NRA Against Bump Fire Stocks?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

NRA Against Bump Fire Stocks?

Post by RossA »

I just received an email from TSRA which contained a statement from national NRA headquarters. It says that the NRA is encouraging the federal government to examine the legality of bump fire stocks. It appears that NRA is going back to its old "go along to get along" status.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Against Bump Fire Stocks?

Post by ScottDLS »

RossA wrote:I just received an email from TSRA which contained a statement from national NRA headquarters. It says that the NRA is encouraging the federal government to examine the legality of bump fire stocks. It appears that NRA is going back to its old "go along to get along" status.
This is a brilliant strategy to make the government admit that bump fire stocks are OK as determined by ATF in 2010 so all the anti-gun folks will admit they are wrong and give up.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

ScottDLS wrote:
RossA wrote:I just received an email from TSRA which contained a statement from national NRA headquarters. It says that the NRA is encouraging the federal government to examine the legality of bump fire stocks. It appears that NRA is going back to its old "go along to get along" status.
This is a brilliant strategy to make the government admit that bump fire stocks are OK as determined by ATF in 2010 so all the anti-gun folks will admit they are wrong and give up.
:iagree:

It is just pure genius! Wow. :banghead:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

I am so disappointed to see the NRA once again side with those who seek to remove citizens rights to bear arms.

Where do I request refund of my Life Membership? :mad5
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

artx

Post by artx »

I was disappointed by this as well. Maybe it is some sort of chess move statement, but it came out sounding like ‘even the NRA doesn’t support bump fire stocks’ - emboldening anti gun forces at exactly the wrong time. We don’t even have a full investigation yet. I could care less about the stocks, I think they are dumb - but giving into the left at all is a horrible idea. It also fractures the NRA support (wow what a win for the left!!!!)

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

what they just said on FOX is that the NRA isn't saying they are ok with making them illegal, but they seem ok with "more restrictions"
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

SewTexas wrote:what they just said on FOX is that the NRA isn't saying they are ok with making them illegal, but they seem ok with "more restrictions"
“More restrictions” on the 2nd Amendment- yeah, that’s what I send money to the NRA to support.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero

Post by flechero »

bblhd672 wrote: “More restrictions” on the 2nd Amendment- yeah, that’s what I send money to the NRA to support.
Yep, you can get that for free!!

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I would be perfectly fine with requiring that rifles with bump stocks be registered as machine guns if silencers were removed from the NFA. But to do that we would have to open up the NFA registry to new machine guns and limiting the new registrations to bump-fire stocks would be unacceptable.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

I think agreeing to regulation of bump fire stocks in exchange for deregulation of suppressors and passage of national reciprocity might not be a bad deal at all.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Excaliber wrote:I think agreeing to regulation of bump fire stocks in exchange for deregulation of suppressors and passage of national reciprocity might not be a bad deal at all.
With a caveat that our legislation gets passed and enacted first and foremost, which I fear will not be the case.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

After the past 8 years of success under siege, I'm gobsmacked to read all this dissing on the NRA.

GOBSMACKED.

The NRA is playing

And all you can see is

:banghead:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Excaliber wrote:I think agreeing to regulation of bump fire stocks in exchange for deregulation of suppressors and passage of national reciprocity might not be a bad deal at all.
It's never going to work that way. Diane Feinstein is working on a proposal to ban any part or component that will increase the rate of fire of a gun. This can be interpreted to include triggers, light bolt carrier groups, buffers, and adjustable gas blocks to name a few. If we cave on anything, it will not end well.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I agree.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”