KHOU - New bill against carrying firearms while intoxicated

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Re: KHOU - New bill against carrying firearms while intoxicated

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Syntyr wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
bblhd672 wrote::roll: Feel good legislation.

The US should just ban alcohol... :biggrinjester:
Knowing the left.. they might think this NEW idea is a good one! :cheers2:

No you are looking at this wrong. Alcohol is TOTALLY safe and never has hurt a soul or caused any accidents or mayhem. Now guns on the other hand are evil incarnate. Ergo the solution is to BAN GUNS!
I don't like clouds. Can we ban them too?

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Syntyr »

The most recent example I've seen of this was headlines saying President Trump wanted to let mentally ill people have guns.

For example: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-votes ... tally-ill/

I actually had a friend at work ask me what that was really about, because she knows I'm big on gun rights and would know. She just couldn't believe the MSM line that said "GOP votes to arm mentally ill people." You know it's bad (good?) when even the liberals are starting to question the hogwash coming out of the media these days.

I saw a similat report. The exact headline was Trump wants to give guns to the severly mentally disabled!

I had to stop in my tracks and rewind to see if what i thought i had just heard is what they had said. Disgusting.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: I don't like clouds. Can we ban them too?
Clowns! Clowns are scary!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Probably best to also ban glass beer bottles while they are in session... do you guys know how many beach goers have cut their feet on broken glass?? :shock:

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pariah3j »

flechero wrote:Probably best to also ban glass beer bottles while they are in session... do you guys know how many beach goers have cut their feet on broken glass?? :shock:
Not to mention how many hollywood movies have portrayed them as evil by breaking them and using them as deadly melee weapons !
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: I don't like clouds. Can we ban them too?
Have you looked at clouds from both sides, up and down and realize that it's cloud illusions and that you really don't know clouds at all. :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

ScottDLS wrote:How about a law making it illegal to "be" intoxicated in Texas.... :rules:
Doesn't "public intoxication" cover this?

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScottDLS »

Oldgringo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:How about a law making it illegal to "be" intoxicated in Texas.... :rules:
Doesn't "public intoxication" cover this?
As comedian Ron White says....only if you're in PUBLIC (hic).

I don't want a law making illegal for me to be intoxicated at home, or while asleep, or while a passenger...etc.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I believe that it is already illegal to carry while intoxicated.
Not for cops. I think it's long overdue to close that loophole.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

This was filed yesterday by way-left Rep from South Austin, Gina Hinojosa http://www.ginaforaustin.com/.

It's HB 1827: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... ill=HB1827.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Syntyr wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
bblhd672 wrote::roll: Feel good legislation.

The US should just ban alcohol... :biggrinjester:
Knowing the left.. they might think this NEW idea is a good one! :cheers2:

No you are looking at this wrong. Alcohol is TOTALLY safe and never has hurt a soul or caused any accidents or mayhem. Now guns on the other hand are evil incarnate. Ergo the solution is to BAN GUNS!
So, if someone is driving while intoxicated, does he automatically lose his DL for 5 yrs?
What stupidity is that? Driving while intoxicated kill tons of people each year. We should revoke their DL for 10yrs and slam them 6-months in poke.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

How about a law against measurable blood alcohol while sitting in a legislative body?

Being hung over is impaired, so we can't let hangovers influence legislation. Legislators should never approach inebriation while in session, even during weekend breaks.

They write the laws that protect our children, and that shouldn't be done by a bunch of drunks. :evil2:

SMRoot

Post by SMRoot »

Is there any way to clearly tighten up the wording of the statutes so that having a glass of wine with dinner doesn't mean that you have to leave your handgun at home, but still doesn't allow people to carry while truly impaired?

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I too saw this news spot. It was very short on details, as in no details of the shooting. The bill is going to be filed by a Democrat and that speaks volumes. I suspect it will be both unnecessary and grossly overbroad.

Chas.
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... navpanes=0
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScottDLS »

SMRoot wrote:Is there any way to clearly tighten up the wording of the statutes so that having a glass of wine with dinner doesn't mean that you have to leave your handgun at home, but still doesn't allow people to carry while truly impaired?
It already is the law. The standard for intoxication for carrying IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS FOR DRIVING. If you can't have a glass without being INTOXICATED, then don't carry and don't drive. Intoxication is not having the normal use of your faculties OR being 0.08 or more BAC. In the absence of a BAC test, the prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you did not have normal use of your faculties. There are plenty of DWI lawyers that specializing in raising a doubt, and if you are not driving I am not aware of a requirement for you to submit to a blood/breath test.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”