CA: California man who had 541 guns seized by DOJ gets them all returned to his family

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

CA: California man who had 541 guns seized by DOJ gets them all returned to his family

Post by bblhd672 »

California man who had 541 guns seized by DOJ gets them all returned to his family
http://www.guns.com/2017/04/04/californ ... is-family/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Re: CA: California man who had 541 guns seized by DOJ gets them all returned to his family

Post by C-dub »

He's lucky they hadn't destroyed them or "lost" them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Re: CA: California man who had 541 guns seized by DOJ gets them all returned to his family

Post by puma guy »

I wonder how much the man spent in legal fees for the shakedown perpetrated by the worthless politicians to get his weapons back. They don't mention the ammunition and magazines; whether it's because they weren't returned or just bad reporting. I'd be interested in knowing.

Here's some additional information on the case. The owner was given notice that his property was to be returned, but agents refused to do so.
On July 12, 2016, according to Coleman’s motion, the DOJ notified Sheakalee that charges against him were resolved, and he was told to contact DOJ Agent Chris Wagner to arrange for the disposition of the firearms. He was given 180 days to do so. The letter, signed by Special Agent Michael Haroldsen, also noted that “all evidence, (all personal property, including firearms) relating to your criminal case will be destroyed” if no response was received.

Coleman said several efforts were made to reach Wagner before Wagner responded and said that he could not release the guns until he contacted his supervisor, DOJ Agent Isaias Rivera. Coleman said when he contacted Rivera, he was told the weapons would not be returned. (The guns were returned this year.)

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/cri ... rylink=cpy
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Maybe they should just call them the Department. There doesn't seem to be much justice being done.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Liberty wrote:Maybe they should just call them the Department. There doesn't seem to be much justice being done.

Gestapo has already been used.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This really sucks and sends a clear message to anyone thinking about getting psychological help. Especially in a place like California.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:I wonder how much the man spent in legal fees for the shakedown perpetrated by the worthless politicians to get his weapons back. They don't mention the ammunition and magazines; whether it's because they weren't returned or just bad reporting. I'd be interested in knowing.

Here's some additional information on the case. The owner was given notice that his property was to be returned, but agents refused to do so.
On July 12, 2016, according to Coleman’s motion, the DOJ notified Sheakalee that charges against him were resolved, and he was told to contact DOJ Agent Chris Wagner to arrange for the disposition of the firearms. He was given 180 days to do so. The letter, signed by Special Agent Michael Haroldsen, also noted that “all evidence, (all personal property, including firearms) relating to your criminal case will be destroyed” if no response was received.

Coleman said several efforts were made to reach Wagner before Wagner responded and said that he could not release the guns until he contacted his supervisor, DOJ Agent Isaias Rivera. Coleman said when he contacted Rivera, he was told the weapons would not be returned. (The guns were returned this year.)

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/cri ... rylink=cpy
Until they are held personally responsible for their actions, this type of illegal and outrageous behavior with continue to occur. :rules: :smash:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”