Houston Chronicle editorial section

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MegaWatt
Posts in topic: 1

Houston Chronicle editorial section

Post by MegaWatt »

Have you seen today's Houston Chronicle? 3 full pages of anti-gun bull! We need to start a letter writing campaign! I used to have letters published pretty regular but it seems in the last year the paper has swung so far left they only publish liberal bull. One out of ten is a conservative opinion. It's even in the Business section It's never been a good paper but it's really gotten worst in the last year. What a bunch of commies!
MegaWatt

NRA Endowment Life
TSRA Life
IHMSA
IDPA

Colt - The original "Point and Click" device.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Houston Chronicle editorial section

Post by Abraham »

When they go belly-up, I'm gonna laugh and laugh and laugh.

The Houston Barnacle - The MSNBC of crappy newspapers.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

MegaWatt wrote:Have you seen today's Houston Chronicle? 3 full pages of anti-gun bull! We need to start a letter writing campaign! I used to have letters published pretty regular but it seems in the last year the paper has swung so far left they only publish liberal bull. One out of ten is a conservative opinion. It's even in the Business section It's never been a good paper but it's really gotten worst in the last year. What a bunch of commies!
Who cares?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Who cares?
This! :iagree:
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

The only people I eve see reading the paper is the guys on the corners on the weekends who are selling them.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

The Houston Chronicle is a great paper --------- for the bottom of the birdcage.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

In the old days I would pick up a paper for lunch at those news boxes on street corners. A paper was 25 cents. Clinton was president and usually ever day he would do something stupid. I would come up to the two newspaper vending boxes and read the headlines. Houston Chronical would have a headline "Clinton is great" Houston Post would say "Clinton is a hero". I would pick the Chronical because it was thicker.

I always wondered if the bosses at the Post ever thought about writing the truth about Clinton, just to save the paper and their jobs. They never did and they went out of business a few years later.

Now the Chronical is thinner than the Post ever was. I read my phone at lunch.

Miss the reading the paper. It's $2 now. Now I get " Trump is stupid we miss Obama" headlines from the likes of the NY Times LA Times CNN and Washington Post.

Apparently you can't fix liberal.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...and it's demise is soon..

Shafty

Post by Shafty »

There's a reason (several of them, in fact) why it is often derisively referred-to as the "Comical" here.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I buy a newspaper every time I BBQ. Makes a decent fire starter for those who don't like using lighter fluid.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Shafty wrote:There's a reason (several of them, in fact) why it is often derisively referred-to as the "Comical" here.
Ah, yes. I remember the days when our choices were the comical, the compost, and the alternative paper that printed Matt Groening's strip. ;-)

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Liberal opinions without counterpoints was one reason I dropped the paper last year. They give support too much of liberal ideas in the editorial pages. It was good general news for business discussions but became too biased and too expensive.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I buy a newpaper almost every Sunday......for the crossword, the sudoku, and the cryptoquip. :thumbs2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Every so often, on some week-end, I hand a $20.00 bill to a guy standing in miserable weather (hot or cold) at some obscure intersection, trying to sell the Barnacle.

He isn't begging. He's trying to make a hard earned, small buck... I say he, as I've never seen a woman selling newspapers at an intersection.

When I hand him the money, I tell him in a courteous and friendly manner: Please, keep the paper.

The paltry amount of money I extend isn't for him so much as for me. I'm no altruist. I do it because it makes me feel good for a moment and doesn't cost much. The looks I get gladden my hard old heart.

Doing random act of kindness is fun.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”