Outstanding! AR15--3---Invading Thugs 0

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Outstanding! AR15--3---Invading Thugs 0

Post by dlh »

Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Outstanding! AR15--3---Invading Thugs 0

Post by bblhd672 »

AR-15, when a 1911 isn't enough firepower.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KLB »

"This is very, very unusual for us [in Wagoner County]," Mahoney told the Tulsa World. "It's not something we're used to."

Most likely because lots of homeowners there are armed, and few of the would-be criminals are foolish enough to try what these guys tried.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Impossible! The drive-by media insists that the AR-15 is only useful in killing as many innocents as possible and cannot be used to hunt, for sport, or for SD/HD.

Good job, three less burglars in the world.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

"The homeowner's son volunteered to give a statement at the sheriff's office"

Did he have an attorney present? Who knows.

For me, I think I would ask for an attorney to be present when speaking with investigators. This is to critical to leave to my over stressed mind.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

KLB wrote:"This is very, very unusual for us [in Wagoner County]," Mahoney told the Tulsa World. "It's not something we're used to."

Most likely because lots of homeowners there are armed, and few of the would-be criminals are foolish enough to try what these guys tried.
Seriously - I'm surprised it' not happening more - if you hop onto Google Maps and take a ride around the area, nice, big homes, spread out on rather large lots - some neighbors are even out of sight of each other. Inviting neighborhood that looks like it'd have lots of expensive goodies just waiting to get snatched right up and taken to the dopeman, yessiree. But they chose poorly, as the knight from the Indiana Jones movie would say.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I must respectfully disagree with the thread headline. The AR15 did nothing, are we starting to accept the liberal assumption that firearms can actually do something? Firearms are only a tool. A tool of recreation, a tool of hunting, a tool of self-defense or a tool that a perp uses to aid in an illegal act. The tool will simply occupy the space that it has been put in by the operator of the tool. Next we will be calling an AR15 an "assault weapon" ( Can you imagine something that silly?). So the thread headline should say something like "Resident--3---Invading Thugs 0".
Just saying.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AJSully421 wrote:Impossible! The drive-by media insists that the AR-15 is only useful in killing as many innocents as possible and cannot be used to hunt, for sport, or for SD/HD.

Good job, three less burglars in the world.
The drive-by media would argue it this way......... all people are innocent until proven guilty. The alleged home invaders never actually stole anything, so they are innocent. And we only have the word of a gun owner, who should not be believed. The three murdered men were all good people what never did no harm to nobody.....and they were denied their day in court to defend themselves from the scurrilous charges made by this privileged teenager, armed with his weapon of war.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

twomillenium wrote:I must respectfully disagree with the thread headline. The AR15 did nothing, are we starting to accept the liberal assumption that firearms can actually do something? Firearms are only a tool. A tool of recreation, a tool of hunting, a tool of self-defense or a tool that a perp uses to aid in an illegal act. The tool will simply occupy the space that it has been put in by the operator of the tool. Next we will be calling an AR15 an "assault weapon" ( Can you imagine something that silly?). So the thread headline should say something like "Resident--3---Invading Thugs 0".
Just saying.

:iagree:

The AR 15 was no more a culprit, or hero, than the crowbar, or what ever other tool the burglars used, to enter the house illegally, was guilty of committing a crime.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

No doubt the Bloomberg / MDA crowd will add these 3 to the number of "senseless gun deaths"...... :banghead:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:No doubt the Bloomberg / MDA crowd will add these 3 to the number of "senseless gun deaths"...... :banghead:
And declare it a "mass shooting" to be exploited for their purposes.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:No doubt the Bloomberg / MDA crowd will add these 3 to the number of "senseless gun deaths"...... :banghead:
And declare it a "mass shooting" to be exploited for their purposes.
Yet another mass shooting of our promising teenage youths where the "killer" used an evil assault rifle. Accompanied by 8 year old pictures of the dead burglars in their Sunday school outfits. Maybe they can dredge Obama or Hillary out of retirement to talk about how the dead kids look like they could be their sons. Then a mass protest by the dems in Congress wearing black clothes and talking about how they are ______ (insert name of burglar).

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Pants Up Don’t Loot!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I do not have a link available, but I had read elsewhere that the young woman
who was their driver had called the LEO's to tell them she knew something about
this incident.

Upon questioning her, the LEO's determined that she had driven the 3 burglars
to the house, where they intended to burglarize it. She is now arrested and charged
with murder since deaths occurred and she was part of the criminal enterprise.

IIRC, the burglars ranged in age from about 16 to 19, wore all black, had gloves on,
and carried at least 1 knife and brass knuckles.

The other report I reference said that the adult son was 23. The OP's link said he was 19.

2 were found dead in the home's kitchen. One made it to the driveway before expiring.

YMMV.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:I do not have a link available, but I had read elsewhere that the young woman
who was their driver had called the LEO's to tell them she knew something about
this incident.

Upon questioning her, the LEO's determined that she had driven the 3 burglars
to the house, where they intended to burglarize it. She is now arrested and charged
with murder since deaths occurred and she was part of the criminal enterprise.

IIRC, the burglars ranged in age from about 16 to 19, wore all black, had gloves on,
and carried at least 1 knife and brass knuckles.

The other report I reference said that the adult son was 23. The OP's link said he was 19.

2 were found dead in the home's kitchen. One made it to the driveway before expiring.

YMMV.

SIA
http://okcfox.com/news/local/wagoner-co ... arrow-area

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”