Israeli Writer: Israel Is Proof The NRA Is Right

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Israeli Writer: Israel Is Proof The NRA Is Right

Post by Pawpaw »

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/02/2 ... nra-right/
If we step aside from our cynicism at a time like this, we can probably assume that everyone on the planet wants to see the end of mass shootings. The few that don’t are generally the sick bastards who are planning the next ones. While there are plenty of opportunists who are seizing the moment following such horrific events, I’d like to believe that even they would prefer to see the end of such attacks.

Many people have pointed to Israel as proof of how gun control should be. The Jewish state, that is otherwise an anathema to the left, has some pretty strict gun laws, making it a role model for us to consider, some argue.

Well, one Israeli writer, Tzvi Lev, thinks it’s proof of something, it’s just not what the anti-gun zealots would like.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Israeli Writer: Israel Is Proof The NRA Is Right

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/Arti ... aspx/21714
Original article
When terrorists attacked a school in Maalot in 1974, Israel did not declare every school a gun-free zone. It passed a law mandating armed security in schools, provided weapons training to teachers and today runs frequent active shooter drills. There have been only two school shootings since then, and both have ended with teachers killing the terrorists.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Thank you bb...for the article link :iagree:

This is what the media should be informing the public of !

I wish I knew how to link your post but I'm not pooter literate. I will use your link to spread the word.
:txflag:
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

magillapd

Post by magillapd »

Awesome article!
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

cpojoe

Post by cpojoe »

If I remember correctly, it was 44 years ago that Israel began arming teachers in schools. Since that time there have been only two instances of gun violence in all the schools in Israel and both of those were stoped by a teacher in the school.

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

cpojoe wrote:If I remember correctly, it was 44 years ago that Israel began arming teachers in schools. Since that time there have been only two instances of gun violence in all the schools in Israel and both of those were stoped by a teacher in the school.
Now there you go clouding the issue with facts.

You should be ashamed of yourself. It's for the kids!!!

(Where the heck is that sarcasm font we've been asking for for years?)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Very good read, thanks! :tiphat:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”