FBI: Background checks down in Jan 2017

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

FBI: Background checks down in Jan 2017

Post by bblhd672 »

FBI: Background Checks for January Down 500,000 from a Year Ago
http://www.breitbart.com/california/201 ... -year-ago/

Maybe there are fewer progressives/leftists arming up than the media would like us to think.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Re: FBI: Background checks down in Jan 2017

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bblhd672 wrote:FBI: Background Checks for January Down 500,000 from a Year Ago

Maybe there are fewer progressives/leftists arming up than the media would like us to think.
I'm thinking that the Kalifornia Liberation Army needs to start stocking up if their secession movement has any hope of succeeding.

Just kidding, I'm sure the rest of the U.S. will be glad to let them go without firing a shot.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

I'm seeing some deeply discounted firearm prices continuing to push into the retail space. I think manufacturers produced and retailers stocked up in anticipation of that "98.1% chance" that Hillary Clinton would be elected. Now that sales in December and January are being totaled, without the big panicked buying bustle, some retailers are taking pretty hefty markdowns. Like complete AR-15s for under $400 and complete lowers with milspec stock for $89.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

They need to hold the prices down for tax refund season!
Looking forward to the extra savings on new firearm purchases.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

I'm thinking that the Kalifornia Liberation Army needs to start stocking up if their secession movement has any hope of succeeding.
I think you mean Kalifornia Liberation Army Nacional
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr wrote:I'm seeing some deeply discounted firearm prices continuing to push into the retail space. I think manufacturers produced and retailers stocked up in anticipation of that "98.1% chance" that Hillary Clinton would be elected. Now that sales in December and January are being totaled, without the big panicked buying bustle, some retailers are taking pretty hefty markdowns. Like complete AR-15s for under $400 and complete lowers with milspec stock for $89.
It's not a universal drop in prices though. I just ordered a Gen4 G26 from my local FFL, and it is going to cost $529.00. I guess that's not as bad as it could be, but I've seen $569.00 for the same gun. But if you're willing to take a Gen3, it's $499 - which is a pretty good price for a NIB Glock. But I want a Gen4. Fortunately, I don't have to pay cash for the whole thing because I do barter with them in exchange for my website services, and right now I have a credit balance there of about half the price already.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

apostate

Post by apostate »

I see price drops on overstock items, which makes sense.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Ameer wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

You're right. I forgot that the official language is Spanish is that place.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

apostate wrote:I see price drops on overstock items, which makes sense.
:iagree:

Your perception on this will depend on what you are looking for. Glocks are pretty much a commodity, and have been $500 for Gen3's / $565 for Gen 4's for quite a while now. I haven't seen prices move much since the election. Most of the stuff I am interested in has also not dropped in price lately.

I have seen a few good deals at LGS's, but it has always been for things that I don't have a ton of interest in buying.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Your perception on this will depend on what you are looking for. Glocks are pretty much a commodity, and have been $500 for Gen3's / $565 for Gen 4's for quite a while now. I haven't seen prices move much since the election.
Very much so. I don't think retailers expected a lot of panic buying of handguns and bolt-action rifles if HRC won, and didn't stack 'em deep. Modern sporting rifles and standard capacity magazines on the other hand...

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Ameer wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

You're right. I forgot that the official language is Spanish is that place.
True but it was more about getting their acronym right.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

flechero

Of course!

Post by flechero »

bblhd672 wrote:FBI: Background Checks for January Down 500,000 from a Year Ago.
Makes perfect sense. With Republicans controlling the house, senate and the WH, there is no "rush to buy" before you can't!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”