NY City Council - Gun Warning Labels

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

NY City Council - Gun Warning Labels

Post by Lynyrd »

Two or three thoughts come to mind. 1st, you can't make this stuff up. 2nd, truth is stranger than fiction.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/30/gun-permit ... h-warning/

The council woman wants the NYPD to hand out warning labels like the ones on cigarette packs.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

bmwrdr

Re: NY City Council - Gun Warning Labels

Post by bmwrdr »

It sounds like there is another liberal starting a career by citing statistics but disregarding the fact that criminals don't pay attention to laws.
It would be nice to read what their idea about reducing crime is instead of criminalizing the law abiding population.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This gives me an idea. Can we get the Texas AG to send pamphlets to all 30.06 posted businesses about the danger of not allowing the legal carry of firearms in their businesses?

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:This gives me an idea. Can we get the Texas AG to send pamphlets to all 30.06 posted businesses about the danger of not allowing the legal carry of firearms in their businesses?
I guess it would require a petition to get this started. Another idea would be to eliminate 30.06 and .07 as well as the 51% signs. Simplifying regulations and applying common sense laws could be a) a first step to reduce crime and b) politicians and advocates would have more time to focus on the real criminals vs. dealing with signage violations.

P. S. what happened to the effort removing the tax stamp for supressors?
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bmwrdr wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:This gives me an idea. Can we get the Texas AG to send pamphlets to all 30.06 posted businesses about the danger of not allowing the legal carry of firearms in their businesses?
I guess it would require a petition to get this started. Another idea would be to eliminate 30.06 and .07 as well as the 51% signs. Simplifying regulations and applying common sense laws could be a) a first step to reduce crime and b) politicians and advocates would have more time to focus on the real criminals vs. dealing with signage violations.

In fairness, I don't think wed expend all that many resources on signage violations since folks have a hard time citing any actual prosecutions. But I agree that 30.06 and 30.07 signs should not have force of law. Business owners should be able to ask anyone they want to leave. If that person refuses, they should be able to have the police assist them in removing that person. Simple. Easy. And no one's rights get infringed in any way.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

"WARNING! potential New York City firearm owner: The Supreme Court has affirmed that it is not the duty of the NYC Police Department to prevent criminals from robbing or murdering you or otherwise protecting you from any criminal element. The Constitution of the United States Second Amendment protects your right to bear arms and the Supreme Court has also affirmed that it is your right to own a firearm for self defense.
However, as elected politicians, we know better and feel that our belief system that restricts your rights to self defense is more important thus we must take every action we deem necessary to keep firearms out of the hands of the citizens who elect us to office.
Do not be alarmed, we only have your safety and the security of the city as our highest priorities.
Thank you and we look forward to your continued votes in the future."
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero

Post by flechero »

Do they currently hand out mugging and crime warnings to new residents??

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

They should hand out warning pamphlets when you get a drivers license. And have you ever rented a car and driven in NY city? The should definitely pass out warning labels with car rentals.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Will the redcoats have to put them on their own guns?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Tidbits from the USSC opinion on Castle Rock vs. Gonzales would make for a great pamphlet, but the audio of Ms. Gonzales pleading in vain for police to save her children is far more memorable.

The saying that "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away" is somewhat misleading because they are not obligated to protect you even if they are miraculously present as you are attacked.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Maybe, the city posts no gun signs all over the city, there will no more gun deaths. It just Liberal common sense!

:biggrinjester:
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

OneGun wrote:Maybe, the city posts no-gun signs all over the city, there will no more gun deaths. It just Liberal common sense!

:biggrinjester:
fixed it for you. (I'm easily confused......first thought it meant not posting gun signs)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”