Disaffected Gun Control Activist Exposes Bloomberg’s “Top-down Bureaucracy”

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Disaffected Gun Control Activist Exposes Bloomberg’s “Top-down Bureaucracy”

Post by Pawpaw »

Here's what set her off:
In addition to her complaints about Everytown’s organizational structure, Ranta also took issue with the group’s decision to pay a $10,000 fee in order to participate in the Fraternal Order of Police’s 63rd Biennial Conference, which was held from August 27-31 in Nashville, Tenn. The Fraternal Order of Police prides itself on being “the world's largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers, with more than 330,000 members.”

In explaining her opposition to the FOP, Ranta correctly pointed out that the group has aligned with NRA on several important issues that affect the law enforcement and gun owners. Ranta also seems to subscribe to some aspects the radical left’s position on FOP and policing more generally.

<snip>

According to Ranta, Everytown does not tolerate dissent. The former Everytown activist explained,

On Thursday, I resigned as an Everytown Survivor Fellow after being blocked by the Survivor Network Facebook page for voicing my concerns about the sponsorship. My conclusion is that dissenting voices have no place in these organizations. You toe the line or you’re out.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Disaffected Gun Control Activist Exposes Bloomberg’s “Top-down Bureaucracy”

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:
In a post titled, “As a Gun Violence Survivor, I Feel Betrayed by Everytown,” former Everytown and Moms Demand Action member Kate Ranta shed some much-needed light on Bloomberg’s bureaucratic operation. Despite Everytown portraying itself as a grassroots movement, Ranta explained that this representation is a façade, writing,
For too long, gun control groups like Everytown have implemented top-down organizational models that treat gun violence prevention advocates like servants and gun violence survivors like fundraising fodder, giving us little or no say in our own advocacy. That must end now.
Ranta goes on to explain that Everytown’s interactions with the media are highly orchestrated. Many gun control groups have relied on carefully manufactured messaging. However, in the case of Everytown, even the personal stories of those who have experienced violence are allegedly perverted in order to advance the group’s agenda.
Continued: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017090 ... ureaucracy
Who would have thought it. :shock:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”