NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Re: NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

Post by Flightmare »

There were some angry and hurt students, parents, and faculty talking tonight. And these people are justified in feeling that way. I believe their anger and pain has been pointed at the wrong target. As others have said, Dana did the best she could with the questions she was asked. She has far more courage than I walking into that environment,and I applaud her for it.

These people were not only robbed of people they love, they were robbed of their illusions of safety and security. The sheriff got it right when he said there was only one individual to blame for that, and it is the monster who pulled the trigger. I do not wish their circumstances on ANYONE. Hopefully they eventually find peace.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

newTexan wrote:Been watching all this tonight and my impression is that Dana and Marco did the best they could in a deliberately and overwhelmingly hostile audience. I was shocked and unhappy to hear Macro say he's open to magazine restrictions. That's not going to help.

This to me just reeks of a slick, well done, well planned, full court press by the anti-gun folks. They have been itching for the perfect circumstance to use a horrible event like this to get what they want. The kids, I believe, are being used by the media and the anti-gun crowd. I don't blame the kids, but I can see how using them like this could be a potent way for the libs to turn the tide and get some of what they're wanting.

I'm all for fixing issues in the NICS system. I'm all for making sure that people who are legitimately denied 2A rights due to criminality or mental defect are prevented. As Dana said, keeping firearms out of the hands of monsters is something we can all agree on. But I fear they will use this to get a lot more than just that. I hope I'm wrong.
Dana proved you cannot reason with the anti's. They have an agenda and will not stop until they succeed. The sheriff took no responsibility for the failures of law enforcement. If anybody wants to see the face of law enforcement that will be willing to confiscate your firearms, Sheriff Israel is a prime example.

I would like to shake Dana's hand if I get a chance to meet her at the convention. She is a very good representative for us. Kudos to her for going through that.

Rubio did the best he could but he came off weak and is willing to side with the anti's about certain bans and laws and for that, he disappointed me.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Chaparral
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chaparral »

Flightmare wrote:These people were not only robbed of people they love, they were robbed of their illusions of safety and security. The sheriff got it right when he said there was only one individual to blame for that, and it is the monster who pulled the trigger. I do not wish their circumstances on ANYONE. Hopefully they eventually find peace.
Very nicely said.

aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aaangel »

i watched dana. (she's beautiful btw) great job as usual! sheriff was sweating! 39 times :smash: drop the mic dana! and did you all notice the faces of the people when lori alhadeff spoke about nothing was done after the NRA put out the national school shield task force after sandy hook?
Last edited by aaangel on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I can understand the youthful rage of these students that is not only misguided but also misdirected. But the media and anti groups are trying to exploit these kids and families to further their agenda rather than actually do anything that will actually make kids in our country safer. Taking guns away will not make them safe.

Dana did a phenomenal job of speaking on behalf of millions of law abiding citizens and NRA members. So very proud she is on our side.

One of the most disturbing parts that I saw was when Dana was roundly booed when she was talking about the horrific rape of Kimberly Corban and her desire to have been able to have a gun to stop the rapist. I can't help but wonder what Kimberly Corban is thinking right now. There are so many willing to let our kids and women be vulnerable and not allow them to defend themselves.
Ron
NRA Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Well I came home from church tonight in a good mood, but that ended right after I turned on the DVR.

You would have thought the NRA was the shooter at all shootings. :banghead:

Rubio is re-considering his position on “hi cap magazines.” Holding on to my magazines.
Flightmare wrote:These people were not only robbed of people they love, they were robbed of their illusions of safety and security. The sheriff got it right when he said there was only one individual to blame for that, and it is the monster who pulled the trigger. I do not wish their circumstances on ANYONE. Hopefully they eventually find peace.
:iagree:

Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

What CNN will do for $$$ Having a "Town Hall" with an auditorium full of people that went through a horrific tragedy and clearly a majority of them are in the Anger phase of grief.

