Rotary has adopted policies hostile to firearms

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rotary has adopted policies hostile to firearms

Post by Keith B »

Jago668 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:This may come as a bit of a shock but I think most, if not all, mainstream Christian denominations denounce guns in their official policies. The Rotarians are not alone in this stance.
I know the Methodist church does.
And I have talked to several senior pastors, including mine, who are all perfectly fine with concealed carry in the church.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote:This may come as a bit of a shock but I think most, if not all, mainstream Christian denominations denounce guns in their official policies. The Rotarians are not alone in this stance.
It doesn't come as a bit of a shock you think that. I know not all mainstream Christian denominations denounce guns in their official policies. However, I do not know if most do or do not as I am pretty much just concerned with mine. Thankfully my denomination isn't one ran by central management or from afar. Our denomination leaves such decisions up to the local church.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Rotary is an International Organization.
I don't imagine that this new policy will effect clubs in many, if not any other, countries.
NRA Endowment Member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

When you hear Catholic priests and bishops spouting antigun rhetoric it is their personal opinion not that of the Church and is not binding on us lay folks.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Keith B wrote:
Jago668 wrote:
I know the Methodist church does.
And I have talked to several senior pastors, including mine, who are all perfectly fine with concealed carry in the church.
I don't doubt that, but the central authority still calls for individual churches to ban guns from their premises. Calls for universal background checks, bans on large capacity magazines, ratifying the UN small arms treaty, etc They also support other groups that call for similar things. I called and told the church where I grew up that I didn't wish to be considered a member anymore because of the the stance of the larger UMC organization. I no longer give money to them either since a part of donations were sent on and went to support an anti-gun organization.
NRA Benefactor Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:
It doesn't come as a bit of a shock you think that. I know not all mainstream Christian denominations denounce guns in their official policies. However, I do not know if most do or do not as I am pretty much just concerned with mine. Thankfully my denomination isn't one ran by central management or from afar. Our denomination leaves such decisions up to the local church.
What I think is neither the point nor relevant to much of anything.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote: What I think is neither the point nor relevant to much of anything.
I agree. However, you did bring it up.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote: What I think is neither the point nor relevant to much of anything.
I agree. However, you did bring it up.
:roll:

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

dang it, my wife already paid the renewal for the flag fee.
Not a huge deal but a second flag to go along w our 'Back the Blue' flag is nice. Guess I'll hang another bracket.
:txflag: :patriot:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Being a part of an organization, whose mission statement, if you will, anti-2nd amendment.

Perhaps, you should tell them you're leaving unless they change their un-American way...

I'm lucky, I don't participate in these organizations...but I'm not religious, make them listen or not, it's up to you....

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”