Ft. Worth Gun Buyback

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
justiceburger
Posts in topic: 1

Ft. Worth Gun Buyback

Post by justiceburger »

Copied from FWPD FB post"

Fort Worth Police Department1 hr ·
GUN BUYBACK PROGRAM
The first opportunity for you to participate in our Gun Buyback Program
will be this Saturday, May 20th from noon to 5pm
at True Vine Baptist Church located at 3732 Miller Street.
Bring us your gun and we will provide you with a $50.00 gift card.
More times and locations will be provided.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What a waste of time and resources. Though I guess I could take my son's toy gun that he tore up. :)

nightmare69

Re: Ft. Worth Gun Buyback

Post by nightmare69 »

Look like I'm going to get some nice firearms for $60.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

nightmare69 wrote:Look like I'm going to get some nice firearms for $60.

That's not an area of Ft. Worth I would go with a pocket full of cash. just sayin...
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Take 200 and out bid the police, be sure and carry though!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Sounds like a group effort needed.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I wonder how the police would react if you set up a table right next to them with a large sign that said "gun buyback $60 cash"?

While an interesting idea, I would be a bit worried about inadvertently buying stolen guns.

While we are on the subject, doesn't the term "buyback" imply that these guns were once owned by the police?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I wonder how the police would react if you set up a table right next to them with a large sign that said "gun buyback $60 cash"?

While an interesting idea, I would be a bit worried about inadvertently buying stolen guns.

While we are on the subject, doesn't the term "buyback" imply that these guns were once owned by the police?
If this was any kind of serious effort to combat crime the police would run every gun's serial number prior payment to see if it was stolen. If stolen, arrest person for possession of stolen property and then return the gun to rightful owner.
I know, it won't happen. However, at minimum, every gun should be checked to see if it is stolen and returned to rightful owner rather than being destroyed (or given to ATF for shipment to Mexico :biggrinjester: ).
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I wonder how the police would react if you set up a table right next to them with a large sign that said "gun buyback $60 cash"?

If this was any kind of serious effort to combat crime the police would run every gun's serial number prior payment to see if it was stolen. If stolen, arrest person for possession of stolen property and then return the gun to rightful owner.
I know, it won't happen. However, at minimum, every gun should be checked to see if it is stolen and returned to rightful owner rather than being destroyed (or given to ATF for shipment to Mexico :biggrinjester: ).
I think the point is, in part, to get illegal guns off the street. If they arrested everyone who showed up with a stolen gun, it would greatly reduce the participation rate.

I do agree with returning stolen guns to their rightful owners instead of destroying them. Are we sure that is not already part of the program? If not, then it should be.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

$50.00 wont even buy the ammo for a couple of my guns
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Would a carpenter turn in his tools of his trade for a one time payment of $50?

Would a plumber, an electrician, a dentist turn in the tools with which he makes his living?

Then why, oh why, would a criminal turn in his gun, which is the tool of his trade, for $50?!?!?!?!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Actually I have a junky old .22 with no serial number (pre-1968), that I'd like to be rid of. Might be worth $50 to drive there. BTW, there actually have been "gun rights" people who showed up to a buyback and outbid on the good guns.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Being somewhat a gatherer of junk, and a tabletop gunsmith, I've got a couple of junkers that people have just given me to get rid of, or that aren't worth the acetylene to melt 'em down...

Maybe I should run up to Ft. Worth and take those old clunkers with me...along with about $500 in cash and buy some of those incoming pieces...

$50 in cash is probably a better deal to those turning them in than a $50 gift card. I'd even be willing to pay 60 or 75...

Filter through the true junk, keep the good ones, and take the junkers to the FWPD myself for a $50 gift card....

Hmmmm....and they say there's no getting off the ground in business for the little guy.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

AJSully421 wrote:Would a carpenter turn in his tools of his trade for a one time payment of $50?

Would a plumber, an electrician, a dentist turn in the tools with which he makes his living?

Then why, oh why, would a criminal turn in his gun, which is the tool of his trade, for $50?!?!?!?!
Baby Mama would! Im sure there are a few scouting them out now! :cool:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Shameful. If it really disarmed criminals I'd be all for it.

It won't, and it will waste taxpayer money.

And it weakens a civil right.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Doesn't Fort Worth have a Republican mayor? If so, why would the mayor allow this waste of taxpayer money? Simply ridiculous. :banghead:

On a side note, the term "buy back" is baloney; the government cannot buy back what was never theirs in the first place. :roll:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”