White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
OneGun
Senior Member
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby OneGun » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 pm

A Baylor study classifies white males that fear Poverty are most attached to guns and feel that violence against the government can be justified.

Stupid Liberal PhDs!

See: http://m.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/White-men-who-fear-poverty-are-more-attached-to-12387283.php?ipid=mobctp
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby bblhd672 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Two liberals who have spent their adult lives in academia.

These types are the reason I don’t do polls, surveys and opinion polls- every thing you as a deplorable says will be used against you.

They don’t all want you dead, just subject to their rule.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby Pawpaw » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:42 pm

OneGun wrote:Stupid Liberal PhDs!

Why did you say the same thing 3 times? :headscratch
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


dlh
Senior Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby dlh » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 pm

They used "poll data." Wonder if it was the same polling folks who said Hillary would win?...hmmmm.


Tex1961
Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby Tex1961 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
OneGun wrote:Stupid Liberal PhDs!

Why did you say the same thing 3 times? :headscratch

Took a few seconds but I figured it out. "rlol"
NORM CROSBY
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.


MaduroBU
Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby MaduroBU » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:06 pm

The study refers to a subset of gun owners who feel a certain way. The news article paints all or most gun n owners with a massive and laughable broad brush. Scientific papers, a term with an already loose hold on a sociology study, are often restated in far more scandalous terms by the media. The findings here, which basically say that some guys who are or have been under financial stress feel better with access to firearms, aren't that out there. The reporting on that finding strains the bounds of truthfulness.


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby treadlightly » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Interesting food for thought. Seems to me I might fit the model they propose, the white male who adores his precious guns and fears poverty, except I don't think it's quite that simple.

It's not the guns that are precious, it's the American ideals they represent. I'm a free citizen in the greatest nation on earth, I recognize it for what it is, and absent due process I get to enjoy benefits under this flag. Like my guns.

I don't really adore, them, either. I respect them and what they stand for.

And, come to think of it, I don't fear poverty any more than I fear rattlesnakes. I avoid poverty and defend myself against it, much as I avoid irritating a rattler. Yea, though I walk through the valley of water moccasins and copperheads, I do not fear evil. I recognize it and live with my eyes open.

It helps to have a pea shooter handy. Some folks need fidget spinners. I find comfort in a 1911.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby TreyHouston » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 pm

So white males that have strong work ethics are patriotic? So this poll of 1500 people nation wide represents ... how many people are in America again?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts: 11758
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby C-dub » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
OneGun wrote:Stupid Liberal PhDs!

Why did you say the same thing 3 times? :headscratch

That's pretty harsh. Painting all PhD's with a really broad brush there, huh?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby Pawpaw » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:28 am

C-dub wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
OneGun wrote:Stupid Liberal PhDs!

Why did you say the same thing 3 times? :headscratch

That's pretty harsh. Painting all PhD's with a really broad brush there, huh?

It was a lot narrower than the brush they used to paint us.
Last edited by Pawpaw on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


2farnorth
Senior Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Leonard, Tx

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby 2farnorth » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 am

I know 2 Phds that are gun owners (both Ham radio ops).

As far as the study, I fear a repressive government much more than I fear poverty. But they didn't ask me or anyone I know.
N5PNZ


Mike S
Senior Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby Mike S » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 am

[quote="treadlightly"]

I don't really adore, them, either. I respect them and what they stand for.

And, come to think of it, I don't fear poverty any more than I fear rattlesnakes. I avoid poverty and defend myself against it, much as I avoid irritating a rattler. Yea, though I walk through the valley of water moccasins and copperheads, I do not fear evil. I recognize it and live with my eyes open.

It helps to have a pea shooter handy. Some folks need fidget spinners. I find comfort in a 1911.[/quote]

Kudos, kind Sir! I'm trying to decide which of these quotes will be my favorite of the day.
:tiphat:

User avatar

bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby bmwrdr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:16 am

Pretty sqad to realize they get paid to use the media building public bias which is greatly accepted by the liberal mindset regardless of factual trueth.
They won't even admit Hillary lost and Trump won.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

User avatar

b4aftr
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:38 am

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby b4aftr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 am

Pawpaw wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
OneGun wrote:Stupid Liberal PhDs!

Why did you say the same thing 3 times? :headscratch

That's pretty harsh. Painting all PhD's with a really broad brush there, huh?

It was a lot narrower then the brush they used to paint us.


I respect the work and dedication that goes into a PhD, but during that time some trade reality for their own altered reality. I know a few level headed PhDs but I know a lot more on the other side of the table.

User avatar

Mel
Senior Member
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:47 pm
Location: Farmersville, TX

Re: White Males who fear Poverty are gun nuts

Postby Mel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:28 am

delete.
Last edited by Mel on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.


Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests