"Swatting" claims another innocent victim shot by LEO

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

"Swatting" claims another innocent victim shot by LEO

Post by bblhd672 »

Fake 911 call from estranged mother-in-law in another city results in grandfather, a 65 year old Navy veteran, being gunned down in his kitchen at 3:15am. :banghead:

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/walk ... ect-golden
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Swatting" claims another innocent victim shot by LEO

Post by WTR »

The Austin paper's statistics show that only 7% of the people killed by the Polce in 2017, were unarmed. Seem a bit high?

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

Had a gun in his hand and pointed it at the officers.

Did I read that right or am I missing something.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

WTR wrote:The Austin paper's statistics show that only 7% of the people killed by the Polce in 2017, were unarmed. Seem a bit high?
Not necessarily. A person driving a car is "unarmed" but if someone tries to run over pedestrians then officers would be justified in shooting the "unarmed suspect". While that is a clear cut scenario I suspect most of the "unarmed" shootings are less clear.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

I predict a paid vacation for the shooter.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Did they knock on the door and state they were sheriff deputies or did they shout it as they busted the door open?

:grumble

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

wheelgun1958 wrote:Did they knock on the door and state they were sheriff deputies or did they shout it as they busted the door open?

:grumble
They threw a flash bang grenade in and then announced themselves, but he couldn’t hear them because of the flash bang. :biggrinjester:

Meanwhile ATF is investigating whether the flash bang was registered as a destructive device on atf form 5.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MechAg94 »

Article says they claim to have identified themselves several times. I am curious how. Were all three of them yelling? He may have been hard of hearing.

The text of the 911 report doesn't mention a crime was in progress, but it sounds like the officers approached it that way.

I guess I assume they have not obtained all the phone records and that is why they are not saying the 911 report was intentionally false.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com/cat ... fedb9.html
Found this link. This drew a different picture to me.
Stagg said that, at the time of the incident, five people were inside the house: Mark Parkinson, his wife Diana, Amy and her two children, a 6-year-old and a 16-year-old. Amy and her children were staying with her parents during the divorce proceedings, he said.

Stagg said they were asleep when Parkinson heard their three dogs barking from inside the residence. Parkinson retrieved his firearm for protection, Stagg said. Parkinson and his wife Diana then went into the kitchen area and heard someone banging on the kitchen window, Stagg said.

Within seconds, three shots were fired, with one striking Parkinson's jugular vein (throat area), causing him to bleed to death, the lawyer said.

Diana called for Amy to come downstairs and call 911, he said. Amy, a registered nurse, began to administer aid to her father by applying pressure to his neck, Stagg said.

Stagg said the family waited 3-5 minutes until paramedics and law enforcement arrived, believing that an unknown assailant had shot and killed Parkinson through the kitchen window. Stagg said no one in the family heard the knocking on the door or the three deputies announcing their arrival.

Stagg said Parkinson and Diana did not see law enforcement outside the residence and, to their knowledge, an unknown someone was simply banging on their kitchen window at 3 a.m.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/nc9- ... t-happened
This was gives the same information.

I would be curious to hear comment from resident LEO or former LEO. In the Wichita case, everyone was outside the house. In this case, the officers are looking through the windows. According to the family, there was no effort to announce themselves or knock on the door. The link in the OP say they did, but it doesn't really say they were outside the house at the time (or maybe I missed that fact). This one seems pretty fishy. I would be interested in seeing 911 transcripts for when the family called 911 as well.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

If I'm in my home, not wearing my prescription hearing aids, which I don't anymore as they drove me crazy...ok, crazier....

Later some L.E. demand outside my home I do this or that - what I can't hear is a real pickle...and guess what, I DON'T have to wear them for their convenience.

But, yeah, they get to kill me because I couldn't hear them well enough...wonderful country we live in.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

One other tidbit from the link I posted, the family is saying they waited 3 to 5 minutes for police and paramedics to show up after the shooting. So....did the LEO's who did the shooting go call for paramedics themselves? Why didn't they enter the house and take control of the situation and render first aide or try to secure the woman who was supposed to be a danger to themselves and others? Did they realize at this point that the original 911 call was incorrect? It also appears they didn't knock on the door in the first place.

Lots of odd facts around this story that makes it look like more than just a simple Swatting case.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

What's being done about the swatter's creating this mayhem...?

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Abraham wrote:What's being done about the swatter's creating this mayhem...?
I am also interested in how Police can modify their tactics so they stop shooting innocent people. In this case, I am having trouble understanding how the officer's life was in danger when all he had to do was duck down and clear out. Knocking on a window in the middle of the night and then shooting through it when the homeowner is armed? That is some serious bull. I am hoping more information is forthcoming. This one appears to be a lot less in the officers favor than the other incidents.

As far as the Swatting, if the family's version is correct, it at least appears the officers were trying to scout around instead of busting down the door immediately, but it looks to me like they screwed it up.

flechero

Post by flechero »

1st part of the story in first link... WOMAN threatened XYZ... First part of story from other link... elderly man shot from OUTSIDE the house... what the heck?!?!?!? What's up with so many LEO's lately???

I think if LEO's are going to shot someone from OUTSIDE the structure, they better have MUCH BETTER info and KNOW they have the right person.

We need to send a few swatters up for life without parole or to the death penalty to send the message. Innocent people being gunned down is NOT acceptable.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”