work.

What is a matter of law is the public has the right to see a specimen ballot, which is a real ballot kept under lock and key at the election clerk's office, in each format used in each election (state election code 52.007).

Section 124.005 says the Secretary of State may waive the requirement of a specimen ballot for electronic systems, a move that would codify election insecurity, and something that my Public Information Act requests indicate has never been done.

Completed ballots are covered by the same copyright law as blank ballots. Nobody can look directly into the virtual ballot box except the voting system vendor. Call the vendor John Doe. No, wait, call him Tennessee Sheriff Paul Cantrell, just to have a good random name.

The raw ballot data cannot be examined. It is a felony under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to reverse engineer proprietary methods, and that makes it a felony to look directly at Texas ballots (the electronic ones, anyway).

But how could this matter? Just click the count button and be happy, don't worry.

Except in at least one major race that didn't turn out so well.

In the ancient history of George W. Bush's last election, when the world fixated on Florida's chads, he lost one-third of his votes in Alaska, where nobody in the lower 48 much cares.

When officials clicked the statewide count button, Bush got 200,000 votes. When they added up all the precincts, he got 300,000. At least one other race was similarly cockeyed. The books didn't balance.

There was a great outcry - in Alaska, anyway - to audit the ballot data and determine the true outcome of the election. Their Lieutenant Governor and Diebold's version of Sheriff Cantrell successfully blocked the audit. Diebold's position was the data belonged to Alaska, the format in which it was entombed was Diebold's. No recount was ever done.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to see that the blank electronic ballots do not include any executable components? What if the ballots are similar to Word documents, and support macros?

Fortunately, State election law says I don't have to wonder. I can look and see for myself.

Unfortunately, I've been denied access to specimen ballots (electronic ones) every time I've asked, including last week.

Trump is right. Our systems are rigged and they have been for years. Whether or not unwholesome, unlawful intervention actually happens, the means and the opportunity are there. I imagine motive is there, too.

I don't have a clue how to get anyone to listen. I've tried, I've failed.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

treadlightly wrote: I don't have a clue how to get anyone to listen. I've tried, I've failed.
The powerful elite don't care about what we want. They only care that one thing stands between their goals of absolute power over the people - firearms.

In order to get government to listen to the people again may require invoking a bunch of rules with numbers like .308 and 5.56
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I spoke to someone in the Texas GOP election fraud committee late Friday. She was one of the few people who understood what I said, possibly because of her son who is a network admin somewhere. She had at least basic knowledge of things like SQL injection. If the central Microsoft Access database (yep, that's what used in some cases) is not protected from SQL injection, a single malicious ballot wormed into a single voting machine at a single precinct could alter the district-wide count. Ham-handedly, to be sure, but without access to the ballot data the crime would be at least a little veiled.

By the way, although they sometimes claim the central tabulation machine doesn't run Windows, it uses the disk, in some cases uses Access for data (GEMS, for example), and it runs on a personal computer.

Oddly, the Secretary of State's office tells me that's not the case, it never runs on a PC, it always runs on a workstation. The subtlety of the difference between personal computer and workstation is evidence, to me, they want to deflect criticism.

Here's another goody to ponder - section 122.031 says, "Before a voting system or voting system equipment may be used in an election, the system and a unit of the equipment must be approved by the secretary of state as provided by this subchapter."

Care to guess how many "workstations" have been approved for use in elections since the dawn of time through the present day?

Hint - It's a special case integer bracketed by negative one and positive one on the number line.

Mmmm.... Flashable BIOS motherboards... Loadable ROM modules on adapter cards from Chinese manufacturers... My thinking is the Green Party has a chance!

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

IMHO, this is being looked at from the wrong perspective. The intent is NOT to disarm the American populace in any sort of rapid fashion, I believe the "bad guys", the globalist elites, know it to be highly impractical at best, and likely impossible. It is to limit the ability of the American populace to freely utilize their rights as one tactic in the war of the elites against the citizenry, a war for complete control. The second part is to vilify the exercise of those rights to brainwash as much of the citizenry as possible. Additionally, they want to make it as difficult as possible to acquire more firearms and ammunition, in the future. All of that's merely tactical, however. Their bigger strategic goal is to flood this nation rapidly with those from other nations, with folks who have a higher birthrate than the citizenry. Most Americans don't have huge families, they want to enjoy the fruits of their labors...most of the new arrivals don't think that way. Additionally, the new arrivals are used to governments that tell them what to do, and they often have a near fatalistic viewpoint to life, that whatever happens, happens, and they can do nothing about it, so why even try. Once the globalist elites have replaced the citizenry with enough newcomers who fall in line, the rest will be easy. There is most certainly a war going on already, and at the current rate, the bad guys are winning. Something MUST change in the near future, or we are doomed in the long run, even if we win in the short-term.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

treadlightly wrote:I spoke to someone in the Texas GOP election fraud committee late Friday. She was one of the few people who understood what I said, possibly because of her son who is a network admin somewhere. She had at least basic knowledge of things like SQL injection. If the central Microsoft Access database (yep, that's what used in some cases) is not protected from SQL injection, a single malicious ballot wormed into a single voting machine at a single precinct could alter the district-wide count. Ham-handedly, to be sure, but without access to the ballot data the crime would be at least a little veiled.

By the way, although they sometimes claim the central tabulation machine doesn't run Windows, it uses the disk, in some cases uses Access for data (GEMS, for example), and it runs on a personal computer.

Oddly, the Secretary of State's office tells me that's not the case, it never runs on a PC, it always runs on a workstation. The subtlety of the difference between personal computer and workstation is evidence, to me, they want to deflect criticism.

Here's another goody to ponder - section 122.031 says, "Before a voting system or voting system equipment may be used in an election, the system and a unit of the equipment must be approved by the secretary of state as provided by this subchapter."

Care to guess how many "workstations" have been approved for use in elections since the dawn of time through the present day?

Hint - It's a special case integer bracketed by negative one and positive one on the number line.

Mmmm.... Flashable BIOS motherboards... Loadable ROM modules on adapter cards from Chinese manufacturers... My thinking is the Green Party has a chance!
Workstation, PC, same thing. It should all be required to report back to 2-3 servers throughout each county, which report to several servers at the state level. Multiple independent sets of data to be checked against each other - by the state, not Diebold.

Or just use paper.

I'm honestly surprised that they don't just use The Cloud to store it all. AWS and Azure are so secure and stable.

ETA: I just realized we've veered way off topic... :rolll
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”