Bump stop ban signed today

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby TreyHouston » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 pm

John Galt wrote:I believe Trump is always several steps ahead of the left, driving them crazy.


:iagree:
I have full faith that we will always get more than we will loose with Trump! He didn’t become Trump by loosing an inch!
Slidefires were not banned after the vegas shooting. AR-15s dont have a hope of getting banned now. Age to buy will PROBABLY not pass unless we get something like ending gun free zones.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


CoffeeNut
Senior Member
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby CoffeeNut » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
John Galt wrote:I believe Trump is always several steps ahead of the left, driving them crazy.


:iagree:
I have full faith that we will always get more than we will loose with Trump! He didn’t become Trump by loosing an inch!
Slidefires were not banned after the vegas shooting. AR-15s dont have a hope of getting banned now. Age to buy will PROBABLY not pass unless we get something like ending gun free zones.


So you're fine with different infringements as long as they don't effect you?
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238


GreenMan0352
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Denver city

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby GreenMan0352 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Today the bump stock. Tomorrow extended mags. The next day “assault rifles” I.E. anything scary looking. Pretty soon we’ll all be carrying muskets and I’ll be wearing someone’s cat as a hat because I mistook it for a raccoon!

On a serious note we are losing this fight ladys and gents. We as a gun community need to do more. A lot of us talk big but that’s all we do. The time for action is now! I’m not sayig raise arms against our great country, but what I’m saying is we need to decide if our rights are worth it and if so we need to get on the phone with our state representatives and we need to start mailing our complaints and educate the public! Before we get to that point where you have to ask is the 2A worth dying for. Just food for thought.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby TreyHouston » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 pm

CoffeeNut wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
John Galt wrote:I believe Trump is always several steps ahead of the left, driving them crazy.


:iagree:
I have full faith that we will always get more than we will loose with Trump! He didn’t become Trump by loosing an inch!
Slidefires were not banned after the vegas shooting. AR-15s dont have a hope of getting banned now. Age to buy will PROBABLY not pass unless we get something like ending gun free zones.


So you're fine with different infringements as long as they don't effect you?


I think of it just like more of a “infringement swapping” but we come out far ahead! :evil2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby TreyHouston » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:05 pm

GreenMan0352 wrote:Today the bump stock. Tomorrow extended mags. The next day “assault rifles” I.E. anything scary looking. Pretty soon we’ll all be carrying muskets and I’ll be wearing someone’s cat as a hat because I mistook it for a raccoon!

On a serious note we are losing this fight ladys and gents. We as a gun community need to do more. A lot of us talk big but that’s all we do. The time for action is now! I’m not sayig raise arms against our great country, but what I’m saying is we need to decide if our rights are worth it and if so we need to get on the phone with our state representatives and we need to start mailing our complaints and educate the public! Before we get to that point where you have to ask is the 2A worth dying for. Just food for thought.


Media has sided with the left. Russia and the left have created internet platforms, ie Twitter, Facebook, etc and programs to make it seem like one person is tens of thousands. These are very large platforms to “educate”. Politicians think all of this is the truth and what people want. The cards are stacking against Americans quite quickly...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


GreenMan0352
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Denver city

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby GreenMan0352 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:Today the bump stock. Tomorrow extended mags. The next day “assault rifles” I.E. anything scary looking. Pretty soon we’ll all be carrying muskets and I’ll be wearing someone’s cat as a hat because I mistook it for a raccoon!

On a serious note we are losing this fight ladys and gents. We as a gun community need to do more. A lot of us talk big but that’s all we do. The time for action is now! I’m not sayig raise arms against our great country, but what I’m saying is we need to decide if our rights are worth it and if so we need to get on the phone with our state representatives and we need to start mailing our complaints and educate the public! Before we get to that point where you have to ask is the 2A worth dying for. Just food for thought.


Media has sided with the left. Russia and the left have created internet platforms, ie Twitter, Facebook, etc and programs to make it seem like one person is tens of thousands. These are very large platforms to “educate”. Politicians think all of this is the truth and what people want. The cards are stacking against Americans quite quickly...



