I actually agree with Bill De Blasio

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I actually agree with Bill De Blasio

Post by bblhd672 »

Mike Roch wrote:Some people think Trump should lose his job because of what he says on twitter.
Some people think Trump should lose his job because of ______________________________ (fill in the blank with the latest MSM headlines or asinine comments by a politician/entertainer/athlete or other person who believes I care what they think).
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

The horrible thing about this whole story is that nutjob had a teaching job. Teaching? Really? The idiots that hired him are running a school? Makes me want to keep my grandchildren out of college.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
allisji
Posts in topic: 3

Post by allisji »

Lynyrd wrote:The horrible thing about this whole story is that nutjob had a teaching job. Teaching? Really? The idiots that hired him are running a school? Makes me want to keep my grandchildren out of college.
My son turns 5 today and I dread the thought of him going away to college and having idiots like mike isaacson brainwashing him. Even in courses where the topic is not at all germane to the subject matter, they still feel the need to push leftist ideology in the classroom. I graduated from college 10 years ago in Kansas. The college environment was bad then, but it's nothing close to what it is now. It's gone so far to the left that 2000 Al Gore and 2004 John Kerry would be considered far right on campus today.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

allisji wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:The horrible thing about this whole story is that nutjob had a teaching job. Teaching? Really? The idiots that hired him are running a school? Makes me want to keep my grandchildren out of college.
My son turns 5 today and I dread the thought of him going away to college and having idiots like mike isaacson brainwashing him. Even in courses where the topic is not at all germane to the subject matter, they still feel the need to push leftist ideology in the classroom. I graduated from college 10 years ago in Kansas. The college environment was bad then, but it's nothing close to what it is now. It's gone so far to the left that 2000 Al Gore and 2004 John Kerry would be considered far right on campus today.
It's also bad at the pre-college level in other states. My nephew is a high school senior in Washington state and is on the debate team at his high school. At the start of each debate, they ask each of their opponents for their "preferred pronoun", and schools from poorer areas get handicap points to compensate for the fact that their parents can't afford to send them to the best debate camps.

He is actually a smart kid, but I gave up trying to discuss controversial topics with him because all of his "facts" were opinions that he was fed from liberal teachers. He got a bit frustrated that I was challenging known "facts" like all Trump supporters being white supremacists, and that anyone in favor of securing our borders or deporting illegal aliens must by definition be a racist. These are things that he has been thoroughly indoctrinated to believe.

He did enjoy our trip to the range on his last visit to Texas. My brother apologized that he won't be able to return the favor when I visit Seattle since it is illegal there for my brother to let me shoot any of his guns at the range. That counts as a "transfer" and would require a background check.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Lynyrd wrote:The horrible thing about this whole story is that nutjob had a teaching job.
Even worse, this guy is a professor in Texas. http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=89798
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

allisji wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Ha! No way he means it...
Did anyone else watch Kennedy (on FBN) interview that prof last night? She was awesome. I guffawed twice.

This guy is embarrassing. So out of touch with reality... If he actually believes the things that he's saying there are no words to describe how loony he is.

Equating Antifa to building security personnel... protecting communities... if he were violently attacked he wouldn't call police, he'd call his antifa friends....... yikes...

You are correct it is embarrassing. I have a friend I grew up with and she use to be a good ol country girl. She moved to Austin though and started hanging out with some of those hipster baby crys. She went backpacking across Europe and got heavily into drugs. Now she is so brainwashed I don't even recognize her. When we talk I feel like she is reciting some sort of script. She no longer is a free thinker but more like a mindless zombie. I still care about her and I pray for her but it amazes me that she could become so brainwashed and call herself Antifa. I hate Antifa but she's my friend even if she is doing wrong. One time she was my best friend and I made her a promise, so I'm with her to the end of the line even if she is dead wrong.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Heck, I have family that have become so profa (they're definitely fascist) we no longer speak.

Why?

Because if I don't sing their communist national anthem and completely agree that as a white man I'm guilty of...everything, then I don't get to be a member of their oddball club.

Pssssst, I don't care to be a member.

I owe them no allegiance.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”