national reciprocity and fix nics

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 4

national reciprocity and fix nics

Post by LSUTiger »

Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: national reciprocity and fix nics

Post by RoyGBiv »

This is being discussed on page 5 here: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90799

Bottom line.... There is no new rulemaking authority granted to anyone in the NICS check bill. We (2A advocates) have been screaming for years "Enforce existing laws".. That's is all that the NICS bill does... There is nothing in that bill that enables any agency to do anything it cannot already do today. (except for adding a training budget for NICS data entry training)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

RoyGBiv wrote:This is being discussed on page 5 here: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90799

Bottom line.... There is no new rulemaking authority granted to anyone in the NICS check bill. We (2A advocates) have been screaming for years "Enforce existing laws".. That's is all that the NICS bill does... There is nothing in that bill that enables any agency to do anything it cannot already do today. (except for adding a training budget for NICS data entry training)

is that what the NRA told you?
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

LSUTiger wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:This is being discussed on page 5 here: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90799

You can see Charles' brief reply in the thread I linked..
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

LSUTiger wrote:

It's the truth. Now show us specific sections of the bill you claim do.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017120 ... n-congress

Chas.

Topic author
LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:

Chas.

I don’t need to prove anything to anyone to not support a bill I already contacted my Senators and Representatives to urge them not to support Combined Legislation and to not support FixNICS.

I simply don’t trust anything the democratics support especially the likes of Dianne Frankentein and Chuck Schumer and summarily reject it out of hand.

Why are they trying to sneak Fix NICS into National Reciprocity? They should be stand alone bills! Trying to sneak it by in combined bills makes it even more suspicious and all the more reason I won’t support it.

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr1337 »

LSUTiger wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:This is being discussed on page 5 here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90799

Chas.

I don’t need to prove anything to anyone to not support a bill I already contacted my Senators and Representatives to urge them not to support Combined Legislation and to not support FixNICS.

I simply don’t trust anything the democratics support especially the likes of Dianne Frankentein and Chuck Schumer and summarily reject it out of hand.

Why are they trying to sneak Fix NICS into National Reciprocity? They should be stand alone bills! Trying to sneak it by in combined bills makes it even more suspicious and all the more reason I won’t support it.
Pretty sure it's because we need 8 (D) votes in the Senate to prevent a filibuster.

FixNICS doesn't change who is eligible and who is ineligible to own a firearm. I think wrapping it into reciprocity was a good move try to get some votes from the other side of the aisle.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

LSUTiger wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:This is being discussed on page 5 here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90799

Chas.

You're right, you don't. But the next time you insuniate that the NRA is lying about a bill's content, then you better show proof or you'll be gone.

Chas.

Topic author
LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:

Chas.

You're right, you don't. But the next time you insuniate that the NRA is lying about a bill's content, then you better show proof or you'll be gone.

Chas.
i’m sorry charles for not replying sooner, i haven’t been on the forum for a while and didn’t see your reply

it’s exactly this type of elitist response and attitude from the NRA (you are an NRA board member aren’t you?) it’s the don’t ask questions and tow the line, don’t think for yourself and don’t have an opinion. maintain the status quo , don’t even attempt to discuss the issues, that are the reasons they are losing members and have others questioning leadership decisions and the those entrenched in the NRA to the detriment of the 2A

i am already an NRA life member so they already got my money but may not get all they could have now and in the future like my wife and kids etc., I’ve already begun to channel funds to the GOA.

But maybe as a board member getting feedback from life member you can relay the message to HQ that they better straighten up, get some new blood and fresh opinions and a no compromise attitude if they truly want to fight for 2A rights with maximum effectiveness and also to retain current membership and ensure future growth.

If the NRA is not going to represent it’s membership then it’s time to change the leadership or support organizations that do represent them. if you look around all the social media there are a lot of members and Pro 2A people unhappy with the NRA, not just me. not only about fix nics but about this whole bumpfire and rate of fire devices issues and potential ramifications brought about by NRA support

I haven’t given up on the NRA yet! But I’m looking at alternative Pro 2A organizations and spreading my support dollars around which means giving less to the NRA.
Attachments
D53920E9-11A4-4883-BF7F-F8EC1BD6FE0D.jpeg

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”