TX: Campus carry: No problems so far at UT-Austin. What does that prove?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Campus carry: No problems so far at UT-Austin. What does that prove?

Post by ELB »

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/crime-- ... 2kNUkVbqJ/

Good quote from Senator Birdwell:
“After decades of resounding success with the concealed handgun license program in Texas, I’m not the least bit surprised to see the campus carry law being implemented successfully and without incident,” said Sen. Brian Birdwell, the author of the bill. “It’s a testament both to the irrationality of the original prohibition and the law-abiding nature of handgun license holders.”
USAF 1982-2005

J.R.@A&M

Re: TX: Campus carry: No problems so far at UT-Austin. What does that prove?

Post by J.R.@A&M »

"Well, it proves one thing, Mr. Hooper. It proves you wealthy college boys don't have the education to admit when you're wrong."

Starting at 1:05 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am1jE2cOPLw. A great summer time flick.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

So the only problem was caused by a photo shoot for the NY Times. I wonder if there will be a call to ban NYT employees from campus?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

One more example of their backward looking logic:

“I think it’s really funny that we’re presented with accounts of how little of a problem it’s been in terms of actual students pulling out weapons, but I wonder why these questions aren’t framed by how the lack of incidents also prove the lack of necessity for guns on campus,” Jin said.

Wonder what the families of those killed by a knife wielding madman, think, since the area where the attack occurred is posted 30.06? Does she think they are glad, their kids, were protected by the signs? Or would they rather have had a LTC holder there to stop the guy?
Has she given any consideration, to the fact that now that we have campus carry, bad guys may think twice before attacking. I guess cause and effect aren't taught in her "gender studies" classes.

All of the incidences, save one, where the LTC holder showed his gun to a left wing, liberal photographer, (and had the incidence reported by "someone not connected to the University" :headscratch ? can you say "swatting"?) were off campus, and did not involve LTC holders. I notice there was no mention, about any increase, or decrease, in overall crime statistics, (rape, robbery, assault etc.) Maybe, they don't want to admit, that just the potential, for a victim, to be armed, will deter a lot of folks. I do feel sorry for all of those students, who have their free discussions "chilled" by the mind numbing fear they are all feeling. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

All the liberal noise about the dangers of carrying a gun on campus is now met with deafening silence by the same liberals.

And people think there are educated people on campus.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

OneGun wrote:And people think there are educated people on campus.
Not me...little heads filled with mush. And the students aren't any better.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Oh the humanity of it all, blood is running in the streets.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Proves the Egg Heads are not as Smart as they think they are! :txflag:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”