"Gun Violence Prevention" lecture in Dallas, March 7th

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Re: "Gun Violence Prevention" lecture in Dallas, March 7th

Post by flechero »

I'm streaming intermittently (bad connection) but the prof. said white gun owners are anger driven and associate crime with black and hispanics, and they look forward to using their guns against minorities. :mad5 :mad5

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having connection problems.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Bitter Clinger »

flechero wrote:I'm streaming intermittently (bad connection) but the prof. said white gun owners are anger driven and associate crime with black and hispanics, and they look forward to using their guns against minorities. :mad5 :mad5
Correct. The Sociologist had the potential to be an impartial purveyor of accurate data, but he failed in that regard. His bias was revealed as the evening progressed.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

They should be taking questions and comments from the audience! :biggrinjester:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Lynyrd wrote:They should be taking questions and comments from the audience! :biggrinjester:
They only accepted written questions which were screened by the moderator.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

OK. Well, Scott Lewis was outnumbered 4:1, including the moderator, the radical left wing rabbi, but he acquitted himself quite well.

The audience was likely >90℅ anti 2A and my first thought was that this did nothing to change anyone's mind, but Lewis presented as a rational, passionate moderate and did a great job of making the case for CHL holders. He refuted some of the most egregious mis-information presented by the ill informed reverand and the data challenged professor, not to mention the biased moderator.

In listening to "after action" comments, many seemed pleasantly surprised by Lewis and I heard more than once (paraphrasing) "I am not a gun person but well if all gun people were like him then I would not be so scared / anti gun". So I think Lewis accomplished as much as he could hope to in what could have been an openly hostile forum. Either he defused them or they decided not to misbehave in Temple.

Anyway, I introduced myself, sent regards from our community (of which he is a member), and no one died of cardiac arrest due to my deeply concealed 9mm Kimber Solo snuggly secured in a pocket holster in my blazer breast pocket along with 2 spare 6 round mags. Thank God!
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

P.S. Security was provided by a uniformed DPD officer!
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

Great reporting! It is very hard to sway a liberal, looks like he may have gotten to a few? In that case, might be a win! Much respect for keeping your cool and not throwing things and macing people like the left do when they get angry!
Also, glad to hear you Kimber behaved, you know those darn things have a minds of their own sometimes!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

I thought Scott Lewis was an articulate guy who represented us very well. And he showed great restraint on not calling out some obvious bull. (He took lots of notes but didn't get a chance to circle back to refute points. )
sent regards from our community (of which he is a member)
Well done, Mr. Lewis!

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

flechero wrote:I'm streaming intermittently (bad connection) but the prof. said white gun owners are anger driven and associate crime with black and hispanics, and they look forward to using their guns against minorities. :mad5 :mad5
Sad, very sad. Patriotism, disciplined thinking, respect for family and the law, a little metal to back your mettle if faced with deadly force - any of that seem like a reason to carry a handgun?

And look forward to a gunfight? Wow. Not me, brother.

My respects to Bitter. It was well and proper guns were in the audience and silently, lawfully did what they were supposed to do. Nothing, since the only threat was a philosophical assault on the foundation of that professor's right to speak his malfunctioning mind.

The armed and law abiding citizen is never a danger.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Correct. The Sociologist had the potential to be an impartial purveyor of accurate data, but he failed in that regard. His bias was revealed as the evening progressed.
The "professor" also made a comment something along the lines of "I can understand having a pistol, but no one needs a semiautomatic weapon that with one pull of the trigger could kill half the people here in this room".

There is nothing dumber than a Ph.D in the liberal.arts.

I checked with my wife when I got home, none of my semiautomatic killing machines got loose and ran rampant through the neighborhood slaughtering innocents. I was frankly quite relieved...
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Would have been interesting if Rabbi David Bendory from Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership could have been on the panel. Would have shown that not all rabbis are on their side.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

jmorris wrote:Would have been interesting if Rabbi David Bendory from Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership could have been on the panel. Would have shown that not all rabbis are on their side.
There is no sincere interest in a fair and honest debate that would present the viewpoint of Jewish gun owners. The Reform Movement are liberals first, Jews second.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:The Reform Movement are liberals first, Jews second.
With Israel somewhere further down their list of concerns.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
jmorris wrote:Would have been interesting if Rabbi David Bendory from Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership could have been on the panel. Would have shown that not all rabbis are on their side.
There is no sincere interest in a fair and honest debate that would present the viewpoint of Jewish gun owners. The Reform Movement are liberals first, Jews second.
Are they different in this aspect than Lutherans, Methodist or Catholics. I see Jews doing more in the name of their people and religion to promote our second amendment than the Methodist who have worked hard to deny patients their rights and prosecute those who dare carry.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”