"Swatting" claims another innocent victim shot by LEO

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Swatting" claims another innocent victim shot by LEO

Post by WTR »

We need both the swatters and the Police held accountable.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Abraham wrote:If I'm in my home, not wearing my prescription hearing aids, which I don't anymore as they drove me crazy...ok, crazier....

Later some L.E. demand outside my home I do this or that - what I can't hear is a real pickle...and guess what, I DON'T have to wear them for their convenience.

But, yeah, they get to kill me because I couldn't hear them well enough...wonderful country we live in.
I'll throw a little more "stuff" into the game... Just because someone who knocks on your door or window says they're the Police, doesn't PROVE they're the Police. Plenty of crimes, including home invasions, have been done by people claiming to be LE.
WTR wrote:We need both the swatters and the Police held accountable.
Amen!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:If I'm in my home, not wearing my prescription hearing aids, which I don't anymore as they drove me crazy...ok, crazier....

Later some L.E. demand outside my home I do this or that - what I can't hear is a real pickle...and guess what, I DON'T have to wear them for their convenience.

But, yeah, they get to kill me because I couldn't hear them well enough...wonderful country we live in.
Yep, I not only wear hearing aids when I'm awake but we both also have sleep Apnea and sleep with C-paps. A nighttime disturbance in our house is likely to cause me to come up shooting.

Some of these LEO guys seem to be a little too trigger happy; OTOH, other Leos may have been too slow on the draw? The courts will sort it out, right?

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Oldgringo wrote:The courts will sort it out, right?
That’s funny.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

bblhd672 wrote:
That’s funny.
How so? What do you know that the rest of us don't?

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Oldgringo wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
That’s funny.
How so? What do you know that the rest of us don't?
If no one is charged then nothing for a court to sourt.

flechero

Post by flechero »

warnmar10 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote: How so? What do you know that the rest of us don't?
If no one is charged then nothing for a court to sort.
That, and dead folks can't testify.

Ever notice when the innocent victim lives, there are always huge payouts, and plenty of blame/liability? But when they die, there is some public outrage, followed by denial or justification for the wrongful death. And then they sweep it under the rug.

:headscratch

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

flechero wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote: How so? What do you know that the rest of us don't?
If no one is charged then nothing for a court to sort.
That, and dead folks can't testify.

Ever notice when the innocent victim lives, there are always huge payouts, and plenty of blame/liability? But when they die, there is some public outrage, followed by denial or justification for the wrongful death. And then they sweep it under the rug.

:headscratch
You can bet that somebody will nearly always sue somebody.

flechero

Post by flechero »

True, but either we don't hear about many of those working out well for the vic's families.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Lots of things don't make sense about this story. A lot can be blamed on poor reporting, but as a former LEO, welfare checks, even where bodily harm is claimed, never meant that a "team" of officers, surrounding a dark house in the wee hours of the morning.

If they had truly knocked on the door, or rang the bell, someone would have moved that direction, to at least find out who was there. But if they were creeping around outside making unidentifiable noises, near windows, the natural response from a homeowner, would be to arm himself, and possibly point a gun in the direction of the noise.

There will need to be a lot if questions answered, regarding this entire incident, starting with the original call, and the response, by law enforcement.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

This raises a couple of questions for me.

How can we as potential victims prevent this type of stuff from happening?

Who is the the biggest threat to our and our families safety, the good guys or the thug home invaders? These days I find the Government a bigger threat to my safety, and my stuff than the bad guys, I have some means to protect myself from the bad guys. I am not so sure how to best protect the myself from murderous and thieving government officials.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Yes Liberty and it's on the increase.

The police aren't the military, but with each passing day many police department adopt military tactics and gear, bring them to bear, to then find out they've got the wrong house to use them on or find they didn't have all the facts, but golly gee they want to use those whiz bang new military gadgets they now have in their inventory.

Ah, sorry, Mr. non-criminal Homeowner, we goofed up, but heck we'll show you respect now by going to your funeral. Us pay for it? Ppppppttttt.....

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

here's a problem about punishing the swatter's.....apparently many of them, since many, many are gamers, are out of country, many in Russia, they can't be held accountable, can't even be proven who they are even though often the kids know "gamer x" did it, there isn't anyway to prove who "gamer x" is when they are overseas. Until we can get other governments to help, there's nothing to be done.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Abraham wrote:Yes Liberty and it's on the increase.

The police aren't the military, but with each passing day many police department adopt military tactics and gear, bring them to bear, to then find out they've got the wrong house to use them on or find they didn't have all the facts, but golly gee they want to use those whiz bang new military gadgets they now have in their inventory.

Ah, sorry, Mr. non-criminal Homeowner, we goofed up, but heck we'll show you respect now by going to your funeral. Us pay for it? Ppppppttttt.....
They wont offer to pay for it.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Liberty wrote:This raises a couple of questions for me.

How can we as potential victims prevent this type of stuff from happening?

Who is the the biggest threat to our and our families safety, the good guys or the thug home invaders? These days I find the Government a bigger threat to my safety, and my stuff than the bad guys, I have some means to protect myself from the bad guys. I am not so sure how to best protect the myself from murderous and thieving government officials.
If you're active on social media, and have ever engaged or been threatened by a psychopath, you should let the cops or sheriff know that swatting is possible. Same if you have a psycho relative or other connection. Chief can let the SWAT team know, and they might just remember it. Or not. Cheap insurance.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”