Erosion of Nevada Castle Doctrine

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Erosion of Nevada Castle Doctrine

Post by KLB »

https://2anews.us/defense/2017/04/04/ne ... e-victims/

The article is more alarmist than it should be, as is typical of organizations (left or right) subsisting on donations. Even so, the proposed bill is a bad idea. I know nothing of Navada politics, so I can't speculate on the chances of passage.

Pawpaw

Re: Erosion of Nevada Castle Doctrine

Post by Pawpaw »

This is where Republicans repeatedly fall on their faces in a slobbering pool. What they should do is go on the offensive, demanding to know why those Dimocrats are "pro criminal" and why they are so willing to sell honest citizens down the river.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

For now at least, the picture accompanying such an article in Texas would appear slightly different:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

If the erosion (a euphemism if ever I heard one) of the Nevada Castle Doctrine is what it appears to be than the only thing I can conclude is criminals now have their own lobbyists...wait, yes, they've always had them, but perhaps not this bald...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:This is where Republicans repeatedly fall on their faces in a slobbering pool. What they should do is go on the offensive, demanding to know why those Dimocrats are "pro criminal" and why they are so willing to sell honest citizens down the river.
Bazinga! Furthermore, any republican who asks why it is necessary for them to go on the offensive should be asked (A) do you like your job; (B) do you want to keep it; and (C) when did you start working for the DNC?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

I'm surprised there's not more attention to this proposed bill or is it some sort of hoax?

Please tell me it's actually a hoax as even the most liberal of liberals wouldn't promote such a pro-criminal, anti-citizen bill of this colossal stupidity!

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I just spent a good 10 minutes trying to determine if this is legitimate. Regardless, it's a very poorly written article. It would have a little more credibility if they'd mention which specific bill they are writing about.
NRA lifetime member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote:I'm surprised there's not more attention to this proposed bill or is it some sort of hoax?

Please tell me it's actually a hoax as even the most liberal of liberals wouldn't promote such a pro-criminal, anti-citizen bill of this colossal stupidity!

I am not surprised. Most liberals feel that criminals are victims of society, and, as such, should be afforded extra protections under the law.

You will notice that every time someone is shot, or killed in self defense, the bottom dwellers come out of the woodwork to defend the poor unfortunate, criminal. We have had bills proposed in Texas along these same lines, one would have effectively destroyed the Castle Doctrine here, and reinstated a requirement to retreat in one's own home.

Just like the grandfather of the armed burglars in Oklahoma, the armed robber shot in a pizza place, and any others. They have no conception of right and wrong, or even sympathy for those beaten, robbed, or raped, at the hands of criminals, they want to deflect responsibility to someone else.

This bill is just a way for the criminal's family, to try to get rich from their devil spawn's misdeeds. Hopefully, the good folks of Nevada will reject this bill.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:If the erosion (a euphemism if ever I heard one) of the Nevada Castle Doctrine is what it appears to be than the only thing I can conclude is criminals now have their own lobbyists...wait, yes, they've always had them, but perhaps not this bald...
Criminals don't need lobbyists. They have Democratic law makers firmly in their pockets, and will keep them there as long as the criminals continue to vote Democratic. Like the Virginia Governor who decided to restore voting rights to felons just in time for the last election.

doncb

Post by doncb »

If it were to pass I guess the only solution would be to make sure the criminal reaches ambient temperature. Of course you would probably have to deal with the family of the darling angel that never did any thing wrong. (Even though his rap sheet is 3 feet long.)

To me "duty to retreat" means stepping back a few feet to get a better aiming position. :lol:
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”