Sad but probably true, Politcal Violence

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sad but probably true, Politcal Violence

Post by Liberty »

stroo wrote: ...
They also invariably accuse me of not reading widely. Then I find out they read nothing but the mainstream media and leftist sites whereas while I primarily read sites on the right side of the spectrum, I also periodically read articles from the NY Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post and Politico among other leftist sites.
A pet peeve of mine amongst leftist conspiracist, Those who yammer on about manmade Global warming, Immunizations, chem streams, and GMOs. Will brag about how they have researched their information. What they are really saying is that they have read up at some leftist conspiratal web sites that are heavily focused on agenda and distorted information. Having a reasonable discussion with these people is impossible. They won't acknowledge well established facts or studies.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

stroo wrote:I have engaged in several "discussion" with leftists on FB and other social media. I try very had not to call names. But inevitably within two posts, they start calling me names.

They also invariably accuse me of not reading widely. Then I find out they read nothing but the mainstream media and leftist sites whereas while I primarily read sites on the right side of the spectrum, I also periodically read articles from the NY Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post and Politico among other leftist sites.

They also discuss in slogans not reasoned arguments.

And they seem to becoming more violent in their rhetoric.
This is not a new situation. Several years ago, when the Argyle ISD announced the program to arm teachers and put up warning signs to that effect on all of the buildings, one of my fellow Conservatives posted the suggestion on local social media that other local districts should do likewise. He immediately and vigorously attacked. I went to his aid and together the two of us held our own for more than 3 days, on and off. He started his own thread for the discussion and several of the Libs finally came back, demanding that he and I be banished from that thread for 48 hours to give others the right to express their views. All we did was not allow them to filibuster the argument, responding to each of the things that they posted. It was 2 against about 12-15.

If you were to compare that thread to almost any of the anti-Trump "discussions" today, it would be a near mirror image. All of the elements were there from the dismissal of any facts to the name calling to the emotional outbursts. That fact that he and I were left by ourselves to defend the armed school position is not reflective of that area. Many others told us later that they agreed with us but were afraid of the possible violence. The other fellow changed his Facebook profile to a pseudo-name for a while. They started to attack him and his customers at his self-employed place of business. I'm retired and have no similar exposure.I can assure that that I work hard and just talking about the facts but I'm sure that no one would be surprised at the name calling and insults that get hurled my way.

There are elements of the Left like that 100 or so masked protesters that showed up at UC Berkley which scare me. It is not because I'm physically afraid of them but because the situation badly stacked odds in their favor. They attacked the girl with the Trump hat with pepper spray but if she could have been armed and responded to that threat, she would have been crucified in the uber-Left court system there. Thankfully, we live in Texas where that is somewhat (depending on the specific geography) more balanced. I don't worry about anything but the gang violence since, as individuals, most of them are cowards away from their keyboards.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

flowrie wrote:Read this article this morning. I have not read the author's book, but this article makes some sense of the violence we have seen.
I am sad but afraid it may be true. Maybe someone can comment on his book.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschl ... y-n2281602
I've read, "People's Republic". I liked it. He took the current trend of events, accelerated and enhanced it a bit and, viola! He got his plot and surroundings for the book.

I'd rate it as a "four star". Not a literary classic, but entertaining reading.

Regards,

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I can say without a doubt that I have never seen such raw hate from the left. They preach "tolerance" but they mean tolerance only for those that think like them. I have a son in law that actually had to go to the ER after the election because he was so traumatized. If you say anything about Republicans (and especially Trump) he practically starts foaming at the mouth and spewing all kinds of hate and garbage.
Even before the election my sister flatly refuse to talk politics, discuss issues or common ground finally saying that she had so much stress about it (meaning the thought of Trump as president) that it might give her serious health problems. I let it go for the better of our relationship and because she has two kids that need her to function daily.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Some one going to get hurt bad .This type of nonsense is just bad news.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”