Cracker Barrel bans guns?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Cracker Barrel bans guns?

Post by bblhd672 »

Saw a thread on Shooting Gallery Fort Worth's Facebook page about the Cracker Barrel having a corporate policy of not allowing firearms in their stores, however they do not wish to post the appropriate signage.
I searched the forum for "Cracker Barrel" and didn't' find any previous threads about anyone on this forum having been asked to leave a CB because they were carrying. I did see a post where someone reported seeing an open carrying person in a CB location.

There is this about a location in GA asking an open carrying customer to leave:
http://www.westernjournalism.com/cracke ... un-policy/

I've reached out to Cracker Barrel corporate asking what their policy is concerning customers who are legally carrying firearms in their stores.
Don't see any locations posted on Texas3006 website/app.
Anyone have any experience to share?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cracker Barrel bans guns?

Post by canvasbck »

I have OC'd in CB, have seen one other OC in CB ( I may be the poster you are referring to). I have been to several CB locations while OCing and CCing with no issues.

I would be severely disappointed if their stance has changed because my wife loves CB.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

canvasbck wrote:I have OC'd in CB, have seen one other OC in CB ( I may be the poster you are referring to). I have been to several CB locations while OCing and CCing with no issues.

I would be severely disappointed if their stance has changed because my wife loves CB.
My wife and I "reconnected" after 30 years of not seeing each other at a Cracker Barrel, so it's sentimental to us. But if they are anti-gun I won't be spending any more of my money there.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

How does CB compare to Denny's.

I've never been in one.

I like the food at Denny's, but their coffee is just awful.

Or it was.

I haven't been in one in years.

My coffee is superior, almost espresso strong...

My cooking, not so much as just plain adequate and barely so...

Wait, I tried to go in a CB many years ago, but it was so crowded with a crowd waiting, we just turned around.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Abraham wrote:How does CB compare to Denny's.

I've never been in one.

I like the food at Denny's, but their coffee is just awful.

Or it was.

I haven't been in one in years.

My coffee is superior, almost espresso strong...

My cooking, not so much as just plain adequate and barely so...

Wait, I tried to go in a CB many years ago, but it was so crowded with a crowd waiting, we just turned around.

I think CB food is better than Denny's, but somewhat more expensive. Not sure about the coffee, but yes Denny's is awful...
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

CB used to be good, until they quit homemade and started using almost everything out of the can or freezer.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

CB is superior to Dennys in almost ever way except not being open 24/7. Yeah they tend to be crowded, but that usually say something good about the place, that people are willing to wait for the food.

I will agree that they aren't as good as they once were, but still better then Denny's at any point I've ever been to one. Not knocking Denny's - I lived in Denny's during my college days - either ending a good night drinking or late night studying.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I did not like CB meals, I prefer IHOP. Great omelets.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

:iagree: Absolutely.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If we're talking breakfast, my favorite is Waffle House.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I have OC at the CB in Burleson and last month in Conroe, no one said a word. I just wonder if someone put the info out to appease folks at MDA and their ilk. If someone was asked to leave in Georgia, there may have been other extenuating circumstances. Until there is more info, I'm going to withhold any negative comments. Reports on Facebook, to me, are often very suspect. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I've carrired openly at Cracker Barrels in Texas and OK without incident.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I've conceal carried in Cracker Barrels on several occasions. Other than having to mind your sitting position (they have the old straight back chairs with the slats that can sometimes hook the grip of your pistol), I've never had any problems nor seen any signs. The food is ok. East and south of Houston, a MUCH better option is Kelly's Country Cookin. Great food and a whole lot of it! Plus friendly service to boot.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

KHickam

Post by KHickam »

I open carry at the CB in Waco - several times.
"Be strong, be of good courage, God Bless America, Long live the Republic." SootchOO

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphertext »

bblhd672 wrote: I've reached out to Cracker Barrel corporate asking what their policy is concerning customers who are legally carrying firearms in their stores.
Why would you do this? If they don't post, then you are legal to carry. Doesn't matter what their "policy" is if they don't post, especially when it comes to CC... :headscratch

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”