"Gun Violence Prevention" lecture in Dallas, March 7th

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Wolfgang
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Gun Violence Prevention" lecture in Dallas, March 7th

Post by Wolfgang »

Preventing gun violence?

But...I thought all you needed was a gun free zone with a sign. :headscratch

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

How about preventing vehicle violence????? Between children, adults and terrorists attacks, this seems to be a much bigger issue!! I would love to hear their answers on that!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ammoboy2

Post by ammoboy2 »

I bet it will be posted 3006.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Bitter Clinger wrote: I will wear my Trump 2016 skullcap (don't worry, its in Hebrew, none of the liberals can read it...).
I've tried to find a Hebrew MAGA ballcap without the "Trump"... No luck yet.
I did find one in Russian.... tempting, but, prefer Hebrew.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

This story does not bode well for that synagogue.

http://jhvonline.com/accidental-weapon- ... 245-90.htm

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

rotor wrote:This story does not bode well for that synagogue.

That story is over 8 years old.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I wounder if the building will be properly posted 30.06? :biggrinjester:

Id love to go armed, record the whole thing, and then do a video review / rebuttal of the lies they WILL tell and telling them I was ARMED the whole time, and as always my handgun was non violent, as was I.
Last edited by E.Marquez on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

One would hope the value of arms in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising would not be lost on their moderator, a rabbi.

The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising managed to take out about 300 Nazis. Resistance was stilled when the Nazis started burning buildings, killing about 13,000.

It started when the imprisoned Jewish community became convinced that a relocation program was actually a transfer to Treblinka for extermination, curiously coincident with the Bermuda Conference between the US and Britain, a meeting that ended with no plan to provide shelter for fleeing Jewish immigrants.

Wikipedia quotes Jurgen Stroop, the murderous commander of the Nazis in Warsaw, as he recalled a significant moment, "A young Jew – in his midtwenties I'd guess – was firing a pistol at one of our police officers – one...two...three...fast as lightning. One of the bullets hit the officer's hand. My men sprayed the Jew with fire. I managed to whip out my own pistol and hit him as he fell. As he lay dying, I stood over him, watching his life ebb away."

Two weeks later the uprising was over with the destruction of The Great Synagogue of Warsaw. Stroop performed the abomination and described the moment. "What a marvelous sight it was. A fantastic piece of theater. My staff and I stood at a distance. I held the electrical device which would detonate all the charges simultaneously. Jesuiter called for silence. I glanced over at my brave officers and men, tired and dirty, silhouetted against the glow of the burning buildings. After prolonging the suspense for a moment, I shouted: Heil Hitler and pressed the button."

I don't know history well enough to put it into perspective, other than to know the Nazis at the Warsaw Ghetto represented foul, twisted, terminally sick aspects of human behavior at its most gruesome worst.

Those clamoring to arm themselves against that evil offer a standard of bravery and strength I doubt I could match. Given those circumstances, I can only pray I would do my best.

And so, in the balance of individual rights versus the greater good, of which academia metabolizes much good oxygen into planet-killing CO2, where exactly will the august gun violence panel stand on the question of good, gentle people in confrontation with armed thugs? Lamb lays down with the lion? On his dinner plate, perhaps?

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Oldgringo wrote:I would hope no gun toting loonies show up to make a statement and have their picture taken.
Oh, that would be just great. A bunch of camo-clad cretins with ARs picketing the entrance, and of course, being interviewed by the local TV news as "gun enthusiasts." :roll:
-Ruark

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Ruark wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:I would hope no gun toting loonies show up to make a statement and have their picture taken.
Oh, that would be just great. A bunch of camo-clad cretins with ARs picketing the entrance, and of course, being interviewed by the local TV news as "gun enthusiasts." :roll:

Or "open carry advocates" :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Ruark wrote:
You mean a police tactical team?..... Oh you meant OCT.... "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rotor

Post by rotor »

Pawpaw wrote:

Same Rabbi, same synagogue, negligent discharge, people hurt, does it matter if it was 8 years ago or yesterday? I doubt if the Rabbi moderator will be of an open mind. Also says they have a no gun policy but I don't know if they are properly posted. Did not see them on 30.06.com.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

rotor wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Same Rabbi, same synagogue, negligent discharge, people hurt, does it matter if it was 8 years ago or yesterday? I doubt if the Rabbi moderator will be of an open mind. Also says they have a no gun policy but I don't know if they are properly posted. Did not see them on 30.06.com.
How does an 8 year old event "does not bode well for that synagogue" today?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

rotor

Post by rotor »

Pawpaw wrote:
rotor wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Are you seriously asking me this? Do you think that it matters that it was 8 years ago or yesterday? I don't expect that the Rabbi involved will be unbiased after a concealed carrier (LEO) dropped his firearm, had a ND that 2 people were injured with, the person carrying knew that carry was not allowed. I don't expect that the moderator will have forgotten this "incident" and I don't expect that this will be anything more than a rant about gun violence. Perhaps I am wrong and perhaps this will be "fair and balanced". Perhaps I will be selling my ownership in a bridge in Brooklyn too. Perhaps falling firearms never discharge too.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Bitter Clinger »

rotor wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
rotor wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Are you seriously asking me this? Do you think that it matters that it was 8 years ago or yesterday? I don't expect that the Rabbi involved will be unbiased after a concealed carrier (LEO) dropped his firearm, had a ND that 2 people were injured with, the person carrying knew that carry was not allowed. I don't expect that the moderator will have forgotten this "incident" and I don't expect that this will be anything more than a rant about gun violence. Perhaps I am wrong and perhaps this will be "fair and balanced". Perhaps I will be selling my ownership in a bridge in Brooklyn too. Perhaps falling firearms never discharge too.
Guys,

It is actually of little or no matter. That ND is trivial compared to the over-arching far left philosophy of the Reform Movement. The Rabbi is a radical leftist and a very clever and highly influential person. His talent in herding the sheeple is frightening. He belongs to anti-Israel groups (!) and spins it such that he appears to be pro-Israel. He hosted Obama here in Dallas to celebrate the unAffordable Care Act and he preaches that all of us are racists. I have vowed never to set foot in that place again (BTW, last time I did it was posted 30.07 only) but really am tempted to go to this event to support the one pro 2A member of the panel. Any chance you and other forum members might join me?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”