New gun law summary

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

New gun law summary

Post by RossA »

I know that Charles posted a link to the new gun laws that were passed this year, but I can't find it. Anyone point me to it?
Thanks in advance.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New gun law summary

Post by Jusme »

Is this the one you're looking for?:

https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... ve-session
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Papa_Tiger »

RossA wrote:I know that Charles posted a link to the new gun laws that were passed this year, but I can't find it. Anyone point me to it?
Thanks in advance.
Keep in mind, the legislative session isn't over until June 19 at 12:01 AM. There are still several bills that will have an impact on Texas LTC holders that are awaiting the Governor's pen or inaction to become law.

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Jusme wrote:Is this the one you're looking for?:

https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... ve-session
That's it. Thanks

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
RossA wrote:I know that Charles posted a link to the new gun laws that were passed this year, but I can't find it. Anyone point me to it?
Thanks in advance.
Keep in mind, the legislative session isn't over until June 19 at 12:01 AM. There are still several bills that will have an impact on Texas LTC holders that are awaiting the Governor's pen or inaction to become law.
If the session isn't over, how can the governor have already called a special session? Or have I heard wrong?

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Papa_Tiger »

RossA wrote:
Papa_Tiger wrote:
Thanks in advance.
If the session isn't over, how can the governor have already called a special session? Or have I heard wrong?
You haven't heard wrong. The work of the legislators is over in the regular session of the 85th Texas Legislature. There are still bills that have been sent to the Governor that he has through June 18 to veto. That is why we cannot say for sure what the "new gun laws that were passed this year" are because they are not yet all passed. Some still have yet to get through the Executive branch of our government.

The special session cannot start until 30 days after the last day the Governor has to sign or veto bills (June 18) which is why it will start on July 18, 2017.

ETA: As I typed the above I got an e-mail stating that the Governor has signed the following bills:
HB 1935 - location restricted knives (Effective Sept 1)
SB 2605 - Church Volunteer Security amendment (Effective Sept 1)

So I'm not sure of any remaining pro-gun bills remaining to be signed.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”