Airport Law

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Airport Law

Post by RossA »

In limbo right now. Her lawyer says he expects the charges to be dismissed, but nothing has happened yet.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

....and now y'all know why I vigorously discourage "purse carry"
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I had something very similar happen to me. I took my small carry-on sized bag on a weekend trip to my BIL's house in Dallas. While there, he asked to borrow my car (I had him boxed in), so I walked out with him and grabbed my J frame from the door pocket since he isn't a huge fan of guns. Put it in my pocket. We left later that same day, and as I was packing up I slipped the J frame into my duffel, but I unloaded it first on the off chance that the hammer got snagged while inside the bag, etc. Ammo and gun went into different small inside pockets of the bag.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I am flying out to Vegas to meet up with some college buddies. Flight there is uneventful. As I am going through security on the way home, the guy manning the machine stops the belt and calls a supervisor over. After a minute, he points me out, and she approaches me and says "sir, do you own a gun?"

Luckily I wasn't stupid enough to have left the gun in my bag, just the ammo. I'm not sure about Nevada laws but I'm thinking this could have been bad if my revolver was in there. As it was, they just confiscated the bullets and I was on my way. I now triple check that all bags are completely empty before I start packing for any trip. It was also interesting that the crack TSA team at IAH somehow missed 5 rounds of 38 special ammo on the monitor.

loktite

Post by loktite »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: It was also interesting that the crack TSA team at IAH somehow missed 5 rounds of 38 special ammo on the monitor.
Maybe they thought they were suppositories :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I had something very similar happen to me. I took my small carry-on sized bag on a weekend trip to my BIL's house in Dallas. While there, he asked to borrow my car (I had him boxed in), so I walked out with him and grabbed my J frame from the door pocket since he isn't a huge fan of guns. Put it in my pocket. We left later that same day, and as I was packing up I slipped the J frame into my duffel, but I unloaded it first on the off chance that the hammer got snagged while inside the bag, etc. Ammo and gun went into different small inside pockets of the bag.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I am flying out to Vegas to meet up with some college buddies. Flight there is uneventful. As I am going through security on the way home, the guy manning the machine stops the belt and calls a supervisor over. After a minute, he points me out, and she approaches me and says "sir, do you own a gun?"

Luckily I wasn't stupid enough to have left the gun in my bag, just the ammo. I'm not sure about Nevada laws but I'm thinking this could have been bad if my revolver was in there. As it was, they just confiscated the bullets and I was on my way. I now triple check that all bags are completely empty before I start packing for any trip. It was also interesting that the crack TSA team at IAH somehow missed 5 rounds of 38 special ammo on the monitor.
Did you get kicked out of TSA pre-check? Assuming you were in it. I did... :oops:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ScottDLS wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I had something very similar happen to me. I took my small carry-on sized bag on a weekend trip to my BIL's house in Dallas. While there, he asked to borrow my car (I had him boxed in), so I walked out with him and grabbed my J frame from the door pocket since he isn't a huge fan of guns. Put it in my pocket. We left later that same day, and as I was packing up I slipped the J frame into my duffel, but I unloaded it first on the off chance that the hammer got snagged while inside the bag, etc. Ammo and gun went into different small inside pockets of the bag.

Did you get kicked out of TSA pre-check? Assuming you were in it. I did... :oops:
Nope. They didn't even take down my name. I probably just got lucky on that front.

Of course, after the NSA traces this post to my IP address, and then unmasks my name, I'll likely be getting a letter. Oh wait, Susan Rice is not in charge of that area anymore, so I'm probably OK.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”