NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:
treadlightly wrote:I heard someone on Fox say that a psychological screening should be required before buying an AR15. I see the feel-good in that idea, but it's pretty bogus.

You can't buy firearms with serious convictions on your record. The real world tests you, and pushes your buttons. If you're a problem child, you're fairly certain to collect serious convictions.

With hundreds of millions of firearms out there, it looks like natural selection weeds out a lot of nuts.

On a different note, behold the face of tomorrow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLiBFMUQ7s

The little fellow wants to take your guns, but not all at once. He just wants change. A little bit now, a little bit later.

Makes me want a bump fire stock. Not to actually use the silly thing, but to respond to his hysteria.

God grant the victims' families peace, and justice for the perpetrator. May due process reign for him, so it can hold firm for all of us.
What do you expect after all the decades of government school indoctrination?
Maybe age limits ought to take into consideration acne. Like....if you have still have it all over your face, you’re not old enough to have a qualified opinion.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

I could not find it again, but saw someone on Twitter today make a comment that the CNN Town Hall should be considered as an "in kind contribution" to the NRA. I couldn't agree more. I am already a member but I made a donation to the NRA last night.
Ron
NRA Member

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I need to get some NRA shirts. I'm the NRA as much as any other member, and freedom faces no threats from me.

Concealed carry, that's me. Concealed beliefs, not under any circumstances.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:If we want to get serious about saving the lives of our children, there are a lot of things we can do that will make a real difference. Things like raising the age for a drivers license to 25, cracking down on the proliferation of violent video games and violent images in our entertainment. We can also have adults stop spewing hate and venom toward those they disagree with by doing things like threatening to blow up their families, or posing with a mock severed head of our President.

Hate and the propensity toward violence are the real causes of these and other killings. We need adults who say they care about the well being of our children to do some self policing of themselves and their peers. We don't need government for this. We can, and should do it ourselves. Hollywood studios should stop making films that glorify violence. Actors and actresses should refuse roles in such films. And if they are made, parents should actually parent and keep their kids from absorbing these images. Same goes for video games. College professors should condemn students who participate in violent "protests" instead of glorifying them.

We all need to grow up a bit and take some responsibility. But we don't need further government infringement on our fundament individual rights.
There it is, :iagree: ! Well, maybe not the driver's license age but pretty much all the rest of it.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Interesting read. Worth your time.

My name is John Bouchell and I am not a bot. I was in school administration after spending a stint in the military. Let me explain: As usual, I was a teacher, a coach and later became an administrator. I worked at all three levels of public school in administration.

Like most athletic males I was assigned as a part of a school security team- at all three levels. Eventually, I was trained by the Department of Homeland Security, Several sheriff's departments, and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, GBI. Prior, I was trained the military.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9663 ... 42208.html
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Flightmare »

Here's Dana's speech at CPAC today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj03yEwF0HA
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

What a scripted train wreck that was. CNN should have their credentials stripped.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Oldgringo wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:If we want to get serious about saving the lives of our children, there are a lot of things we can do that will make a real difference. Things like raising the age for a drivers license to 25, cracking down on the proliferation of violent video games and violent images in our entertainment. We can also have adults stop spewing hate and venom toward those they disagree with by doing things like threatening to blow up their families, or posing with a mock severed head of our President.

Hate and the propensity toward violence are the real causes of these and other killings. We need adults who say they care about the well being of our children to do some self policing of themselves and their peers. We don't need government for this. We can, and should do it ourselves. Hollywood studios should stop making films that glorify violence. Actors and actresses should refuse roles in such films. And if they are made, parents should actually parent and keep their kids from absorbing these images. Same goes for video games. College professors should condemn students who participate in violent "protests" instead of glorifying them.

We all need to grow up a bit and take some responsibility. But we don't need further government infringement on our fundament individual rights.
There it is, :iagree: ! Well, maybe not the driver's license age but pretty much all the rest of it.

Why do you not agree about The drivers license? I have not check the lastest facts but I am sure vehicles are used more to kill then guns!

HERE IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!

If you want to stop high schoolers feom dying. Raise the driving age to 25! In 2013, CARS KILLED 2,524 teens. Thats 2.5 Florida shooting PER WEEK! 55% even admit to not wearing seatbelts all the time, geez thats high!

2,524 teens die a year, do you really want to stop our kids from dying?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

flechero

Post by flechero »

anygunanywhere wrote:Interesting read. Worth your time.

My name is John Bouchell and I am not a bot. I was in school administration after spending a stint in the military. Let me explain: As usual, I was a teacher, a coach and later became an administrator. I worked at all three levels of public school in administration.

Like most athletic males I was assigned as a part of a school security team- at all three levels. Eventually, I was trained by the Department of Homeland Security, Several sheriff's departments, and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, GBI. Prior, I was trained the military.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9663 ... 42208.html
Agreed- he raises good questions.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

All day today, it's been about teachers being armed... they're showing hysterical teachers crying about how they went to college to become a teacher, not a soldier, they don't want to stand in front of a classroom "with a gun in my pocket," and they're so upset they're shaking and weeping. And of course the "experts" are saying armed teachers would be dangerous, because they're not trained, kids could be killed in the "crossfire," and SWAT teams would rush in and not know which one is the killer, and so on.

And of course they're sound-biting Wayne LaPierre's speech, just showing the part where he says, "the elites want to eliminate the 2nd Amendment, and then eliminate all of our freedoms" "they hate freedom..." etc. which makes him look like a paranoid lunatic. I think he went a little too far with that sort of thing. And the way he constantly guzzled from that water bottle looked horrible; why couldn't he use a glass?
-Ruark

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TreyHouston wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:

Why do you not agree about The drivers license? I have not check the lastest facts but I am sure vehicles are used more to kill then guns!

HERE IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!

If you want to stop high schoolers feom dying. Raise the driving age to 25! In 2013, CARS KILLED 2,524 teens. Thats 2.5 Florida shooting PER WEEK! 55% even admit to not wearing seatbelts all the time, geez thats high!

2,524 teens die a year, do you really want to stop our kids from dying?
Okay, raise the driver's license too. You can drive yours to school, work or wherever. Mine are either dead or grown.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Are we talking about saving lives or inconvenience? There are busses and Uber. Let the kids get a job! Imagine how much that would reduce crime and teen pregnancies
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

It goes on. 1,800 children a year die from physical abuse. That's a Stoneman Douglas shooting every 3 1/2 days. Where's the outrage? Where are the town hall meetings? Where's CNN?
-Ruark

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TreyHouston wrote:Are we talking about saving lives or inconvenience? There are busses and Uber. Let the kids get a job! Imagine how much that would reduce crime and teen pregnancies
There are buses and/or Uber out in the country?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”