A Bitter Pill to Swallow?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 2

A Bitter Pill to Swallow?

Post by thatguyoverthere »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/13/sh ... arena.html

From Washington state:
Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said he was outraged Saturday night when he was prevented from entering the Spokane Arena to promote a charity hockey game, because he was carrying his gun -- even though he was on duty.
Welcome to our world, Sheriff. It would be funny if it wasn't highlighting the similar predicament faced by us "common" LTC'ers here in Texas.

But to see what IS funny, click on the photo and take a look at his nice 1911. Now take a real close look at his custom grips. How ironic is that?!?! :smilelol5:

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Re: A Bitter Pill to Swallow?

Post by Skiprr »

thatguyoverthere wrote:But to see what IS funny, click on the photo and take a look at his nice 1911. Now take a real close look at his custom grips. How ironic is that?!?! :smilelol5:
Did a little zoom-lighten-sharpen action for ya:

An aside, having spent some time in Washington State I can attest that, as you cross west to east, left to right, through the Cascade Mountains the political clime also shifts left to right. Seeing that sidearm on the Spokane County sheriff surprises me not at all. Back near the coast...no way. Too bad the biggest voter count is in SEA/TAC.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Topbuilder »

Well, they have to protect their customers. :shock:
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Can't the sheriff close down the event in his county?

If I was him, I would make sure that any calls for assistance would be ignored, and just let the security guards handle it.
JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

He gets no sympathy from me when he thinks it's wrong he had to disarm but it's fine and dandy to make the taxpayers that pay his salary disarm at the same venue. I wonder if he even knows what those stocks mean or if it's all Greek to him and he just liked the picture.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Looks like a Sig Sauer 1911 Spartan. The cool grips are factory.

1911-45-SPARTAN
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

flechero

Post by flechero »

Welcome, Sheriff, to life in the citizens class!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

ninjabread wrote:He gets no sympathy from me when he thinks it's wrong he had to disarm but it's fine and dandy to make the taxpayers that pay his salary disarm at the same venue. I wonder if he even knows what those stocks mean or if it's all Greek to him and he just liked the picture.
Please tell me: What would be the similar, applicable Texas statute(s)? They do exist, BTW.

For that matter, if you're ranting, what Washington State statutes applied?

In most if not all of Texas's largest cities we now have leftist-falling liberal sheriffs marching to the beat of the leftist-crumbling city governments.

Why in the holy goodness of all things would you rail down spite on a 2A-supporting sheriff in a Red county in Washington State?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Skiprr wrote:a 2A-supporting sheriff
Assumes facts not in evidence.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

ninjabread wrote:
Skiprr wrote:a 2A-supporting sheriff
Assumes facts not in evidence.
Evidence?

Sorry, my friend. Your accusation; the burden of proof rests on you.

Cite the equivalent Texas statutes. Cite the equivalent Washington State statutes.

Cite proof that the Spokane County Sheriff does not support the Second Amendment and is not a card-carrying NRA member, and we'll talk.

https://www.spokanecounty.org/1416/Sher ... -Knezovich

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2013022 ... iff-office
Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich allowed NRA Life of Duty TV almost unfettered access so it could reveal how the Charles Wallace incident highlights the dangers of the practice, which increases criminal behavior and endangers everyone.
http://www.kxly.com/news/local-news/spo ... /177058739

Topic author
thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Scott B. wrote:Looks like a Sig Sauer 1911 Spartan. The cool grips are factory.

1911-45-SPARTAN
Well, so it is. See, I learn something new here just about every day. How about that? (Or as the cool kids say now, "how bow dah?" [Google it if you don't know, then you can be cool, too !!])
Skiprr wrote:... Why in the holy goodness of all things would you rail down spite on a 2A-supporting sheriff in a Red county in Washington State?
As for the sheriff's attitude, I did not research him - just saw the one news article originally quoted where he seemed to be (righteously) indignant about being denied entry with his firearm, and I just found that to be ironic. IF he was/is as equally upset and vocal that licensed citizens are prohibited from carry in many places where LEO's are not, then good on him - I wish him great success in getting that situation corrected there. If he gets that done, maybe he can give us some pointers about how we might accomplish a similar thing here in Texas.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to start a fracas. It just caught my eye. It's all good. :cheers2:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

http://www.knezovichreport.com. If any of this is true, he is no friend of anyone but himself.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I wonder if there were any other "on duty" LEOs performing security duties for the event. I've never seen sheriff's deputy's at any Dallas professional sporting events. I've only seen DPD or Arlington PD at Stars or Rangers games. Maybe that's the case up there and they didn't want anyone armed that wasn't contracted to be. It's stupid, but maybe that's their stupid rationale.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

flechero wrote:Welcome, Sheriff, to life in the citizens class!
Did you ever notice how quickly some public servants become outraged when the shoe is on the other foot?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”