Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Post by parabelum »

Liberty wrote:
parabelum wrote:
Liberty wrote:The canaboid treatments I was referring to do not involve THC. There is no high involved. The medications I was referring to were for treating symptoms of certain forms of epilepsy and Parkinsons disease. Because they are derived from certain Cannibus plants they are illegal. There are certain salves and creams that have had had therapeutic benefits.

Even the regular weed, has proven beneficial for PTSD victims. With fewer nasty side effects.
I was with you just about up until the part in red above. Do you have a reliable unbiased statistical reference to support that claim?
What part do you disagree with?
The part in red.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by treadlightly »

Hawaii's gun confiscation is a trick question set in an artificial environment. There's no way to answer it without someone calling you a nazi. You either want to rob a poor doper of his weed, or you want to end a critically important Constitutional right.

It's particularly hard for me. I clearly remember the day my oldest son started using opium.

Nor can I ever forget I was the one who bought it for him.

My son had colic as a newborn. When I got his prescription medicine home, I was rather shocked to find the active ingredient was opium. I called the doctor before opening the bottle and was told that in light doses opium was an excellent smooth muscle relaxer. I understand that's no longer a popular opinion, but back in the 80's the go-to curative for colic was opium in carefully regulated doses.

Or maybe the doctor was high on the stuff, too. On my wife's next visit, the doctor gave her a stern lecture about her husband questioning doctor's orders. Honest, your Honor, I just asked if the prescription had been filled correctly. I didn't yell or anything. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't poisoning my infant son.

As for Hawaii and wacky tobacky, let's find out why no pharmaceutical companies have tapped this windfall product. If daemon weed is such a great thing it should be easy enough to make a medical case for it, and there would be a market for overpriced pharmaceutical marijuana. I wouldn't buy medicine from a bunch of hippies with a hydroponic tank. I'd pay for the controlled production standards.

As for me, I'm boring, sober, and happy as a teetotaling clam - but I always reserve the right to drink whatever I want, whenever I want. Someday I might actually want to. :biggrinjester:

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

Pariah3j wrote:And as far as the drug dealer angle - guess what, if we would just legalize it - you'd put them out of a job. Did we not learn any lessons from the prohibition on alcohol?
What's next? Allowing liquor stores to open Sundays? Letting LTC carry at their kid's graduation?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Whatever we think about marijuana apparently more than 1/2 of adult Americans have tried it. I believe that there are studies that show medicinal value with glaucoma and patients with cancer that have lost large amounts of weight. What I don't like is the double standard in legislation. We don't want sanctuary cities because they defy federal law but marijuana is federally illegal and nothing is done. I believe that marijuana should be removed from federal restriction and let the states do as they wish which is what they are doing anyway.

For those that think natural and diet is everything I remind you that marijuana, cocaine, heroin, tobacco, alcohol and poison mushrooms are all natural. Botulism toxin is natural and can be therapeutic but also lethal. I was told once that a thimbleful of botulism toxin is theoretically enough to kill everyone in the world. True? Perhaps. Natural does not mean safe.

I personally do not want to be on the highways with anyone impaired also on the road. I don't think that any of us want to see someone impaired and carrying. Television always seems to show LEO's in bars partying away and I assume armed. Not a good example.

This doesn't respond to the Honolulu fiasco but I would hope ends the marijuana debate.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Is there a pill that you can take that has the THC in it to provide the same benefit as smoking the weed? It would seem that would be the most effective way for the drug to be given. Time release agents could be added, carefully designed dosages could be created for each type of illness, etc. Doctors would proscribe, pharmacies would distribute. That way patients such as children or adults would not have to learn to smoke, etc. It would also avoid the stigma for patients of having to go to dispensaries. If these pills or capsules have not been created, why not?

