The Second Amendment Is A Test

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

The Second Amendment Is A Test

Post by bblhd672 »

http://christianmerc.blogspot.com/2017/ ... -test.html
The Second Amendment, I would argue, has always been incorrectly argued in the sense that it is argued in court on the phrase "shall not be infringed" and "a well-regulated militia," but the more important clause, the one that gets to the heart of the matter is really the phrase "necessary to the security of a free state."
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Second Amendment Is A Test

Post by ninjabread »

It is proper to use our First Amendment right against politicians or government goons who try to restrict it. The same is true for our Second Amendment right.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

flechero

Post by flechero »

ninjabread wrote:It is proper to use our First Amendment right against politicians or government goons who try to restrict it. The same is true for our Second Amendment right.
It may be right, but the consequences are hard, and not in your favor. I believe this is why so many go along with a gradual, incremental forfeiture of rights... they/we don't like it but in the end, you can only choose 1 hill to die on. (maybe 2 if you are lucky)

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

The object of RKBA is not to die defending your rights but to make the other b die for violating them.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ninjabread »

flechero wrote:
ninjabread wrote:It is proper to use our First Amendment right against politicians or government goons who try to restrict it. The same is true for our Second Amendment right.
It may be right, but the consequences are hard, and not in your favor. I believe this is why so many go along with a gradual, incremental forfeiture of rights... they/we don't like it but in the end, you can only choose 1 hill to die on. (maybe 2 if you are lucky)
Some people think it's better to die fighting back and others will dig their own grave without a fight.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

If the Second Amendment is a test, John Cornyn failed.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”