Acid attacks in London

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mloamiller
Posts in topic: 1

Acid attacks in London

Post by mloamiller »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/14 ... tacks.html

More evidence that the problem has nothing to do with the weapon of choice, be it a gun, a car, a knife, etc. Those intent on harming others will find something to do so with. Government does a disservice to its citizens by making it increasingly harder for them to defend themselves against such violence.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

apostate

Re: Acid attacks in London

Post by apostate »

It was never about guns. It was always about control. "Power over people," as the Iron Lady said.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

London police chief Cressida Dick said officers were concerned by the increase in the "completely barbaric" attacks.

"We will arrest people, we will enforce the law as we can, and we are working very closely with the (government) to try to see if there is any changes in the law required," she told LBC radio.

The spike in attacks has prompted some lawmakers to call for restrictions on the sale and carrying of corrosive liquids such as sulfuric acid.
They just don't get it. Bad people are going to do bad things. You can't legislate bad people out of existence. When you take away any tool they can use, what's left? Fists? Feet? Are they going to outlaw having hands and feet too?
Do what you say you're gonna do.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

apostate wrote:It was never about guns. It was always about control. "Power over people," as the Iron Lady said.
Just as health care is not about health, but control.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

mloamiller wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/14 ... tacks.html

More evidence that the problem has nothing to do with the weapon of choice, be it a gun, a car, a knife, etc. Those intent on harming others will find something to do so with. Government does a disservice to its citizens by making it increasingly harder for them to defend themselves against such violence.
Just got back from London and Paris. Too bad I couldn't carry while I was there. But I did note the guards at Buckingham Palace had some scary black rifles and subguns. I saw some M4 variants, some HK 5.56 rifles, some MP7 (I think) subguns and some "bullpup" style 5.56 rifles. And there's always those cool fuzzy hats... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

philip964

Post by philip964 »

"Life altering injuries"

Suspect in juvenile court. Maybe he will have his hands slapped.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

some "bullpup" style 5.56 rifles.
That would be the SA80, the brits had some issues with them at first but they seem to have corrected the short comings and it's now a reliable rifle!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

ScottDLS wrote:
mloamiller wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/14 ... tacks.html

Just got back from London and Paris. Too bad I couldn't carry while I was there. But I did note the guards at Buckingham Palace had some scary black rifles and subguns. I saw some M4 variants, some HK 5.56 rifles, some MP7 (I think) subguns and some "bullpup" style 5.56 rifles. And there's always those cool fuzzy hats... :biggrinjester:
When I was in Paris 10 years ago, most of the military personnel I saw at the airport and various monuments were carrying very well-loved looking MP5s. Gotta admit, I was really jealous.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”