President Trump and Congress, WE are waiting...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

President Trump and Congress, WE are waiting...

Post by parabelum »

...to see some form of significant political progress towards advancement of our 2A Rights, as promised.

National Reciprocity, ban on suppressors, SBR non-sense etc.

You have the power, right now.
You have the means, right now.

You have NO excuses to ignore millions of the voters to whom you've promised to act.

Clinton used powers of EA to steal our freedoms.
Obama the traitor used powers of EA to steal our freedoms.

You could use your power right now to win back freedoms lost.

Clock is ticking, and we are watching and waiting.

Stop it with the stupid tweets and platitude speeches. Republican Party, you better wake up.

Abraham

Re: President Trump and Congress, WE are waiting...

Post by Abraham »

I'm being patient.

Trump is about as anti-Obama as a President can get.

All of us pro-gun folk want all the positive changes he can make happen that will make us happy, but he has other priorities too...

flechero

Post by flechero »

I think the reality is that he got a lot more votes to fix health care and lower taxes... I don't expect a big 2A push until a couple of other things get worked on. But I'll keep hoping that every day that tomorrow will be that day!!

greyjack

Post by greyjack »

It reminds me of the NRA magazine cover that asks if we have Trump's back. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as a public servant he needs to show he has my back before I commit to having his back.

I can wait.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Three more months and no real progress on repealing Obamascare, middle class tax reform, or reciprocity for taxed and licensed civil rights.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I was just reading an email from the NRA-ILA about HR 3668. If I'm reading it correctly, it makes significant advances in areas like
1. Suppressors
2. Stopping the US Army from prohibiting concealed carry on Corps of Engineers property
3. A number of other areas, some that seem directly unrelated to guns

I'm going to contact my Congressman's office on Monday and find out about the so called SHARE act. If this has a snowball's chance of passing, it would be outstanding.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... EC8BA6D754
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

A word of advice considering the GOP leadership: don't hold your breath.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

rotor

Post by rotor »

tbrown wrote:A word of advice considering the GOP leadership: don't hold your breath.
You are correct and I am very disappointed. I don't blame Trump. I blame the rest of the republicans for doing NOTHING. We know where the democrats are but we have a majority and still almost nothing is being done. Drain the swamp but it is loaded with quicksand.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Might as well throw repealing the 1986 Full Auto Ban 18 USC § 922(o) onto the wish list.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

Another month of GOP hot air. On the bright side, they haven't passed John Cornyn's bump fire ban yet.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Yes, national reciprocity, and suppressors let's get it done.

If they lose the house and/or senate next year, and not even vote, I will be unhappy, especially if they have managed to vote and raise MY taxes.

I won't be unhappy with Trump, as his job is to only sign.

My unhappiness will be with my Senators and my Congressman. They should be worried if it happens.

Since Trump's election there are full ammunition shelves at Walmart.

That's the best indication of how well he is doing.

Time for a few more Supremes to retire.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Anyone following the national news knows Trump does not have "all the power" because old-guard Republicans are delaying or blocking his legislation. Don't talk about replacing Trump; talk about replacing the Republican roadblocks. Put the blame where it belongs. No other President in history has tried as hard as Trump to keep his campaign promises.

Chas.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Anyone following the national news knows Trump does not have "all the power" because old-guard Republicans are delaying or blocking his legislation. Don't talk about replacing Trump; talk about replacing the Republican roadblocks. Put the blame where it belongs. No other President in history has tried as hard as Trump to keep his campaign promises.

Chas.
He promised to be a supporter of gun rights and that he would be our advocate. Although he gave us Gorsuch he hasn't done or said much since he took office. He claims that he isn't afraid to use the stroke of the pen and phone. But where are the executive orders to allow us to be armed on Army Corp of Engineer property? This isn't even controversial. We have had access to Parks and monuments for years without incident or concern. He has never spoken or mentioned reciprocity or hearing protection. We were sure important enough to be mentioned when he was campaigning. Funny how some issues get put aside once they are elected.

So far Obama did more direct good for our cause than Trump. Afterall he did sign the federal parks law into effect and promoted the EBR industries. I'm not seeing anything from Trump yet. not even verbal support or a stinkin' tweet. I don't mean to imply that Hillary or Bernie would be better it's just that I think we are letting him off too easy and no one seems willing to hold his feet to the fire. With the Obama/Pelosi regime, we at least knew who the enemy was. Today the real enemy are those whom we thought were our champions.

Yeah, I must admit that Trump has helped drive down the price of ammo and the EBR.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”