Paul Ryan Dragging Feet on Reciprocity

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 3

Paul Ryan Dragging Feet on Reciprocity

Post by KLB »

I have tried to keep a positive attitude about Paul Ryan, but it's getting harder.
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/ryan-b ... radio/amp/

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Paul Ryan Dragging Feet on Reciprocity

Post by rotor »

Between Ryan and McConnell one can only say Drain the Swamp.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

KLB wrote:I have tried to keep a positive attitude about Paul Ryan, but it's getting harder.
You're more positive than I for I have never trusted Paul Rino (R/D) as Speaker of the Congessional wing of the Democratic Party. Same same his compadre McConnell (R/D) in the Senate wing of the DNC.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

bblhd672 wrote:
KLB wrote:I have tried to keep a positive attitude about Paul Ryan, but it's getting harder.
You're more positive than I for I have never trusted Paul Rino (R/D) as Speaker of the Congessional wing of the Democratic Party. Same same his compadre McConnell (R/D) in the Senate wing of the DNC.
Which further illustrates the reason why Trump has not accomplished anything substantial.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

Maybe if he cuts a "deal" with that thing Maxine "straight-outta-Compton" Waters we will get something...not. :banghead:

I am tired of 'em all. And at some point, Trump needs to just step up and lead. Pen and paper...oh and phone. No more of these "deals" with the most detestable political rats.

And yes, Ryan has long been dragging his feet on anything that would actually help drive the conservative agenda.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

parabelum wrote:Maybe if he cuts a "deal" with that thing Maxine "straight-outta-Compton" Waters we will get something...not. :banghead:

I am tired of 'em all. And at some point, Trump needs to just step up and lead. Pen and paper...oh and phone. No more of these "deals" with the most detestable political rats.

And yes, Ryan has long been dragging his feet on anything that would actually help drive the conservative agenda.
Pen and paper doesnt help unless you want the next D in office to undo it all.
Reciprocity and hearing protection act seem pretty easy to me, even with the current congressional makeup.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

Ryan, McConnel, and Straus = Three Stooges!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

rotor wrote:Between Ryan and McConnell one can only say Drain the Swamp.
TERM LIMITS! Until these self-serving anal vents are faced with TERM LIMITS, they will do not much more than seek re-election.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Oldgringo wrote:
TERM LIMITS! Until these self-serving anal vents are faced with TERM LIMITS, they will do not much more than seek re-election.
Since they are the ones that have to impose term limits on themselves, it'll never happen.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Since they are the ones that have to impose term limits on themselves, it'll never happen.
Not so! There is this thing called a 'constitutional amendment' that the states can bring to bear. Such a movement is afoot, look for it.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Oldgringo wrote:
This. Ryan was never friendly to Trump, until after he got the nomination. (and then only to look as if he's a party man)

About the only way to get this nation back on track would be to fire every single one of them and put real people back into office- for a limited time/term(s) so that they only have incentive to do what's best for the country.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

We have term limits. It is called the vote.

The problem is that there are too many low information (moron) voters.

We are not going to vote our way out of this mess.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Oldgringo wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Not so! There is this thing called a 'constitutional amendment' that the states can bring to bear. Such a movement is afoot, look for it.
I understand that, unfortunately I don't see that happening in the near future either, though. I could be wrong, but I do believe that is a high barrier to get over.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Which further illustrates the reason why Trump has not accomplished anything substantial.
It has been Trump against the world from day 1. He has suffered an all out assault from the mainstream media, the entertainment "elites" who are somehow thought by many to possess keen insights on every conceivable topic because we like how they sing and dance for us, professional sports athletes, and importantly, established political leaders from both major parties. Considering the circumstances, it is a wonder that our President has been able to accomplish anything at all.

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Post by allisji »

Oldgringo wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
I believe that you're referring to an Article V Convention of States, correct? Whereas members of the state legislatures can amend the constitution, bypassing Congress... It'll still never happen.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”