Ft. Worth Gun Buyback

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ft. Worth Gun Buyback

Post by Boxerrider »

K.Mooneyham wrote:On a side note, the term "buy back" is baloney; the government cannot buy back what was never theirs in the first place. :roll:
It is a deliberate misuse of a term in order to herd sheeple. This is a buyback, because you really weren't supposed to have them to begin with.
The only group who thinks it's more ridiculous than we do are the violent criminals.

Enjoy!
Jeff

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

All that's goin to show up is the liberal turdmonkeys and crack heads either gettin rid of grandpas old gun because it's been in the closet for 50 years and could go off or selling grandpas old gun they found in the closet and stole it and can only think of their next hit. We must save the guns!

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

They do list the buyback on facebook .... for now. I reported it for 'buying or selling drugs, guns..."
:reddevil :smilelol5: "rlol"
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Comment posted by FWPD on their Facebook page
Hey Everyone... Just wanted to try and clarify on some of your concerns regarding this program. The last time we had a buyback was in 2009 and it got over 130 guns off the street. At the time of this posting, I don't know what kind of guns they were...illegal guns, old guns...don't know. But we certainly do not expect a huge turnout of law abiding, gun owning citizens wanting to give us their guns for a 50 dollar gift card. Nor do we expect any lifelong criminals that use a gun as they commit crimes, to turn in their guns either. But this program was NOT funded by any taxpayers. This is a program that is funded by federally granted seized assets. This money was provided for us to continue the buyback program in an attempt to get more guns off the streets. And as cliche as it may sound...even if we get just one gun off the streets, we're going to continue this program. We certainly hope it helps. But thank you for voicing your concerns. We do hear you.
So they aren't expecting to get guns from law abiding gun owners, and are also not expecting to get guns from criminals. I'm not sure what is left for them to buy.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Comment posted by FWPD on their Facebook page
Hey Everyone... Just wanted to try and clarify on some of your concerns regarding this program. The last time we had a buyback was in 2009 and it got over 130 guns off the street. At the time of this posting, I don't know what kind of guns they were...illegal guns, old guns...don't know. But we certainly do not expect a huge turnout of law abiding, gun owning citizens wanting to give us their guns for a 50 dollar gift card. Nor do we expect any lifelong criminals that use a gun as they commit crimes, to turn in their guns either. But this program was NOT funded by any taxpayers. This is a program that is funded by federally granted seized assets. This money was provided for us to continue the buyback program in an attempt to get more guns off the streets. And as cliche as it may sound...even if we get just one gun off the streets, we're going to continue this program. We certainly hope it helps. But thank you for voicing your concerns. We do hear you.
So they aren't expecting to get guns from law abiding gun owners, and are also not expecting to get guns from criminals. I'm not sure what is left for them to buy.
They said "lifelong criminals". Perhaps they're expecting retired criminals to turn in their guns? :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

allisji

Post by allisji »

I assume that there are some people out there who have guns that they don't want...

I'm thinking like old lady's who lost their husbands... Single moms who's kids left their guns behind when they went to jail... concerned individuals who's cousin Eddie asked them to store some boxes for them 10 years ago and then never came back...

These are the people who have guns in the house that never see neither the light of day nor the dark of night. I guess that the philosophy is that if these people's homes are robbed, then the BGs won't get their guns. They may get 100 guns back, but there are millions more that are already in the hands of criminals that aren't about to go to the police and turn them in. We should use our federal seized assets to build the wall. Just like Ted Cruz's legislation recommends.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

With one little behavioral modification this could be a nice program.

I'd be behind it if the plan were to show up with a gun that could pass a search for non-stolen, after which you'd get a safety check of the firearm and a $50 firearms training certificate.

Particularly if they kept no records of the serial numbers. Maybe channel that seizure money through the Office of Civilian Marksmanship, too.

Putting lawful guns on the street in at least lightly trained hands is much more effective than meaningless programs to take guns off the street.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

G.A. Heath wrote:They do list the buyback on facebook .... for now. I reported it for 'buying or selling drugs, guns..."

That's awesome!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Comment posted by FWPD on their Facebook page
It's a "feel good" program designed to make politicians look like they are doing something about "gun violence" while admitting it does nothing to deter the criminals using guns.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

maverick2076 wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:They do list the buyback on facebook .... for now. I reported it for 'buying or selling drugs, guns..."

That's awesome!
Facebook decided it did not violate their guidelines. In feedback I explained why I thought it did.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The buy back location is right across the street from an elementary school. Isn't that in violation of the GFSZA? :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Lots of people commenting that they are going there with cash to buy guns. They probably won't but wouldn't it be great if several did? :biggrinjester:
Ron
NRA Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rtschl wrote:Lots of people commenting that they are going there with cash to buy guns. They probably won't but wouldn't it be great if several did? :biggrinjester:

They can do what they want. I have no reason to visit that part of town, even if it were to pick up a few cheap guns. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

G.A. Heath wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:

That's awesome!
Facebook decided it did not violate their guidelines. In feedback I explained why I thought it did.
No longer a button to report the post either

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

G.A. Heath wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
That's awesome!
Cool. So I am free to post an ad offering to buy guns?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”