Bump stop ban signed today

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Post by TreyHouston »

John Galt wrote:I believe Trump is always several steps ahead of the left, driving them crazy.
:iagree:
I have full faith that we will always get more than we will loose with Trump! He didn’t become Trump by loosing an inch!
Slidefires were not banned after the vegas shooting. AR-15s dont have a hope of getting banned now. Age to buy will PROBABLY not pass unless we get something like ending gun free zones.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CoffeeNut »

TreyHouston wrote:
John Galt wrote:I believe Trump is always several steps ahead of the left, driving them crazy.
I have full faith that we will always get more than we will loose with Trump! He didn’t become Trump by loosing an inch!
Slidefires were not banned after the vegas shooting. AR-15s dont have a hope of getting banned now. Age to buy will PROBABLY not pass unless we get something like ending gun free zones.
So you're fine with different infringements as long as they don't effect you?
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

Today the bump stock. Tomorrow extended mags. The next day “assault rifles” I.E. anything scary looking. Pretty soon we’ll all be carrying muskets and I’ll be wearing someone’s cat as a hat because I mistook it for a raccoon!

On a serious note we are losing this fight ladys and gents. We as a gun community need to do more. A lot of us talk big but that’s all we do. The time for action is now! I’m not sayig raise arms against our great country, but what I’m saying is we need to decide if our rights are worth it and if so we need to get on the phone with our state representatives and we need to start mailing our complaints and educate the public! Before we get to that point where you have to ask is the 2A worth dying for. Just food for thought.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

CoffeeNut wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
So you're fine with different infringements as long as they don't effect you?
I think of it just like more of a “infringement swapping” but we come out far ahead! :evil2:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

GreenMan0352 wrote:Today the bump stock. Tomorrow extended mags. The next day “assault rifles” I.E. anything scary looking. Pretty soon we’ll all be carrying muskets and I’ll be wearing someone’s cat as a hat because I mistook it for a raccoon!

On a serious note we are losing this fight ladys and gents. We as a gun community need to do more. A lot of us talk big but that’s all we do. The time for action is now! I’m not sayig raise arms against our great country, but what I’m saying is we need to decide if our rights are worth it and if so we need to get on the phone with our state representatives and we need to start mailing our complaints and educate the public! Before we get to that point where you have to ask is the 2A worth dying for. Just food for thought.
Media has sided with the left. Russia and the left have created internet platforms, ie Twitter, Facebook, etc and programs to make it seem like one person is tens of thousands. These are very large platforms to “educate”. Politicians think all of this is the truth and what people want. The cards are stacking against Americans quite quickly...

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

TreyHouston wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:Today the bump stock. Tomorrow extended mags. The next day “assault rifles” I.E. anything scary looking. Pretty soon we’ll all be carrying muskets and I’ll be wearing someone’s cat as a hat because I mistook it for a raccoon!

Media has sided with the left. Russia and the left have created internet platforms, ie Twitter, Facebook, etc and programs to make it seem like one person is tens of thousands. These are very large platforms to “educate”. Politicians think all of this is the truth and what people want. The cards are stacking against Americans quite quickly...

Quite right. We’ve let it get this far I’m afraid that one of two things will happen. A civil war, or we will no longer be America.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Oldgringo »

That's nice but, what about the rest of his party. You know, the ones who are primarily more concerned about their re-election than anything else in your and my worlds?

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I refuse to "panic" until I have reason to actually panic. The anti-2As want you to panic, to turn on Trump, to throw your hands in the air, run crying and screaming, and just give up. At this point, there simply isn't reason to do that. I get the feeling that, all said and done on this, some tiny little bone will be thrown out there, attached to something they hate, and the antis will again be left looking like clueless dolts wondering how it could have happened. Say, just as a for instance, tying a barely improved "Fix NICS" to the Hearing Conservation Act and daring them to vote against it, because, "think of the children". I could be flat out wrong, time will tell, but again, I refuse to panic right now.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Where can I buy one in DFW? I didn’t want one until I was told I couldn’t have one.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

That memo looks like yet another example of Trump misdirecting or 'shining on' the libs. He's essentially telling the bureaucracy to churn out more paper. A 'machine gun' is full auto. Bump stocks, clamp-on eccentric cranks, and Jerry Miculek's trigger finger are all semi auto. For each single depression of the trigger, one round goes off. So none of the above convert an AR to full auto.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

I agree completely.

I am not a fan of bumpstocks or binary triggers. I rarely use extended magazines. The only dog I have in the fight is the infringement. I am not willing to give this domestic enemy another inch. Period. I will stand and fight with all y'all.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:Where can I buy one in DFW? I didn’t want one until I was told I couldn’t have one.
Slidefire's system is down, but you can find them on TGT and other sites. Looks like folks are asking around double what they were going for a couple weeks ago.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

I hope this is some kind political Jedi mind trick to look like it he is doing something to appease the left with out really having a chance of passing congress

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 60384?s=20
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Remember DACA? He lead the Dimocrats around by the nose until they voted to kill his "path to citizenship", giving themselves a huge black eye that will cost them votes later this year.

I think we're seeing round 2. He'll use their Trump Derangement Syndrome against them.
Last edited by Pawpaw on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”