Enterprise Car Rental Drops the NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Chemist45
Posts in topic: 3

Enterprise Car Rental Drops the NRA

Post by Chemist45 »

Apparently, you can change a company's business practices with one tweet.
http://freebeacon.com/issues/rental-car ... -shooting/

I'm not on twitter, wouldn't have any followers if I were. But I do have email. Here is what I sent to Enterprise:
You recently made the news by dropping your discount for NRA members. Now, as an NRA member, I am dropping you.
I was an Enterprise Plus member but no more.
Your policy of "We'll pick you up" was a real freedom for me, but I will do without it.
I doubt you will get any new rentals from anti-freedom people, but I can absolutely guarantee that you will not get any more rentals from me or other NRA members.
I am now an Avis preferred member.

A friend just dropped his Visa with First National Bank of Omaha for the same reason.
There are 100 million gun owners in this country. We wield significant economic might. We need to start using it.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Enterprise Car Rental Drops the NRA

Post by C-dub »

I'm just curious. I don't expect or ask for a military discount. Why would I expect, ask for, or care if someone wants to give or not give a discount to someone just because they are a member or the NRA?

BTW, I am an NRA Lifetime member.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Zombified
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Zombified »

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/201 ... /23369446/

Bank backing NRA Visa also dropping them.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

At one time, I was not one to 'jump on anyone's band wagon' i.e., boycott.

Those days are over.

Drop The NRA And I Drop You!

Money talks and bull manure walks!

flechero

Post by flechero »

Through one of the links there was a list of companies that support the NRA and it was bolstered as a hit list for progressives.... please write each of the remaining companies and show your support and also send a "drop" letter or email to those who are crossed off the list, as they already dropped the NRA.

The momentum seem to be MUCH stronger this time than on past events... and the sole focus is on guns. No one gives a crap about mental health... at least not while we still have a 2A.
Attachments
nra supporters.png

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Zombified wrote:https://www.aol.com/article/finance/201 ... /23369446/

I just got off the phone with First National Bank of Omaha about my NRA Visa card. They confirmed they are ending their contract with the NRA. I told them to go ahead and "end my contract" with them then!
The rep kept trying to convince me not to, but in the end, he gave up and cancelled my card. Still have a balance due next month. If I didn't want to ruin my credit, I wouldn't pay it. :lol::
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Chemist45 wrote:Apparently, you can change a company's business practices with one tweet.
http://freebeacon.com/issues/rental-car ... -shooting/

But I do have email. Here is what I sent to Enterprise:

A friend just dropped his Visa with First National Bank of Omaha for the same reason.
There are 100 million gun owners in this country. We wield significant economic might. We need to start using it.
Who did you email at Enterprise?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Just got off the phone with Enterprise. I had them delete my prefered cusromer account. In the past 2 years i have spent 4289.43 with them. I frequently rent for business travel. I made sure they saw the exact number. Iit has been much more in the previous 20 years i have been renting from them. No more. The rep tried to "explain" that it was just their discount program. I explained that i have never used that program because i get a discount through work. However, if they are dropping the NRA they are dropping me. Not one more penny. Line, sand, wont cross!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

txglock21 wrote:

I just got off the phone with First National Bank of Omaha about my NRA Visa card. They confirmed they are ending their contract with the NRA. I told them to go ahead and "end my contract" with them then!
The rep kept trying to convince me not to, but in the end, he gave up and cancelled my card. Still have a balance due next month. If I didn't want to ruin my credit, I wouldn't pay it. :lol::
I sat on the phone for over 20 minutes to speak with a human (wonder if this is the reason for the long wait) and proceeded to pay my balance and close my account at the same time. She too kept trying to convince me not to close it but I told her that when they caved to the liberal, in my book, they became liberals so thanks, but no thanks.

I had some issues with Enterprise a couple of years ago and haven't used them since so no big deal there for me.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Onegun,
I used to be a member of their plus members and posted to them via their customer feedback site.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Enterprise operates three rental car companies: Enterprise, Alamo and National.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I'm an Emerald Club Executive member and I let them know through Facebook messenger that I dropped them and won't be using them anymore for any of my business or personal rentals.
Psalm 91:2

Crossroads
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossroads »

Thanks for posting this. I'll find another company to use for my trip in June.
Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

RPBrown wrote:
txglock21 wrote:

I sat on the phone for over 20 minutes to speak with a human (wonder if this is the reason for the long wait) and proceeded to pay my balance and close my account at the same time. She too kept trying to convince me not to close it but I told her that when they caved to the liberal, in my book, they became liberals so thanks, but no thanks.

I had some issues with Enterprise a couple of years ago and haven't used them since so no big deal there for me.
I sat on hold for almost 45 minutes before I got a human named Anthony. He was very nice, but wouldn't stop trying to convince me stay with them. I think they thought if it took so long to get through, I would give up, but NOPE!
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

ELB

Post by ELB »

I will not use them in the future and I won't recommend them to customers.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”