"Gun Violence Prevention" lecture in Dallas, March 7th

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Gun Violence Prevention" lecture in Dallas, March 7th

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Guys,

It is actually of little or no matter. That ND is trivial compared to the over-arching far left philosophy of the Reform Movement. The Rabbi is a radical leftist and a very clever and highly influential person. His talent in herding the sheeple is frightening. He belongs to anti-Israel groups (!) and spins it such that he appears to be pro-Israel. He hosted Obama here in Dallas to celebrate the unAffordable Care Act and he preaches that all of us are racists. I have vowed never to set foot in that place again (BTW, last time I did it was posted 30.07 only) but really am tempted to go to this event to support the one pro 2A member of the panel. Any chance you and other forum members might join me?
Man, I'd be tempted to go with you, but I already have a church engagement that night, right at the same time.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

It appears that they will stream the event on their website. tedallas.org if I hear differently, I'll post it.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Just a reminder, these libtards will stage their event next week. Here is the latest posting, just to make your blood boil:
Gun Violence Reduction – Education and Advocacy
In 2013, our clergy took the lead in delivering a strong statement of sympathy for the victims of the Newtown tragedy and expressed solidarity with the then-growing movement among faith institutions to advocate for sensible gun violence regulation. At its March 2013 meeting, the Board of Trustees thoughtfully discussed and approved the Social Justice Council’s advocacy proposal regarding Gun Violence Prevention.

Temple’s advocacy position is deeply rooted in Jewish values, and is firmly in the mainstream of current Jewish thinking on the issue of reducing gun violence. Temple joins other faith based organizations, including the Religious Action Center for Reform Judaism and the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, as well as organizations representing numerous other faiths, in calling for sensible legislation that will help reduce gun violence. Our position reflects the belief that we have a genuine opportunity to influence public policy in regard to:

• Universal, meaningful background checks
• A ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
• Improved access to mental health services

You can read the entire proposal here: https://www.tedallas.org/_uploads/Advoc ... _26_12.pdf

The Social Justice Council will be communicating advocacy opportunities and hosting educational programs about the relevant issues related to gun violence.

UPCOMING EVENTS
Henry D. Schlinger Ethics Symposium
GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION
Individual Rights vs. Community Responsibility
March 7, 2017 | 7pm| Stern Chapel
Panelists: Andrea Brauer, executive director of Texas Gun Sense; W. Scott Lewis, Policy Advisor/Gun Rights advocate and advisor; Rev. Edwin Robinson, director of Faith in Texas; Professor Robert L. Young, professor of Sociology at UT Arlington; Moderator: Rabbi David Stern
I am planning to be there for when they go after Lewis. I am certain that there wil be some bad behavior! :mad5
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

In 2013, our clergy took the lead in delivering a strong statement of sympathy for the victims of the Newtown tragedy and expressed solidarity with the then-growing movement among faith institutions to advocate for sensible gun violence regulation.
"Gun violence regulation"?? Are they going to start licensing mayhem?

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

treadlightly wrote:
In 2013, our clergy took the lead in delivering a strong statement of sympathy for the victims of the Newtown tragedy and expressed solidarity with the then-growing movement among faith institutions to advocate for sensible gun violence regulation.
"Gun violence regulation"?? Are they going to start licensing mayhem?
:smilelol5:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

This year's panel of distinguished speakers will explore the tensions between individual rights and community responsibility in the charged area of preventing gun violence.
Their assumptions seem flawed. There is no individual right to theft or rape. The community responsibility (if anything) is to protect the community from predators, not to aid and abet the predators. Gun violence that stops predation should be encouraged, not prevented.
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

All of these left wing libtards have the same message which includes mental health reform. The only problem is they never address mental health reform, extol the virtue of providing mental health clinics, or anything else regarding mental health. Their whole objective is to demonize guns, starting with semi auto rifles, and then move to anything that is not a "hunting" rifle, because they believe "hunting" is the only logical reason anyone would want to have a gun. While simultaneously decrying "hunting" as inhumane.

I'm just appalled that this is taking place in a Jewish Synagogue after everything Jews have endured by being disarmed. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

"Gun violence" is buying into their narrative.

Mass shootings account for a very small percentage of deaths where one person purposely and unlawfully shoots another person. The vast majority are ghetto shootings among criminals.

It is like the NRA commercial... if the feds would go out round up every drug dealer with a gun, gang member with a gun, and felon with a gun, the prisons would be overflowing. But they just won't do it.

Trump could do this with one phone call.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Jusme wrote: I'm just appalled that this is taking place in a Jewish Synagogue after everything Jews have endured by being disarmed. JMHO
It helps to put their mentality in context if you think "Upper Eastside metrosexual"...
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

While I would like to attend in order to show support for our side of this debate, I know my personal limits on what I can take. This sounds like it is very specifically set up to be a liberal echo chamber and an ambush for the one pro-gun guest, and that is well outside of my limits.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Just a reminder, don't miss the fun in Dallas tomorrow night!
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I'll have to abstain this go round, very few things get me into Dallas anymore, and going there to get my blood pressure up, isn't a good enough reason.
Let us know how it goes.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Well, I am at the event, sitting in front row, several libtards just walked in wearing "Mom's Demand Action" tee shirts, I almost vomited. There was a 30.07 on front door, I am CC :evil2:
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

Bitter clinger- looking forward to a full debrief!!! THanks for going!

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

flechero wrote:Bitter clinger- looking forward to a full debrief!!! THanks for going!
Most egregious and dishonest comments so far come from Rev. Edwin Robinson. He tried to make the case that CC should be illegal inside Dallas city limits because CC leads to everyone being armed and that is very unsafe. He stated that CC makes police extremely uneasy and that CC raises the risk that as a black man he will suffer at the hands of the police, especially during a traffic stop, since the police now fear that every driver is armed. Took everything I had not to speak out. He is obviously completely uneducated and speaking without any concern for facts, data, or the truth.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”