NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA vs CNN Tonight 9PM

Post by Lynyrd »

Frankie wrote:
CYBER WARNING Sorry, http://www.cnn.com has been blocked by your network administrator. This site is NOT safe.
That's a good idea! I may have to add that to our network's black list! :lol:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:This is why I won’t get into a discussion with a gun-grabber any more. They’re not intellectually honest about it. They aren’t interested in a “national conversation”......what they are interested in is a national lecture. They can talk all they want, and on the day that they try to take ‘em, I’m going to use ‘em. End of story. You can use all kinds of euphemisms for an AR15 ..... “modern sporting rifle” ..... etc., etc., but my preferred term is “militia rifle”, because, all the fancy talk aside, that is what they are!. Yeah, I know it’s not politically correct; but I’ve ceased to be impressed by political correctness. I don’t really care about PO’d high school students and their “vast fund” of wisdom and experience. Why do I not care? Because in their self-centeredness, they don’t care about me. I’m just some old white guy, standing in the way of what they want. So they can go take a long walk off a short pier. I am done trying to reason with them. They’re not interested in reason.

I just posted this after logging on to Brownells, and buying 4 more 20-round mags for my SCAR 17, and 20 more 30-round PMAGs for my ARs. Lots of things already getting backordered.
:iagree:

Just ordered more PMAG's for AR's and couple more for Mini-14 at Gun Mag Warehouse. Right now some things are sold out, but plenty of Gen2 PMAGs available. https://gunmagwarehouse.com/magpul-pmag ... tforms=282
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

strogg

Post by strogg »

I feel like a lot of these people are blaming inanimate objects as the cause of these horrible events because they can't fathom to look at themselves in the mirror. Yes I know, 100% of fault, blame, and heinous actions performed fall on the perps who pulled the triggers. But the issue is that these same people KNEW about the mental problems the deranged perps have. By addressing that concern, they think they are saying to themselves, "Yeah, we knew and could have done something about it, but we didn't," which would put a modicum of guilt and responsibility on them, even though it's not their responsibility to help the mentally ill (although it'd be nice if people volunteered to do so). So rather than blaming the perps and addressing those concerns (while making themselves look bad), they just took it out on the guns, turning themselves and the perps into innocent bystanders that couldn't have possibly prevented any of these heinous crimes. This, of course, doesn't just apply to the recent Florida shooting. It applies to the vast majority of mass shootings. Then of course you have your terrorists. If they can't get a single gun, then they'll probably get a truck or build a bomb or something like that. Think Timothy McVeigh.

On a separate note, I had a short talk with soft anti about the recent events. She concluded, "Until there's enough money and resources to put into improving the mental health of America, people will take the easier way out and take away the guns in hopes of improving the current situation." Unfortunately, liberal politicians, the far left public, and the MSM all seem to ignore every part except the end. I'm not worried about the politicians (their jobs are decided by the people) or the far left public (they number in the very few), but rather I'm worried about the MSM. It's scary how much power they have, since they are most people's window into how the world really is... or how the MSM makes it out to be. Let's hope that more and more people see through the smoke and mirrors the MSM are putting up.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I heard someone on Fox say that a psychological screening should be required before buying an AR15. I see the feel-good in that idea, but it's pretty bogus.

You can't buy firearms with serious convictions on your record. The real world tests you, and pushes your buttons. If you're a problem child, you're fairly certain to collect serious convictions.

With hundreds of millions of firearms out there, it looks like natural selection weeds out a lot of nuts.

On a different note, behold the face of tomorrow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLiBFMUQ7s

The little fellow wants to take your guns, but not all at once. He just wants change. A little bit now, a little bit later.

Makes me want a bump fire stock. Not to actually use the silly thing, but to respond to his hysteria.

God grant the victims' families peace, and justice for the perpetrator. May due process reign for him, so it can hold firm for all of us.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

treadlightly wrote:I heard someone on Fox say that a psychological screening should be required before buying an AR15. I see the feel-good in that idea, but it's pretty bogus.