Quite right. We’ve let it get this far I’m afraid that one of two things will happen. A civil war, or we will no longer be America.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts: 10615
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby Oldgringo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 pm

John Galt wrote:I believe Trump is always several steps ahead of the left, driving them crazy.

That's nice but, what about the rest of his party. You know, the ones who are primarily more concerned about their re-election than anything else in your and my worlds?


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby K.Mooneyham » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:13 am

I refuse to "panic" until I have reason to actually panic. The anti-2As want you to panic, to turn on Trump, to throw your hands in the air, run crying and screaming, and just give up. At this point, there simply isn't reason to do that. I get the feeling that, all said and done on this, some tiny little bone will be thrown out there, attached to something they hate, and the antis will again be left looking like clueless dolts wondering how it could have happened. Say, just as a for instance, tying a barely improved "Fix NICS" to the Hearing Conservation Act and daring them to vote against it, because, "think of the children". I could be flat out wrong, time will tell, but again, I refuse to panic right now.


Richbirdhunter
Senior Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm
Location: DFW Denton County

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby Richbirdhunter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:18 am

Where can I buy one in DFW? I didn’t want one until I was told I couldn’t have one.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

User avatar

JustSomeOldGuy
Senior Member
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby JustSomeOldGuy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:05 pm

That memo looks like yet another example of Trump misdirecting or 'shining on' the libs. He's essentially telling the bureaucracy to churn out more paper. A 'machine gun' is full auto. Bump stocks, clamp-on eccentric cranks, and Jerry Miculek's trigger finger are all semi auto. For each single depression of the trigger, one round goes off. So none of the above convert an AR to full auto.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver


montgomery
Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby montgomery » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:11 pm

GreenMan0352 wrote:Today the bump stock. Tomorrow extended mags. The next day “assault rifles” I.E. anything scary looking. Pretty soon we’ll all be carrying muskets and I’ll be wearing someone’s cat as a hat because I mistook it for a raccoon!

On a serious note we are losing this fight ladys and gents. We as a gun community need to do more. A lot of us talk big but that’s all we do. The time for action is now! I’m not sayig raise arms against our great country, but what I’m saying is we need to decide if our rights are worth it and if so we need to get on the phone with our state representatives and we need to start mailing our complaints and educate the public! Before we get to that point where you have to ask is the 2A worth dying for. Just food for thought.


I agree completely.

I am not a fan of bumpstocks or binary triggers. I rarely use extended magazines. The only dog I have in the fight is the infringement. I am not willing to give this domestic enemy another inch. Period. I will stand and fight with all y'all.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 3154
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Richbirdhunter wrote:Where can I buy one in DFW? I didn’t want one until I was told I couldn’t have one.


Slidefire's system is down, but you can find them on TGT and other sites. Looks like folks are asking around double what they were going for a couple weeks ago.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

LSUTiger
Senior Member
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby LSUTiger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 am

I hope this is some kind political Jedi mind trick to look like it he is doing something to appease the left with out really having a chance of passing congress

Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

User avatar

sbrawley
Senior Member
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 pm
Location: Lubbock

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby sbrawley » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:26 am

LSUTiger wrote:I hope this is some kind political Jedi mind trick to look like it he is doing something to appease the left with out really having a chance of passing congress


It's what the left wants to hear, but since it is coming from Trump it will be something they will vote against. However, when something could have been prevented, he can come back and say he tried. :mrgreen:
You've never met America, and you ought to pray you never do -Charlie Daniels
2015 NRA Lifetime Member

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5879
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Bump stop ban signed today

Postby Pawpaw » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 am

Remember DACA? He lead the Dimocrats around by the nose until they voted to kill his "path to citizenship", giving themselves a huge black eye that will cost them votes later this year.

I think we're seeing round 2. He'll use their Trump Derangement Syndrome against them.
Last edited by Pawpaw on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kayt00, TxD and 4 guests