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

rotor wrote:
This doesn't respond to the Honolulu fiasco but I would hope ends the marijuana debate.
"rlol" Yeah, like that is gonna happen.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bmwrdr »

philip964 wrote:Is there a pill that you can take that has the THC in it to provide the same benefit as smoking the weed? It would seem that would be the most effective way for the drug to be given. Time release agents could be added, carefully designed dosages could be created for each type of illness, etc. Doctors would proscribe, pharmacies would distribute. That way patients such as children or adults would not have to learn to smoke, etc. It would also avoid the stigma for patients of having to go to dispensaries. If these pills or capsules have not been created, why not?
I'd assume there is such a pill but not available yet for whatever reason. I am also positive that states like Hawai will be followed by CA, OR, WA, CO,... to get to the guns of the patients.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

It's interesting the political incorrectness of smoking tobacco and the permissive hipness of smoking weed.

I lost my Dad to tobacco. He was addicted before WW2. After the war, it helped hold him together. I don't believe taking up tobacco once he sustained combat wear and tear would have helped. The stress of quitting was too much, post combat weariness.

Somehow, I don't think marijuana smoke is what heaven's clouds are made of. I have no scientific evidence, it's just a wayward thought.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

personally, I think marijuana might have helped my father-in-law's back pain, but he never would have tried it since it's illegal. Now, if a Dr said it would help my migraines I'd go for it night and day. My new neurologist actually mentioned Botox this week, it's suppose to be great for migraines.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

bmwrdr wrote:
philip964 wrote:Is there a pill that you can take that has the THC in it to provide the same benefit as smoking the weed? It would seem that would be the most effective way for the drug to be given. Time release agents could be added, carefully designed dosages could be created for each type of illness, etc. Doctors would proscribe, pharmacies would distribute. That way patients such as children or adults would not have to learn to smoke, etc. It would also avoid the stigma for patients of having to go to dispensaries. If these pills or capsules have not been created, why not?
I'd assume there is such a pill but not available yet for whatever reason. I am also positive that states like Hawai will be followed by CA, OR, WA, CO,... to get to the guns of the patients.
There is such a pill and it is available. My BIL was prescribed precisely this for chronic pain. In Texas.

rotor

Post by rotor »

SewTexas wrote:personally, I think marijuana might have helped my father-in-law's back pain, but he never would have tried it since it's illegal. Now, if a Dr said it would help my migraines I'd go for it night and day. My new neurologist actually mentioned Botox this week, it's suppose to be great for migraines.
Me too. May have to go to Colorado to see if it helps migraines. Doubt it.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:personally, I think marijuana might have helped my father-in-law's back pain, but he never would have tried it since it's illegal. Now, if a Dr said it would help my migraines I'd go for it night and day. My new neurologist actually mentioned Botox this week, it's suppose to be great for migraines.
Got a new pain med, Zomig....nasal spray, weird, but it worked. Expensive even with insurance.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

rotor

Post by rotor »

SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
Got a new pain med, Zomig....nasal spray, weird, but it worked. Expensive even with insurance.
Technically not a pain med. Zomig I believe is available generic now in pill form and works very well for migraines in some people. Go with the pill and save yourself some money. Just as good as the nasal spray.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
Technically not a pain med. Zomig I believe is available generic now in pill form and works very well for migraines in some people. Go with the pill and save yourself some money. Just as good as the nasal spray.

I'm having 3 day migraines, even with Imitrex. I need something to work fast since I'm caregiver to my MIL. These 3 day migraines aren't good. He's trying this to see if it will knock them out. It seems to have worked. Just one dose and it was gone! That's worth the $

I'm sorry for the thread drift guys
~Tracy

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bmwrdr »

SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:

I'm having 3 day migraines, even with Imitrex. I need something to work fast since I'm caregiver to my MIL. These 3 day migraines aren't good. He's trying this to see if it will knock them out. It seems to have worked. Just one dose and it was gone! That's worth the $

I'm sorry for the thread drift guys
Strangest thing those migranes. I dealt with it in 2012-13 and it stopped when I added beets to my salad.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”