You can't buy firearms with serious convictions on your record. The real world tests you, and pushes your buttons. If you're a problem child, you're fairly certain to collect serious convictions.

With hundreds of millions of firearms out there, it looks like natural selection weeds out a lot of nuts.

On a different note, behold the face of tomorrow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLiBFMUQ7s

The little fellow wants to take your guns, but not all at once. He just wants change. A little bit now, a little bit later.

Makes me want a bump fire stock. Not to actually use the silly thing, but to respond to his hysteria.

God grant the victims' families peace, and justice for the perpetrator. May due process reign for him, so it can hold firm for all of us.
What do you expect after all the decades of government school indoctrination?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

apostate

Post by apostate »

What about question 11.f on form 4473?

Just saying.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If we want to get serious about saving the lives of our children, there are a lot of things we can do that will make a real difference. Things like raising the age for a drivers license to 25, cracking down on the proliferation of violent video games and violent images in our entertainment. We can also have adults stop spewing hate and venom toward those they disagree with by doing things like threatening to blow up their families, or posing with a mock severed head of our President.

Hate and the propensity toward violence are the real causes of these and other killings. We need adults who say they care about the well being of our children to do some self policing of themselves and their peers. We don't need government for this. We can, and should do it ourselves. Hollywood studios should stop making films that glorify violence. Actors and actresses should refuse roles in such films. And if they are made, parents should actually parent and keep their kids from absorbing these images. Same goes for video games. College professors should condemn students who participate in violent "protests" instead of glorifying them.

We all need to grow up a bit and take some responsibility. But we don't need further government infringement on our fundament individual rights.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

Last nights event is all over today's news, of course, but it's interesting that there's not a single WORD about the problems with the NICS database. The Sutherland Springs church shooter (26 dead), Devin Kelley, had a horrifying history of violent crimes while he was in the Air Force, including cracking his infant son's skull. But it wasn't reported, so when he bought his AR, the NICS check came up clean as a whistle.

How can we have background checks, not to mention "expanded" background checks, if there's no background to check? I read yesterday that nationwide, about 80% of criminal convictions are actually reported to NICS. This is insane. Dana pointed out last night that only 38 states actually have a requirement to report to it. Seems like if there were any issue that requires immediate attention, it would be this. Yet, not a word anywhere, not a peep. Just "expanded" background checks, banning bumpfires and raising the gun-buying age.
-Ruark

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

Well, the above reports from viewers reaffirms the wisdom of my decision to not let CNN trespass across the screen of any TV I may choose to watch. 'God, has granted me the Serenity, to avoid the things I can not change'. :tiphat:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Should have known going into the Clinton News Network the deck would be stacked. This should have never taken place.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Last nights event is all over today's news, of course, but it's interesting that there's not a single WORD about the problems with the NICS database.
There is an op-ed on FOXnews.com by John Lott that points out the NICS problems.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

allisji

Post by allisji »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... uards.html

So yeah, it was pretty stacked and a foregone conclusion.
This kid should have gone to the town-hall and then went off-script and asked his own question.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

A corollary of the current round of idiocy comes to mind.

A psychopath chooses a gun to inflict injury and death.

The police select their firearms to protect themselves and the public from, typically, one aggressor at a time. Even when confronting a streetful of concerned Ferguson citizens, they don't need guns for mass killing. They need safe, dependable guns for addressing individual actors.

If the arguments against my guns hold water, then why do the police need anything so, cough, terrible as an AR15?

Incidentally, I don't drink my own koolaid. Terrible taste. I think everyone of age and sound mind should practice with the weapons they all should have.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

allisji wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... uards.html

So yeah, it was pretty stacked and a foregone conclusion.
This kid should have gone to the town-hall and then went off-script and asked his own question.
He should have gone and when it was his turn asked CNN why he has to ask THEIR question and not his questions. That would have started some fireworks!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”