Hillary Clinton for New York mayor?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hillary Clinton for New York mayor?

Post by Jeff B. »

To me... It's stunning that HRC is that (purportedly) popular in NYC!

I'm originally from Long Island (the half that has perpetually been Republican) and cannot stand her, Andrew The Pious, Chuck Schumer, Kristin Gillibrand, etc. Their antics and the oppressive level of government that they would FORCE on us make me so upset that I feel ill when thinking on it.

Anyhow, more to the point, I feel that this type of schism in thinking, core values and beliefs systems demonstrates more effectively thanany editorial or blog post that sections of this once united nation have grown apart and likely cannot coexist in the long term.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Put her in NY and build the border wall around it with no gate :evil2:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

RPBrown wrote:Put her in NY and build the border wall around it with no gate :evil2:
... and don't send in Snake Plissken!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bmwrdr »

RPBrown wrote:Put her in NY and build the border wall around it with no gate :evil2:
That would leave Trump 2 options. Either move his Tower somewhere else or jail her before she gets to it. :banghead:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

E10

Post by E10 »

Eric Lamberson wrote:If she runs for the mayor of New York, they will probably elect her.
She and NYC deserve each other. A match made in heaven, and yet another reason for me not to visit (as if I need one).

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Skiprr wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
Skiprr wrote:I would strongly encourage President-elect Trump to consider offering Secretary Clinton an ambassadorship. I believe it's high time the United States establish an embassy in the Republic of Nauru, and I believe Secretary Clinton would be perfect for this prestigious role.
Nope - Benghazi or nothing.
Still would be too visible and carry too much responsibility. Google the "Republic of Nauru." :mrgreen:
Looks like a nice place. I wouldn't mind the ambassadorship... :coolgleamA:

That said, I google-earthed it and it's only 10 miles around the entire perimeter of the island. Not even as far around as the half marathon that I ran on Sunday.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

allisji wrote:Looks like a nice place. I wouldn't mind the ambassadorship... :coolgleamA:

That said, I google-earthed it and it's only 10 miles around the entire perimeter of the island. Not even as far around as the half marathon that I ran on Sunday.
Congrats on the half marathon. Were you caught by the rain, or did it manage to dodge you?

And I'm sorry I ever brought up the Republic of Nauru as a possible ambassadorship for Hillary Clinton. With apologies to the wonderful people of Nauru, it was meant to be a poke at Hillary on several levels.

I think I need to 'splain myself, then we can all forget I ever mentioned it. :oops:
  • Nauru is the smallest island nation in the world, with a total area of just over 8 square miles, and a population of about 10,000.
  • It's in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean. Its closest major neighbor is Sydney, Australia over 2,400 miles away...almost the same distance as Los Angeles is from New York City.
  • It was once a prosperous speck, with the highest income, per capita, of any nation in the world circa 1980. The source of that income? Huge deposits of valuable...wait for it, wait for it...fossilized bird dung.
  • With their new-found wealth, the Nauruarians bought junk food. A lot of it. In 2007, 71.7% of its residents were identified by the World Health Organization as obese, the highest rate in the world (overtaken by Mexico in 2013). In Nauru, 31% of adults have type two diabetes, the highest percentage in the world.
  • The heavy mining of the bird dung had two other results. First, the dung was fairly quickly...consumed. By the mid-80s, the dung had, well, dried up. Second, the mining was so aggressive that it left much of the island so severely damaged that 75% of the island is now uninhabitable. So of that tiny 8 square miles, only 2 square miles are inhabitable.
  • With few financial options left, in 2001 the government of Nauru agreed to house a criminal detention center for Australia in return for what, as of 2014, equaled $27.1 million per year. Nauru is now reliant on this penal-system foreign aid.
I'm sure Nauru would be eager for the recognition and dollars that a U.S. embassy there would mean. And it just seemed the most fitting political office for Hillary that I could think of. And who knows? If she and Bill move there, new deposits of fossilized bird dung might be discovered!

:biggrinjester:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Skiprr wrote:
allisji wrote:Looks like a nice place. I wouldn't mind the ambassadorship... :coolgleamA:

Congrats on the half marathon. Were you caught by the rain, or did it manage to dodge you?

And I'm sorry I ever brought up the Republic of Nauru as a possible ambassadorship for Hillary Clinton. With apologies to the wonderful people of Nauru, it was meant to be a poke at Hillary on several levels.

I think I need to 'splain myself, then we can all forget I ever mentioned it. :oops:
  • Nauru is the smallest island nation in the world, with a total area of just over 8 square miles, and a population of about 10,000.
  • It's in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean. Its closest major neighbor is Sydney, Australia over 2,400 miles away...almost the same distance as Los Angeles is from New York City.
  • It was once a prosperous speck, with the highest income, per capita, of any nation in the world circa 1980. The source of that income? Huge deposits of valuable...wait for it, wait for it...fossilized bird dung.
  • With their new-found wealth, the Nauruarians bought junk food. A lot of it. In 2007, 71.7% of its residents were identified by the World Health Organization as obese, the highest rate in the world (overtaken by Mexico in 2013). In Nauru, 31% of adults have type two diabetes, the highest percentage in the world.
  • The heavy mining of the bird dung had two other results. First, the dung was fairly quickly...consumed. By the mid-80s, the dung had, well, dried up. Second, the mining was so aggressive that it left much of the island so severely damaged that 75% of the island is now uninhabitable. So of that tiny 8 square miles, only 2 square miles are inhabitable.
  • With few financial options left, in 2001 the government of Nauru agreed to house a criminal detention center for Australia in return for what, as of 2014, equaled $27.1 million per year. Nauru is now reliant on this penal-system foreign aid.
I'm sure Nauru would be eager for the recognition and dollars that a U.S. embassy there would mean. And it just seemed the most fitting political office for Hillary that I could think of. And who knows? If she and Bill move there, new deposits of fossilized bird dung might be discovered!

:biggrinjester:
Makes much more sense knowing the full story. The fact that the island is essentially an Australian prison would make it a suitable destination for the Clintons.

Not the tropical paradise that it appears.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”