The future of gun rights

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Logan'sGlock
Posts in topic: 7

The future of gun rights

Post by Logan'sGlock »

With all the recent events that have happened recently I worry about the future of our gun rights. All these talks about bump fire stocks with both ban support on both sides. This compromise I feel is a very slippery slope which could lead to more compromises. I am a millenial but also see how idiotic and uneducated my generation is. The point is where do you see this going. 5 10 or even 20 years down the road. I worry that one day I may not be able to teach my kids how to shoot like my dad did or my grandfather taught my dad.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The future of gun rights

Post by parabelum »

You are not alone in your concerns. Welcome to the Forum.

GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GreenMan0352 »

You are correct that the generations are getting worse. I too am a millenial and I've seen us going down hill fast! I see it like this, today has enough troubles of its own so why worry about tomorrow? Don't get me wrong I believe everyone should have a plan and know how far they are willing to go for what they believe in, but at the same time I do not fret about it. Worry will change nothing we just must be willing to stand strong and fight when the time comes.

omegaman

Post by omegaman »

You are correct to be concerned. The NRA is our best ally in fighting back those who seek to rob us of the means to defend ourselves from bad guys and would-be tyrants. Every gun owner should be an NRA member, in my opinion.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

I agree with omegaman.

I know many many gun owners that refuse to join the NRA because of their "politics".

I ask them, "So you like the politics of the people trying to take away your constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and your human right to self preservation, more?" :rules:

The NRA has done more to preserve gun rights than all other organizations combined. When gun grabbing politicians mention the NRA as their worst enemy, all gun owners should be a member of that organization.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

strogg

Post by strogg »

Here's how I see it with the NRA. You want to get to the top of the tree? OK. You want to be reasonable and aim for it, but you'll probably only get halfway there. Aim for the sky like a crazed lunatic? Then yeah, you'll probably very easily get to the top of the tree.

That's why I support the NRA. I want to get to the top of the tree and preserve our gun rights. Gotta aim high to get there.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I don't always agree with the NRA, they are for us overall and we need to support the NRA even if we don't agree totally
I give NRA fifty dollars every month after the horrendous shooting in Las Vegas by one of my ex wife's
former employers (she worked for Paddock in the mid 80s)
I gave the NRA a hundred dollars. :mad5
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Topic author
Logan'sGlock

Post by Logan'sGlock »

As long as we stand together and support the NRA we should be ok?

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

"hic sunt dracones"

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

It started with removal statues, renaming schools, and streets of Confederate Soldiers. It will end with the Constitution. I just heard tonight how evil Christopher Columbus was. :banghead:

cirus

Post by cirus »

I intend to live free or die. The days coming very soon where if you want to keep your 2A rights you'll have to exercise them. If not then a slave you will be.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

If Obama could not get anything really done. Not much will happen now!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
Logan'sGlock

Post by Logan'sGlock »

Deltaboy wrote:If Obama could not get anything really done. Not much will happen now!
That is true after all he was very antigun but yet hardly any gun control was passed.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Under Obama we got the right to carry on a few more Federal properties. Today under a Republican President, Republican controlled House, and Senate and a conservative Supreme Court, all we get is words and promises to outlaw bumpstocks. We got more done under Obama.

We have got absolutely nothing from this supposedly pro-2nd amendment government.
THe president made all kinds of promises to the NRA and us gun owners .. All it would take is a an executive to order to allow us access to Federal lands. It's not even that controversial. It is too easy for a normally law abiding citizen to make a criminal act.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I am as puzzled by Washington as the rest of you. :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”