Austin Nov 4th-REAL OR FAKE?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JGon
Posts in topic: 1

Austin Nov 4th-REAL OR FAKE?

Post by JGon »

https://refusefascism.org/protests-and-events/#Austin

Just so other members know, I will never condone, join or be apart of any sort of event. Keeping my family safe is what is most important to me. This may be a real event or it may not but its good information for LTC holders to know either way. There is word across the media that they will be willing to harm all gun owners and Trump supporters; also a link that shows a flyer. What everyone needs to remember to stay vigilant but also dont put yourself in a position where you are the one in the wrong. There is supposed to be a ANTIFA event at the City Hall in Austin on Nov 4th, if it were me that had business to conduct there that day I would choose to reschedule even if this event is real or not.
JGon
USMC Dis. Vet
3x Afg Vet.
:patriot: EARNED NEVER GIVEN :txflag:

Jago668

Re: Austin Nov 4th-REAL OR FAKE?

Post by Jago668 »

Don't live down there, but I've told my wife to keep the pistol actually on her that day. Not just laying around the house. Going to treat it like it is real, just in case.
NRA Benefactor Member

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 4

Post by treadlightly »

When protest against fascism becomes guerrilla warfare against guarantees of freedom, such as lawful, Constitutional government, you can count me out. I don't understand showing disrespect to the symbols of American government. Any failing this country has is not because of its structure or Constitution, it's a failing of individuals in power.

Anyone who thinks America has turned fascist should know the most powerful force working against tyranny in America is the Constitution.

What is so hard to understand about that?

K9Texas

Post by K9Texas »

It is real, LEO's in Dallas will be on high alert. I would suggest you OC folks keep your weapons concealed until we see how this shakes out. I will be carrying extra mags on Saturday which I normally never do. Just better to have and not need than need and not have.
:patriot: God Bless These United States of America :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Isn't there a name for groups of people and organizations who advocate the overthrow of the legally elected President/Vice President?

Other than crybabies who don't understand how our Constitutional Republic is designed to work, I'd use descriptions such as communists, fascists, traitors, Benedict Arnolds, liars, criminals and mentally deranged.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Isn't there a name for groups of people and organizations who advocate the overthrow of the legally elected President/Vice President?

Other than crybabies who don't understand how our Constitutional Republic is designed to work, I'd use descriptions such as communists, fascists, traitors, Benedict Arnolds, liars, criminals and mentally deranged.
I think the name you are looking for is "Democrats". Do you remember the last debate when Trump was asked whether he would accept the results of the election? Now do you remember Hillary being asked the same question, because I don't. The moderator must have just assumed that she would challenge the election results, just like the Al Gore before her.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Saturday is Opening Day for rifle season.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

uthornsfan wrote:Saturday is Opening Day for rifle season.
I was just thinking the same thing. There will be roughly a million men and women in Texas armed with high powered rifles on that day, but they will all be out in the woods and not in the cities.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Some people taking it real seriously.

https://darktriadman.com/2017/10/28/tex ... ifa-riots/

https://pjmedia.com/trending/safe-stree ... ots-nov-4/
"A Safe Streets Ground Dominance team will be physically deployed for the first time in Austin, Texas, this Saturday," he continued. "We do expect that there will be sporadic bursts of individual acts of violence from Antifa and associated groups," Throne warned. "As is true in any crowd gathering, mob mentality can certainly ensue. We will have cameras and work with law enforcement to make sure that people are not harmed and that Antifa crimes are prosecuted. This is a major evolution of our work."
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

https://redguardsaustin.wordpress.com/about/
Red Guards Austin is an autonomous Marxist-Leninist-Maoist collective based in Austin, TX.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/redguardsau ... e_internal
Mission
Raising the consciousness of our community through mass work (from the masses for the masses) towards revolution with the goal of Communism

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

R.I.P., sweet reason - https://thefederalist.com/2017/11/01/st ... apitalism/

Part of the problem is the rich don't pay enough taxes, as evidenced by the fact if there's anything left over for millennials to pay, somebody up the food chain didn't bleed enough.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Curious - was it real or fake?

Kkpsiknl

Post by Kkpsiknl »

From what I saw it was about 30 people at city hall for about an hour. Bicycle officers outnumbered the protesters about 2:1

elmtry

Post by elmtry »

Anitfa loosing its steam?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Another friend alerted me to the 11/4 possibility, actually asking me what I thought was the likelihood of it being true. I said that I don’t know, but I’m actually not that worried about it. I think an awful lot of what these Antifa types spout is bovine waste products - not that they don’t believe what they’re saying, but that they (A) don’t have the cojones to follow through on it, and (B) don’t have the means to carry it out in national terms. Sure, they might have the tactical ability to initiate local disturbances, but their numbers are fairly limited. I don’t believe that there’s more than a few thousand active members nationwide. With a few thousand, you can start some trouble...... but you can’t finish the trouble. Even if they bring guns and start shooting up the place......pick a city.....ANY city in Texas. How many law abiding gun owners are there in Austin, who are NOT leftist freaks, and would start shooting back if fired upon by Antifadoodles? Does anybody care to speculate on how much more tactical training and capability literallly millions of armed veterans have, compared to a few thousand Antifas - even Antifas with former military experience, even armed Antifas with military experience who are willing to fire on American citizens?

Would it be ugly? Sure. But it wouldn’t be enough to start a revolution.......unless it was a revolution of finally angry enough citizens to overthrow a gov’t that had allowed groups like Antifa to flourish in the first place?

Even if there is violence on 11/4, it won’t be on anything like the scale that Antifa types are threatening.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”