Kudos to Dana for going into that environment, keeping her cool, and answering questions about muskets and the Constitution. That Sheriff sounded more like a politician than a LEO.
Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This is why I won’t get into a discussion with a gun-grabber any more. They’re not intellectually honest about it. They aren’t interested in a “national conversation”......what they are interested in is a national lecture. They can talk all they want, and on the day that they try to take ‘em, I’m going to use ‘em. End of story. You can use all kinds of euphemisms for an AR15 ..... “modern sporting rifle” ..... etc., etc., but my preferred term is “militia rifle”, because, all the fancy talk aside, that is what they are!. Yeah, I know it’s not politically correct; but I’ve ceased to be impressed by political correctness. I don’t really care about PO’d high school students and their “vast fund” of wisdom and experience. Why do I not care? Because in their self-centeredness, they don’t care about me. I’m just some old white guy, standing in the way of what they want. So they can go take a long walk off a short pier. I am done trying to reason with them. They’re not interested in reason.

I just posted this after logging on to Brownells, and buying 4 more 20-round mags for my SCAR 17, and 20 more 30-round PMAGs for my ARs. Lots of things already getting backordered.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Crossroads wrote:What CNN will do for $$$ Having a "Town Hall" with an auditorium full of people that went through a horrific tragedy and clearly a majority of them are in the Anger phase of grief.

Kudos to Dana for going into that environment, keeping her cool, and answering questions about muskets and the Constitution. That Sheriff sounded more like a politician than a LEO.
He IS a politician. He runs for office......that makes him a politician.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rob777

Post by rob777 »

Flightmare wrote:There were some angry and hurt students, parents, and faculty talking tonight. And these people are justified in feeling that way. I believe their anger and pain has been pointed at the wrong target. As others have said, Dana did the best she could with the questions she was asked. She has far more courage than I walking into that environment,and I applaud her for it.

These people were not only robbed of people they love, they were robbed of their illusions of safety and security. The sheriff got it right when he said there was only one individual to blame for that, and it is the monster who pulled the trigger. I do not wish their circumstances on ANYONE. Hopefully they eventually find peace.

I wish Rubio would've said this when asked if it was the gun's fault...
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

1911 Raptor wrote:I am tired of the left bringing up muskets in comparison to today’s firearms, it is intellectual dishonesty! The musket at the time the second amendment was written was the ultimate firearm at that time. Yes firearms have evolved but our founding fathers saw no reason to limit the latest and greatest firearm at that time to its citizens. They placed no restrictions on firearms that they people could own. If Maxine guns and semi autos had existed at that time I believe the second amendment would have still been written exactly the same! Citizens could and did own the latest and greatest in firearms for that period of time and it wasn’t an issue!

Here's a gun from 1718 that gives the lie to the statement that our founding father's couldn't imagine fast firing guns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPC7KiYDshw
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

This is why I won’t get into a discussion with a gun-grabber any more. They’re not intellectually honest about it.
More and more of the production of our public school systems leave their school years poorly equipped to be intellectually honest and to a large degree poorly equipped to be intellectual at all in the classical sense. The factory farms of education are delivering what has been asked of them -- no child left behind, and virtually all held to lowest-common-denominator standards. What I am getting at is that there will undoubtedly be greater opportunity ahead to discuss with well indoctrinated gun-grabbers -- or not as each of us chooses.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

I knew this was going to be a screw-fest when the very first speaker, the school superintendent, got up and said "I don't want to put guns in teachers' hands, I want to put more money in their pockets!" and got a roaring standing ovation. It was downhill after that.

The level of anti-NRA hostility was remarkable, with constant shrieking and raving about how the NRA cares more about making money for gun manufacturers than protecting our children, etc. Dana was booed and jeered when she pointed out that only 38 states are required to submit criminal records to the NICS database. Unbelievable.
-Ruark

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... uards.html

So yeah, it was pretty stacked and a foregone conclusion.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”