Bad News Folks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bad News Folks

Post by Abraham »

Military weapons as in AR's, bolt action Mausers, trapdoor single shots and on, and on, and on back into firearms history, most gun designs were once military...silly argument, plus many other inventions that benefit mankind came about as a result of war. Should we ban those too, given their provenance...?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wasn't it in one of those states where the AG tried to ban certain weapons, or cancel reciprocity or something like that, and the legislature threatened to defund the AG's personal protection detail, so the AG changed his/her mind?
Virginia, Gov. Terry McAuliffe

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12 ... spute.html
Thank you, yes, that's the one!! (I had a sneaking suspicion it was McAuliffe, but didn't have time at that moment to do the research.) Anyway, it is hard for me to imagine that the same legislature that would do that to McAuliffe would also allow any VA state or local LEO to act on the court's ruling in a Maryland case.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

KLB

Post by KLB »

It is possible the Trump administration may try to out maneuver the Fouth Circuit ruling with an executive order designating AR-15-like weapons of American manufacture as "authorized and appropriate for individual citizens to keep and bear for Militia purposes under the Constitution and the laws of the United States.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... -purposes/

Let's all buy popcorn and watch the Lefties have public conniption fits.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

KLB wrote:It is possible the Trump administration may try to out maneuver the Fouth Circuit ruling with an executive order designating AR-15-like weapons of American manufacture as "authorized and appropriate for individual citizens to keep and bear for Militia purposes under the Constitution and the laws of the United States.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... -purposes/

Let's all buy popcorn and watch the Lefties have public conniption fits.
It's good. Section 3. Definitions reads "(d) “State” shall mean one of the fifty States of the United States." should read (d) “State” shall mean one of the fifty States and Territories (i.e. Guam, Porta Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.) of the United States.

growlerVII

Post by growlerVII »

Jusme wrote:This flies directly in the face of the Miller decision, which said that since short barreled shotguns, had no use as a Military weapon they were not protected. If they have decided that the AR 15, is a military weapon, how can they claim it is not protected?
I have completely given up on circuit court decisions. They will never meet scrutiny under SCOTUS.

I don't worry about Texas, the Governor has already issued his edict, to " Come and Take It"
This!! Every time we turn around they're moving the goalposts. I've completely lost all faith in our judicial system.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”