Blood running in the streets in Idaho

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Blood running in the streets in Idaho

Post by bblhd672 »

Nope, not in Idaho either despite the dire predictions from the usual cast of "The Sky is Falling."
One Year After Constitutional Carry In Idaho And There Is No Blood Running In The Streets
http://www.captainsjournal.com/2017/07/ ... e-streets/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Blood running in the streets in Idaho

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:Nope, not in Idaho either despite the dire predictions from the usual cast of "The Sky is Falling."
One Year After Constitutional Carry In Idaho And There Is No Blood Running In The Streets
http://www.captainsjournal.com/2017/07/ ... e-streets/

Yeah, I think I'm going to lose money on my blood resistant, boot distributorship, I started a few years ago. I have already pulled out of building a warehouse in Michigan. I have closed the ones nearest to Texas college campuses. I'm gonna have to stop listening to MSM, they can't seem to get any predictions correct. I don't even want to talk about my President Hillary t-shirt sales. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“We believe dismantling the longstanding and effective permitting system without taking additional precautionary steps will weaken public safety,” Bill Bones, Jeff Lavey and Rick Allen, chiefs of police in Ada County, wrote in a letter to the Idaho Statesman last year. “Our concealed weapons licensing system is the only way to determine the person is not a felon or dangerous person prohibited from possessing firearms.”
Really? There's no other way to determine if the person is a felon? No other way at all? Really? What if he's neither a felon, nor has he applied for and obtained a carry license, NOR does he carry a gun? What does your precious system do with people like that, a category into which the majority of your citizens fall?

Of all the lies told by politically motivated police management - because they are elected or appointed - this is the one that most defies logic. A felon who is armed, arms himself regardless of what the law says. Simply running his driver's license will turn up whether or not he is a felon, but that is irrelevant to whether or not he will be armed. Those police chiefs are from Ada County. I looked up Ada County: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_County,_Idaho. Here's what it says:
Ada County is a county in the southwestern part of the U.S. state of Idaho. As of the 2010 Census, the county had a population of 392,365, making it the most populous county in Idaho. The county seat and largest city is Boise, which is also the state capital.
Three police chiefs in a county which holds the seat of the state's gov't, in a state which has been reliably republican since 1900. With the exception of three years — 1912 (Wilson), and 1932 & 1936 (Roosevelt) — republicans have held a comfortable majority in Ada County. Since then, only one democrat POTUS candidate has carried Idaho - LBJ - in a year when Ada County still remained in republican hands. So the reluctance of a few Ada County police chiefs to be comfortable with Constitutional Carry says one of two things: either (A) the Republican Party is a barrier to Constitutional Carry; or (B) Ada county, which is the center of political power in Idaho, has started to shift to the left.

Given the current state of the Republican Party, either is possible.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

All politicians irrespective of job title are corrupt.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

It has been my experience that police chiefs, are notoriously liberal, especially when it comes to civilians with guns. Their normal mindset is that only LEO should be allowed to carry. I believe that they see LEO as the ultimate authority, and that they maintain that authority by denying, or severely restricting, civilian ownership, and possession of firearms.

Most police chiefs have not gotten their position by moving up through the ranks, or only through limited movement, starting out in administration, so their experience with the public, is much more limited than the average LEO on the street. They usually possess advanced degrees, and have more exposure to left wing rhetoric, which they bring with them to their position. JMHO

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Jusme wrote:It has been my experience that police chiefs, are notoriously liberal, especially when it comes to civilians with guns. Their normal mindset is that only LEO should be allowed to carry. I believe that they see LEO as the ultimate authority, and that they maintain that authority by denying, or severely restricting, civilian ownership, and possession of firearms.

