Just when you thought the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem couldn't think of anything dumber to say...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Beiruty

Re: Just when you thought the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem couldn't think of anything dumber to say...

Postby Beiruty » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Last Sat, I met for the first time a Gas Station owner where said Gas Station is somewhere south of Dallas Downtown. It was robbed for the 8th time. Score so far: 1 dead bad guy. 1 shot and checked himself in ER and claimed being a drive by shooting victim and he is in the Fed hands as being multiple-robbery offender and few others un-accounted for.

This gentlemen was anti-gun-rights as they do come, and he is arming his employees too!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment member

AJSully421

Re: Just when you thought the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem couldn't think of anything dumber to say...

Postby AJSully421 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:51 am

By the way, the link is up to register to be a volunteer for the Dallas 2018 NRA meeting in May.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

1911 Raptor

Postby 1911 Raptor » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am

AJSully421 wrote:By the way, the link is up to register to be a volunteer for the Dallas 2018 NRA meeting in May.

Are volunteers allowed to carry?

bmwrdr

Postby bmwrdr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am

Tex1961 wrote:Wasn’t he the one who took the lead on getting confederate statues removed, renaming roads and parks if they had a confederate name.

... and spending $700.000 for one project while a $40,000 bid for the same job was swept under the rug. I wonder if there was some buddy business going on to boost his own wallet.
On the other hand he would support criminals which wouldn't be affected anyway.
Would he pass a thorough background check including a mental sanity assessment?
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Middle Age Russ

Postby Middle Age Russ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 am

Typical of politicians and other narcissists, this is simply grandstanding to take advantage of current events. There is no substance behind the words beyond abject fawning to the Progressive agenda. Even politicians in their Left mind understand that the additional moneys brought in by the NRA convention are a boon to the local economy, the lower crime rates while the convention is in town are a plus, and reneging on a contract to host the convention would be extremely costly with no upside.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
Bitter Clinger

Postby Bitter Clinger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 am

AJSully421 wrote:By the way, the link is up to register to be a volunteer for the Dallas 2018 NRA meeting in May.

THANKS! :cheers2:

Here it is:

https://www.nraam.org/contact/

Also can email to: info@NRAVolunteers.org.
"You may all go to Chicago, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

AJSully421

Postby AJSully421 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:57 pm

1911 Raptor wrote:

Are volunteers allowed to carry?

They have been in the past... unless someone under Secret Service protection is going to be there.

I’ll be carrying a full size Glock in a 7377.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

ninjabread

Postby ninjabread » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 pm

He's a Democrat. He still has a long way to go before he's in the same league as SheJack and Maxine Waters.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Jose_in_Dallas

Postby Jose_in_Dallas » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:29 pm

On a side note, what does one have to do to attend the convention?

Liberty

Postby Liberty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Jose_in_Dallas wrote:On a side note, what does one have to do to attend the convention?

Just show up with your NRA membership, at least that's how it worked when they were in Houston a few years ago.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RSX11

Postby RSX11 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:48 pm

On a side note, what does one have to do to attend the convention?

At the one in Houston a while back, I just showed up. I didn't have my NRA membership card (haven't seen it in years). They were able to look it up on a computer and let me in.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”