Turmoil in antigun groups

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Turmoil in antigun groups

Post by rtschl »

Not that it bothers me... but a certain well known anti 2A leader is apparently a nightmare to work with and some staff are quitting. See here.

My favorite quote: “Two beliefs unite nearly all gun control supporters: background checks save lives, and Shannon Watts is a self-promoting tyrant.” (Emphasis mine - this source admits they are all about gun control). But a pretty strong statement of disgust for one of their own leaders.

Edited to correct grammar.
Ron
NRA Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Turmoil in antigun groups

Post by Jusme »

:cryin :cryin

That breaks my heart that they can't seem to get along.

I find it funny that one staffer was fired immediately after the election.

Now they are bringing in BHO advisers, since he was so instrumental in getting anti gun legislation passed. :mrgreen:

They just keep doubling down on stupid.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Good.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I may be the only one that thinks this way but I find it amazing that the anti-gun groups remain as dedicated as they are, given the breadth and quantity of their losses. They have a lot of tenacity. And despite the divisions, some of them bitter, the entire Liberal group seems very dedicated. Conservatives and perhaps Libertarians start eating one another over their disagreements. When it comes to the business at hand, they "seem" a lot more steadfast than we are.

It is a good thing that they are trying to champion very flawed arguments. While it is tempting to snicker at the opposition when it appears to be in disarray, don't be surprised if suddenly put their differences aside and re-attack. Most of the ones that I've talked to are zealots. They might intensely dislike each other but they hate gun rights advocates and all that we stand for. My impression is that the hatred goes far deeper than gun issues.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

chasfm11 wrote:I may be the only one that thinks this way but I find it amazing that the anti-gun groups remain as dedicated as they are, given the breadth and quantity of their losses. They have a lot of tenacity. And despite the divisions, some of them bitter, the entire Liberal group seems very dedicated. Conservatives and perhaps Libertarians start eating one another over their disagreements. When it comes to the business at hand, they "seem" a lot more steadfast than we are.

It is a good thing that they are trying to champion very flawed arguments. While it is tempting to snicker at the opposition when it appears to be in disarray, don't be surprised if suddenly put their differences aside and re-attack. Most of the ones that I've talked to are zealots. They might intensely dislike each other but they hate gun rights advocates and all that we stand for. My impression is that the hatred goes far deeper than gun issues.

:iagree:

They are, for the most part, very determined, and we should never let down our guard against their propoganda, and lies. Fortunately, their record for gun control legislation, with exceptions in already gun restrictive areas has been very poor at best.
Their message is losing it's audience, as more people realise that an armed society, is a safer society. People are starting to see the fallacy of gun control laws, especially in areas with the most restrictive laws, that see an increase in criminals with guns.

The fact that they are squabbling within, is a good sign, but they have the backing of billionaires Bloomberg and Soros, so they do have money to spend on anti gun candidates. As long as we continue to fight for our rights, and vote for those who want to preserve them, we can defeat them, because continued defeat will take away their willingness to fight. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

chasfm11 wrote:I may be the only one that thinks this way but I find it amazing that the anti-gun groups remain as dedicated as they are, given the breadth and quantity of their losses. They have a lot of tenacity. And despite the divisions, some of them bitter, the entire Liberal group seems very dedicated. Conservatives and perhaps Libertarians start eating one another over their disagreements. When it comes to the business at hand, they "seem" a lot more steadfast than we are.

The anti-gun people are driven from the top down. The NRA and gun people are for the most part truly grass roots. The NRA folks aren't career oriented. The Angry mom bunch at the top seem to be mostly poilitical paid careerist. The angry mom group claims 3 Million members. I don't know where these people come from, but I would bet they aren't dues paying devoted members. Even the financing for the NRA comes from hundreds of businesses and millions of members. The angry mommies get their mony mostly from Soros, and Bloomberg. Very little from the grass roots.

The angry mommies tend to speak as one because they behave and speak what the leadership dictates. Us gun people tend to speak for ourselves.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Biscuits in a can.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”