Most police chiefs have not gotten their position by moving up through the ranks, or only through limited movement, starting out in administration, so their experience with the public, is much more limited than the average LEO on the street. They usually possess advanced degrees, and have more exposure to left wing rhetoric, which they bring with them to their position. JMHO
There are certainly some chiefs like that and our "friend" in Houston Chief Acevado is one of them. We are fortunate in our city to have a local chief that is a lot more citizen carry friendly. I think some of the attitude toward "civilians" with guns suggests more military influence, whether or not the chief personally served. And part of it may come from the chief's perception (right or wrong) that Constitutional Carry is going to make the job harder for his or her officers. I'd really like to pull a Tucker Carlson on one of the anti-chiefs and ask him to specifically describe what about Constitutional Carry is a problem for police work in his jurisdiction. If it goes the way of some of the Liberals that I've talked guns with, it will get down to citizens shouldn't even be allowed to have guns let alone carry them and never mind about a permit to do so.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

chasfm11 wrote:
Jusme wrote:It has been my experience that police chiefs, are notoriously liberal, especially when it comes to civilians with guns. Their normal mindset is that only LEO should be allowed to carry. I believe that they see LEO as the ultimate authority, and that they maintain that authority by denying, or severely restricting, civilian ownership, and possession of firearms.

There are certainly some chiefs like that and our "friend" in Houston Chief Acevado is one of them. We are fortunate in our city to have a local chief that is a lot more citizen carry friendly. I think some of the attitude toward "civilians" with guns suggests more military influence, whether or not the chief personally served. And part of it may come from the chief's perception (right or wrong) that Constitutional Carry is going to make the job harder for his or her officers. I'd really like to pull a Tucker Carlson on one of the anti-chiefs and ask him to specifically describe what about Constitutional Carry is a problem for police work in his jurisdiction. If it goes the way of some of the Liberals that I've talked guns with, it will get down to citizens shouldn't even be allowed to have guns let alone carry them and never mind about a permit to do so.
My personal experience with police chiefs involved two, with very different attitudes toward civilian carry. The first was an old school police chief who felt his word was law, and that the Constitution was a piece of paper in Washington D.C, which was along way from his city. He wanted everyone disarmed, and would even tell officers to confiscate any guns at any call we were dispatched, and make the owner "prove" they were theirs. I never obeyed that order, nor did any other officers that I was aware of. He had come to be chief in the manner I described, with very little actual "street" experience. The second, was much more 2A friendly, although, the CHL laws had not been passed at the time of his arrival. He was still leery of citizens with guns, but was not outspoken against the law, and made sure that we all received training, on the CHL law. He had started out as a patrol officer, and had worked his way up the ranks.

All of the Police Chiefs, in my county, that I have encountered, are all in favor of LTC, as well as all LEO, I have met. The Sheriff, is a personal friend, who I worked with, as a LEO, and is also very pro LTC. In fact he told me, a few months ago, that it was like having that many extra deputies. Because not only did he believe they would come to aid of him and his deputies, but they were great sources of intel, in the areas they lived.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:The Sheriff, is a personal friend, who I worked with, as a LEO, and is also very pro LTC. In fact he told me, a few months ago, that it was like having that many extra deputies. Because not only did he believe they would come to aid of him and his deputies, but they were great sources of intel, in the areas they lived.
This is the attitude all LEO's should have, regardless of where they rank in their departments.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Criminals don't abide by laws, that's what makes them criminals.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Jusme wrote:
All of the Police Chiefs, in my county, that I have encountered, are all in favor of LTC, as well as all LEO, I have met. The Sheriff, is a personal friend, who I worked with, as a LEO, and is also very pro LTC. In fact he told me, a few months ago, that it was like having that many extra deputies. Because not only did he believe they would come to aid of him and his deputies, but they were great sources of intel, in the areas they lived.
Our chief used the same words about LTC holders having his back. He didn't add anything about passing information but he was pro-active in not letting some of the local rabid anti-gun activitis "swat" open carriers. He held public meetings and explained his position clearly. After hearing Acevado and others, it was refreshing.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”