Changes in Texas GOP

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Changes in Texas GOP

Post by ELB »

The Chairman of the Texas Republican Party resigned last month: http://www.statesman.com/news/state--re ... zwSpRFW7K/

A new Chairman was elected a few days ago: https://www.texastribune.org/2017/06/03 ... -election/
The new Chairman previously headed the Travis County GOP.

Reading a North Carolina blog, I happened to run across another change: The new state chairman as apparently appointed a new Operations Director:
Wednesday, June 7th, 2017

Austin- The Republican Party of Texas is proud to announce the hire of Rachel Malone to serve as the Operations Director. Rachel comes to the RPT after an extensive history as a grassroots activist in Texas, and has hosted countless legislative days at the Texas State Capitol and trained activists across the state on how to engage the legislature.

RPT Chairman James Dickey said this about the hiring of Rachel: “I could not be more proud to have brought Rachel on board. Her expertise in Party organization, legislative processes, and the RPT Platform will allow our Party to function at a high level within the grassroots, the backbone of our Party. Without question, Rachel is the perfect fit for the Party and we look forward to her contributions to the RPT.”
https://www.texasgop.org/texas-gop-stat ... -director/

The blogger in North Carolina knows Rachel Malone, and had this to say about her:
For those that don't know, Rachel is a certified instructor for the Texas CHL, a Massad Ayoob Group certified instructor, the founder of Texas Firearms Freedom, and, last but not least, a professional musician. Rachel was also formerly a Shoot Boss for Project Appleseed. That someone who has been so intimately involved in the gun culture is now in a position of influence within the Texas Republican Party can mean nothing but good things for gun rights in Texas.
The blogger (John Richardson) also said Rachel Malone co-hosts a podcast with him, the Polite Society Podcast.
http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/

I hope that means the GOP in Texas is going to push 2A rights more aggressively in the future.
USAF 1982-2005

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Changes in Texas GOP

Post by TreyHouston »

"Shoot Boss for Project Appleseed"
:headscratch is this were they shoot holes in the ground and drop seeds in!
She sounds like a very pro 2A to me!!! :thumbs2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

http://www.texasfirearmsfreedom.com/about/
From the DirectorI founded Texas Firearms Freedom in 2012, in preparation for the 83rd legislative session in the spring of 2013, and in direct response to the failure of Licensed Open Carry in the previous session. I had followed the bill from afar, and assumed matters would take care of themselves. I became indignant when the bill was stalled without getting heard on the floor of the House – but I realized that I had no right to be upset because I hadn’t done all I could to ensure its passage. I vowed to do everything I could in 2013. Thus I started Texas Firearms Freedom, an organization to give people like me a voice so we can make change happen.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

A woman's gun rights scorned? This should be interesting

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

TreyHouston wrote:"Shoot Boss for Project Appleseed"
:headscratch is this were they shoot holes in the ground and drop seeds in!
She sounds like a very pro 2A to me!!! :thumbs2:
You've not heard of Project Appleseed?
USAF 1982-2005

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I know of Rachel Malone and I can tell you she is part of the crowd that pushed for OC back when OC advocates were willing to kill the gains made earlier in Texas in an effort to get OC. She runs rubs elbows with groups that I will not name (One group's initials makes me think of a month) because of their poor political tactics. Because of her past associations I question the intelligence, along with the motives, behind the decision to hire her.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

G.A. Heath wrote:I know of Rachel Malone and I can tell you she is part of the crowd that pushed for OC back when OC advocates were willing to kill the gains made earlier in Texas in an effort to get OC. She runs rubs elbows with groups that I will not name (One group's initials makes me think of a month) because of their poor political tactics. Because of her past associations I question the intelligence, along with the motives, behind the decision to hire her.

I don't know her, but looking at her Youtube videos, etc, I kinda got the same impression, that maybe her heart is in the right place, but she got caught up in groups, and tactics, that are a little more detrimental, to the overall benefit, of 2A rights. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, and maybe with enough input from people like us, she may actually help push forward an agenda, that is a little more palatable. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”