NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

Post by BBYC »

Oldgringo wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:Are we talking about saving lives or inconvenience? There are busses and Uber. Let the kids get a job! Imagine how much that would reduce crime and teen pregnancies
There are buses and/or Uber out in the country?
They have buses and Uber in India but maybe not every country.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BBYC »

The Annoyed Man wrote:This is why I won’t get into a discussion with a gun-grabber any more. They’re not intellectually honest about it. They aren’t interested in a “national conversation”......what they are interested in is a national lecture. They can talk all they want, and on the day that they try to take ‘em, I’m going to use ‘em. End of story. You can use all kinds of euphemisms for an AR15 ..... “modern sporting rifle” ..... etc., etc., but my preferred term is “militia rifle”, because, all the fancy talk aside, that is what they are!. Yeah, I know it’s not politically correct; but I’ve ceased to be impressed by political correctness. I don’t really care about PO’d high school students and their “vast fund” of wisdom and experience. Why do I not care? Because in their self-centeredness, they don’t care about me. I’m just some old white guy, standing in the way of what they want. So they can go take a long walk off a short pier. I am done trying to reason with them. They’re not interested in reason.
:iagree:

Anybody willing to look at the facts objectively can see that neither gun bans nor gun accessory bans reduces violent crime.

Anybody with the capacity to know right from wrong knows that it's wrong to violate my rights because of something another person did.

They can talk all they want. That's their right. However, their right to ban guns ends at their front door.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

BBYC wrote: Anybody willing to look at the facts objectively can see that neither gun bans nor gun accessory bans reduces violent crime.
This is another really GLARING aspect of this whole foofooraw, that anti-gunners just seem oblivious to. None... NONE of the gun laws and reforms they're screaming for would have ANY effect whatsoever on mass killings. None. Zero. Zilch. At the same time, they turn a blind eye (and a deaf ear) to things that WOULD have an effect, such as stricter requirements for reporting criminal records to NICS. It boggles the mind. These people have been brainwashed ten ways from Sunday.

And what's sad is that as a result of their misdirected hysteria, more innocent people will die.
-Ruark

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”