NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

Post by Syntyr »

Liberty wrote:He is the only 2nd amendment advocate, and he is very mushy about it. He has no problem making AR-15s illegal.
Of course... Be aware they says AR15 and AK's but these are code words. What they mean is all SemiAutomatic rifles, shotguns and pistols. They smell blood in the water. They think this is their chance.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

The hostility towards the NRA is overwhelming. The audience roars in condemnation every time the NRA comes up.
-Ruark

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

It would be nice if fox would do the same but only allow pro 2A questions and supporters. Imagine the crying of foul! :lol:

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

This is a joke.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

jason812 wrote:This is a joke.

On the contrary. This anti-gun agenda fueled by Florida well funded and well organized. Even Rubio is talking about magazine bans.

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

I’m about tired of listening to Beavis anti gun ramblings

dlh

Post by dlh »

CNN loves to push anti-gun propaganda---this is just one example.

Notice CNN did not do a "town-hall" of grannies robbed and assaulted in their apartments by thugs with the grannies either having guns to protect themselves or wishing they had guns. Questions from the audience welcome....yeah...right...don't hold your breath for CNN to do that show.

It all depends on how you "stack the deck."
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

montgomery wrote:
jason812 wrote:This is a joke.

On the contrary. This anti-gun agenda fueled by Florida well funded and well organized. Even Rubio is talking about magazine bans.
It's a joke in the fact that this is not a discussion. Previously mentioned in this thread, it a pepper rally against firearms. The kids appear to have been given questions and it is definitely well orchestrated.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

I don't see how the NRA rep will survive on that stage. The whole program has been basically an anti-NRA event, and those two Democrats repeating how we need universal background checks (yawn), and we must "get these weapons of war off our streets!!!!"
-Ruark

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I can not think of anything CNN can say on any subject that cause me to turn on my TV.

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

Wish Dana would have taken that sheriff to the wood shed over his admitting that the nutcase kid was the one responsible.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

roadkill wrote:Wish Dana would have taken that sheriff to the wood shed over his admitting that the nutcase kid was the one responsible.
She giving it to him now

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

Yes she is. Dana’s the only reason I watched

newTexan

Post by newTexan »

Been watching all this tonight and my impression is that Dana and Marco did the best they could in a deliberately and overwhelmingly hostile audience. I was shocked and unhappy to hear Macro say he's open to magazine restrictions. That's not going to help.

This to me just reeks of a slick, well done, well planned, full court press by the anti-gun folks. They have been itching for the perfect circumstance to use a horrible event like this to get what they want. The kids, I believe, are being used by the media and the anti-gun crowd. I don't blame the kids, but I can see how using them like this could be a potent way for the libs to turn the tide and get some of what they're wanting.

I'm all for fixing issues in the NICS system. I'm all for making sure that people who are legitimately denied 2A rights due to criminality or mental defect are prevented. As Dana said, keeping firearms out of the hands of monsters is something we can all agree on. But I fear they will use this to get a lot more than just that. I hope I'm wrong.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

While this was going on, Trump did the opposite:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN) - President Donald Trump, after listening to a series of emotional stories and pleas to enhance school safety at the White House Wednesday, floated the idea of arming teachers and school staff, an idea that was met with support from many of the attendees.

"If you had a teacher who was adept with the firearm, they could end the attack very quickly," he said, stating that schools could arm up to 20% of their teachers to stop "maniacs" who may try and attack them.
Oh and I liked this tidbit too:
President Trump wrote:Gun-free zone to a maniac -- because they're all cowards -- a gun-free zone is 'let's go in and let's attack because bullets aren't coming back at us.'
Last edited by TexasJohnBoy on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”